Road Cycling · Public discussion

Rant: What is it about PT cruiser drivers?

Started by Ron McKinnon · · Last activity · 44 posts · 1,227 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
22 January 2006
Last activity
29 January 2006
Original author
Ron McKinnon
Posts
44
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,227
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 44
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Thrusday on my ride work, as I was passing what is probably the most
    dangerous part of my ride - namely the exit of the doughnut shop
    drive-through onto the main road - I was cut off by a middle-aged lady in
    a PT cruiser exiting the lot. She saw me, was in fact looking right at
    me, but decided to go for it anyway. Fortunately I was prepared since
    this is, as I mentioned before, a dangerous spot, and I stopped in time.

    Now this reminded me of an occurence last year where a PT cruiser drove
    past me while I was minding my own business, cycling off on the edge of
    the road. The driver was visibly angry and shouting things I couldn't
    hear because the windows were down. Again this was a middle-aged lady in
    a PT cruiser. I overtook the car at the next intersection and gave her
    the one-fingered-salute only to have her roll down the window and shout
    "How DARE you?! How DARE you!?" in an insensed tone of voice. Some
    people just can't associate cause and effect.

    So is it me, or are PT cruiser drivers out there all ornery and
    unpleasant? Ok, two sighting doesn't make for much of a sample space, but
    has anyone else noticed the same correlation?

    Thanks for listening.

    --
    Ron McKinnon ron.mckinnon
    spam > [email hidden] at sympatico
    http://www.magma.ca/~ronmck dot ca

  2. Ron:
    I sympathise. My favorite failure to yield story is the time I was
    going downhill off the Pacific Coast Highway bridge over 1-5 just out
    of Mission Bay Park. It was night, forward lighting was a Cateye EL-300
    LED AND a blinking green vistaline clone. I was in the bike lane, got a
    good speed on. Driver in a sedan pulls out of the workplace vehicle
    parking lot of the very first buildng past the bridge, looks, sees me,
    eases off the brakes to move forward, then lurches (lightly) to a halt
    as he sees I have NO intention of stopping to let him pull out (I don't
    know what's behind me, hate to get hammered from behind by another
    cyclist).
    Here's the punchline: That first building past the bridge is a
    California Highway Patrol station. Mr. CHP hit the lights (but NOT the
    siren! he might have been asked where the fire was at shift change) as
    he passed me after he pulled out.
    Lesson: Even cops can be a little fuzzy on the rules of the road,
    and get peeved when they're called on it.

    Robert Leone [email hidden]

  3. "Ron McKinnon" <see_sig@for_email.ca> wrote in message
    news:pan.2006.01.22.17.14.36.588094@for_email.ca...

    Quoted message said:

    So is it me, or are PT cruiser drivers out there all ornery and
    unpleasant? Ok, two sighting doesn't make for much of a sample space, but
    has anyone else noticed the same correlation?

    I dunno, I think maybe more distinctive cars tend to just stick in our
    memories. You may have actually had more incidents with, say, Malibus or
    Explorers, but those cars are so generic we don't even remember them as
    specific models.

    RichC

  4. rleone said:

    Ron:
    I sympathise. My favorite failure to yield story is the time I was
    going downhill off the Pacific Coast Highway bridge over 1-5 just out of
    Mission Bay Park. It was night, forward lighting was a Cateye EL-300 LED
    AND a blinking green vistaline clone. I was in the bike lane, got a good
    speed on. Driver in a sedan pulls out of the workplace vehicle parking lot
    of the very first buildng past the bridge, looks, sees me, eases off the
    brakes to move forward, then lurches (lightly) to a halt as he sees I have
    NO intention of stopping to let him pull out (I don't know what's behind
    me, hate to get hammered from behind by another cyclist).
    Here's the punchline: That first building past the bridge is a
    California Highway Patrol station. Mr. CHP hit the lights (but NOT the
    siren! he might have been asked where the fire was at shift change) as he
    passed me after he pulled out.
    Lesson: Even cops can be a little fuzzy on the rules of the road,
    and get peeved when they're called on it.

    The cop probably just misjudged your speed, a mistake many drivers make --
    which is why you should ride defensively.

    Matt O.

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:

    Ron:
    I sympathise. My favorite failure to yield story is the time I was
    going downhill off the Pacific Coast Highway bridge over 1-5 just out
    of Mission Bay Park.

    Quoted message said:

    Here's the punchline: That first building past the bridge is a
    California Highway Patrol station. Mr. CHP hit the lights (but NOT the
    siren! he might have been asked where the fire was at shift change) as
    he passed me after he pulled out.

    No cops in my best failure to yield story, but it happened two weeks ago:

    I'm rolling quickly in a left-turn slot that comes after a steep
    descent, and I have a green light ahead of me. In the next lane to the
    right is a sedan moving slowly as it approaches the intersection. I can
    see what is likely to happen, and indeed it does: as he is nearly upon
    the intersection, the sedan driver lurches into the left lane, nicely
    cutting me off (since I anticipated this, I was already far-left and
    braking). Aside from cutting me off, this violates the solid white line
    between the left slot and the next lane, this being so close to the
    intersection.

    Well.

    I catch up to the guy at the next light (surprise!) and tap on his
    window. Here's a rough copy of the conversation that ensues:

    Me: When you turned left at that last light, you cut me off _very_ badly.

    Sedan: Yeah, I know. I saw you.

    Me: You what!?!?

    Sedan: Well, you were just on a bicycle--

    Me: [apoplectic, not even knowing where to start, just wanting not to
    swear a whole lot] YOU CAN'T DO THAT! YOU MISSED YOUR TURN! YOU GO
    AROUND THE BLOCK!!

    Then the light turned green, and I had no further time to explain all
    the other things that were wrong with his driving and perception of what
    constitutes a valid road user.

    This is about the best I've ever handled a traffic incident, except the
    time I reported a driver's plate to the police.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/
    "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
    to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos

  6. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Rich Clark said:

    "Ron McKinnon" <see_sig@for_email.ca> wrote in message
    news:pan.2006.01.22.17.14.36.588094@for_email.ca...

    Quoted message said:

    So is it me, or are PT cruiser drivers out there all ornery and
    unpleasant? Ok, two sighting doesn't make for much of a sample space, but
    has anyone else noticed the same correlation?


    ********
    I have the same issues with many drivers of, says- SUVs, BMWs, &
    extended cab pickup trucks...Arrgghh the stupid! It burns!

  7. Hiya Ryan1
    Ryan Cousineau wrote:
    I snip my part, here's Ryan's story.

    Quoted message said:

    No cops in my best failure to yield story, but it happened two weeks ago:

    I'm rolling quickly in a left-turn slot that comes after a steep
    descent, and I have a green light ahead of me. In the next lane to the
    right is a sedan moving slowly as it approaches the intersection. I can
    see what is likely to happen, and indeed it does: as he is nearly upon
    the intersection, the sedan driver lurches into the left lane, nicely
    cutting me off (since I anticipated this, I was already far-left and
    braking). Aside from cutting me off, this violates the solid white line
    between the left slot and the next lane, this being so close to the
    intersection.

    Well.

    I catch up to the guy at the next light (surprise!) and tap on his
    window. Here's a rough copy of the conversation that ensues:

    Me: When you turned left at that last light, you cut me off _very_ badly.

    Sedan: Yeah, I know. I saw you.

    Me: You what!?!?

    Sedan: Well, you were just on a bicycle--

    Me: [apoplectic, not even knowing where to start, just wanting not to
    swear a whole lot] YOU CAN'T DO THAT! YOU MISSED YOUR TURN! YOU GO
    AROUND THE BLOCK!!

    Then the light turned green, and I had no further time to explain all
    the other things that were wrong with his driving and perception of what
    constitutes a valid road user.

    This is about the best I've ever handled a traffic incident, except the
    time I reported a driver's plate to the police.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/


    SNIP

    Ouch! Nasty. Understandable, but nasty. We've got three intersections
    in San Diego that I routinely use where I ALWAYS assume someone's going
    to be in the wrong lane -- and I'm right often enough that I feel
    there's something fundamentally defective with the intersection
    (signage, lighting, design, who knows what). One is the Sports Arena
    Blvd/Rosecrans intersection. Both roads curve going into the
    intersection, so there's just not as much time to pick a lane. Then
    you've got three direction options (left, right and much more right),
    and one lane services both left and right. I'm trying to explain it,
    and making a hash out of it. It's spooky, but also the quick way to the
    BIG post office.

    Then there's the new, improved Taylor and Pacific Coast Highway
    intersection. Yup, it's on the way BACK from the BIG post office. This
    has been recently redesigned to give only one left turn lane -- but how
    those without local knowledge can be expected to figure THAT out I
    don't know. If there is a lane indication sign before the intersection
    it's shadowed by an overpass. Or it's mounted high on the overpass so
    people think it's just a freeway thing, nothing to do with them. I just
    assume that one or more of the cars to the right of me will try to turn
    left. Fortunately, they tend to GO on the Green Light that ISN'T the
    Green Arrow so I end up following them across the intersection .....

    Then there's PCH/East Mission Bay and Sea World Drive. Left turn lane,
    straight ahead lane, bike lane and right turn lane. YUP, you guessed
    it, people in the straight ahead lane figure out about thirty to two
    feet from the intersection they want to be in the right turn lane,
    while the road marking for the bike lane between straight and right
    starts a good two or three hundred feet back. Adding insult to injury,
    the induction loops in the bike lane don't work with bikes.

    The punch line: All of these are within a mile of the San Diego CHP
    station. And the folks at the BIG post office wonder why I don't go
    there very often anymore....

    Robert Leone [email hidden]

  8. Quoted message said:

    Ron:
    I sympathise. My favorite failure to yield story is the time I was
    going downhill off the Pacific Coast Highway bridge over 1-5 just out
    of Mission Bay Park. It was night, forward lighting was a Cateye EL-300
    LED AND a blinking green vistaline clone. I was in the bike lane, got a
    good speed on. Driver in a sedan pulls out of the workplace vehicle
    parking lot of the very first buildng past the bridge, looks, sees me,
    eases off the brakes to move forward, then lurches (lightly) to a halt
    as he sees I have NO intention of stopping to let him pull out (I don't
    know what's behind me, hate to get hammered from behind by another
    cyclist).

    Lights on a bike at night make you more visible but they don't make
    judging your speed any easier. We are all accustomed to judging the
    speed of oncoming lights in terms of car headlights and even a very
    bright headlamp on a bike doing 15 to 20 mph can still look like one
    headlight of either a parked car or a car quite a way down the road.
    The best you can reasonably hope for is that your lights will make a
    driver look twice before proceeding. That sounds like what happened
    here.

    Quoted message said:

    Here's the punchline: That first building past the bridge is a
    California Highway Patrol station. Mr. CHP hit the lights (but NOT the
    siren! he might have been asked where the fire was at shift change) as
    he passed me after he pulled out.
    Lesson: Even cops can be a little fuzzy on the rules of the road,
    and get peeved when they're called on it.

    Robert Leone [email hidden]

    Maybe the Chippy *did* only hit the lights because he was peeved, I
    don't know but it is also quite possible he was responding to what we
    call a "routine emergency"- a bar fight that just ended, someone locked
    out of the house by their drunken spouse, a traffic crash with lane
    blockage, etcetera- or maybe he didn't want to startle you with the
    siren as he passed. OTOH, I've had one or two conversations with their
    officers and they've told me that CHP has very specific guidelines
    about when to use emergency lights, when and how to use sirens, and
    when to use both. I know any patrol officer leaving my "workplace
    vehicle parking lot" after dark with both lights *and* siren activated
    had better be going to a call of shots fired with the offender still on
    the scene if he wants to avoid being chewed out by the watch commander
    for disturbing the neighbors unnecessarily. It happened to me years ago
    when I was responding from HQ to a fatal car crash. The watch commander
    called me in later in the shift to tell me, "Leave the damned siren
    off. Even with lights and siren, you were at least 10 minutes away.
    That's more than enough time for witnesses to split and besides, dead
    guys seldom leave the scene."
    BTW, if you *know* you are approaching an area where you might
    reasonably expect an emergency vehicle to be entering the roadway it's
    a good idea to exercise more than usual caution, including a shoulder
    check. (No criticism intended- just a reminder that a little extra
    caution never hurts.)

    Regards,
    Bob Hunt

  9. Ron McKinnon said:

    On Thrusday on my ride work, as I was passing what is probably the most
    dangerous part of my ride - namely the exit of the doughnut shop
    drive-through onto the main road - I was cut off by a middle-aged lady in
    a PT cruiser exiting the lot. She saw me, was in fact looking right at
    me, but decided to go for it anyway. Fortunately I was prepared since
    this is, as I mentioned before, a dangerous spot, and I stopped in time.

    Now this reminded me of an occurence last year where a PT cruiser drove
    past me while I was minding my own business, cycling off on the edge of
    the road. The driver was visibly angry and shouting things I couldn't
    hear because the windows were down. Again this was a middle-aged lady in
    a PT cruiser. I overtook the car at the next intersection and gave her
    the one-fingered-salute only to have her roll down the window and shout
    "How DARE you?! How DARE you!?" in an insensed tone of voice. Some
    people just can't associate cause and effect.

    So is it me, or are PT cruiser drivers out there all ornery and
    unpleasant? Ok, two sighting doesn't make for much of a sample space, but
    has anyone else noticed the same correlation?

    Thanks for listening.

    Drivers of orange Ford Pintos and yellow Chevrolet Vegas have always
    seemed the worst to me. Thankfully, they seem to be becoming
    increasingly rare. <g>

    Regards,
    Bob Hunt

  10. Dear Bob:
    Point taken, and I did have my hands on the brake levers in case the
    CHP officer did the passive/aggressive SSLLOOWW pull-out routine, and I
    would have pulled over and stopped if he'd had the top lights on.
    Honest. Really. On the other hand, I still think the guy was a bit
    shocked that a mere cyclist wouldn't defer to a real motorized vehicle
    painted like a panda bear.
    As a general rule, in San Diego the CHP leaves the bar fights to
    the city cops or the county sheriffs -- but they make up for it with
    having to clean up after the carnage left by high-speed "interaction"
    between the Limones Verdes ("Green Limes," or the Border Patrol) and a
    truly astounding variety of smugglers. Pot, people, parrots, the
    occasional white tiger. Don't know about bicycles, although with the
    interest in classic lightweght cycles I'd say it's about time Windsor
    got back into production.....

    Robert Leone [email hidden]

  11. Quoted message said:

    Dear Bob:
    Point taken, and I did have my hands on the brake levers in case the
    CHP officer did the passive/aggressive SSLLOOWW pull-out routine, and I
    would have pulled over and stopped if he'd had the top lights on.
    Honest. Really. On the other hand, I still think the guy was a bit
    shocked that a mere cyclist wouldn't defer to a real motorized vehicle
    painted like a panda bear.
    As a general rule, in San Diego the CHP leaves the bar fights to
    the city cops or the county sheriffs -- but they make up for it with
    having to clean up after the carnage left by high-speed "interaction"
    between the Limones Verdes ("Green Limes," or the Border Patrol) and a
    truly astounding variety of smugglers. Pot, people, parrots, the
    occasional white tiger. Don't know about bicycles, although with the
    interest in classic lightweght cycles I'd say it's about time Windsor
    got back into production.....

    Robert Leone [email hidden]

    Cool then about approaching police/fire stations but more important-
    not to mention more universal- is that while overall, lights are a
    definite plus and do indeed make you safer by making you more visible,
    they can also lead others to misjudge how far away you are and how fast
    or slow you are traveling. I still have better than average eyesight
    and, like most cyclists, I'm very much aware of bikes on the road. Even
    so, every once in awhile that light up ahead in the dark that appears
    to be a car a mile or more away turns out to be a bike a few hundred
    yards away.

    Regards,
    Bob Hunt

  12. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Ryan Cousineau said:

    I can
    see what is likely to happen, and indeed it does:

    Yeah, it helps to be psychic. Although I suppose it's really
    just a matter of fluent understanding of car "body English".

    Quoted message said:

    I catch up to the guy at the next light (surprise!) and tap on his
    window. Here's a rough copy of the conversation that ensues:

    Me: When you turned left at that last light, you cut me off _very_ badly.

    Sedan: Yeah, I know. I saw you.

    Me: You what!?!?

    Sedan: Well, you were just on a bicycle--


    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Are you sure he didn't say: "You're just _A_ bicycle"?

    Quoted message said:

    Me: [apoplectic, not even knowing where to start, just wanting not to
    swear a whole lot] YOU CAN'T DO THAT! YOU MISSED YOUR TURN! YOU GO
    AROUND THE BLOCK!!

    Then the light turned green, and I had no further time to explain all
    the other things that were wrong with his driving and perception of what
    constitutes a valid road user.

    ISTR there are pamphlets available at ICBC offices, directed at drivers,
    about sharing the road with cyclists. You could perhaps grab some and
    pack a couple of them along on your rides for such purposes. I've
    considered doing so, myself.

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.
    I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca

  13. Bob said:


    Lights on a bike at night make you more visible but they don't make
    judging your speed any easier.

    This is a good point, one i find helpful to remember.

    One problem is the paucity of a reference background ... a light in
    isolation in the dark is too sterile a datum.

    Something else worth considering, imho is that cyclists exhibit a
    roughly 400% speed range over the same stretches of the same streets.
    Quantified, that might mean speeds between 4~6 mph on the slow side to
    20~24+ on the high side. Generally, most cyclists fall closer to the
    4~6 mph range, i think. This is going to bias their snapshot
    perception of a cyclist as: slow.

    I can also imagine that some riders' decision to remove spoke
    reflectors may deny car operators a helpful cue to the cyclists' speed.

    ..max

  14. what does THIS button do? said:

    Something else worth considering, imho is that cyclists exhibit a
    roughly 400% speed range over the same stretches of the same streets.
    Quantified, that might mean speeds between 4~6 mph on the slow side to
    20~24+ on the high side. Generally, most cyclists fall closer to the
    4~6 mph range, i think. This is going to bias their snapshot
    perception of a cyclist as: slow.

    This is very true. I found that when I was using low-intensity bicycle
    lights, that vehicles would often turn left in front of me, or come out
    of a driveway or parking lot without yielding, not realizing that I was
    traveling at 20 mph because they're used to most bicycles going 5 mph.
    Once I switched to good lights, there was a big change. I think they
    believed that it was actually a motorcycle coming toward them.

  15. SMS said:
    what does THIS button do? said:

    Something else worth considering, imho is that cyclists exhibit a
    roughly 400% speed range over the same stretches of the same streets.
    Quantified, that might mean speeds between 4~6 mph on the slow side to
    20~24+ on the high side. Generally, most cyclists fall closer to the
    4~6 mph range, i think. This is going to bias their snapshot
    perception of a cyclist as: slow.

    This is very true. I found that when I was using low-intensity bicycle
    lights, that vehicles would often turn left in front of me, or come out
    of a driveway or parking lot without yielding, not realizing that I was
    traveling at 20 mph because they're used to most bicycles going 5 mph.
    Once I switched to good lights, there was a big change. I think they
    believed that it was actually a motorcycle coming toward them.

    An alternative explanation is that motorists simply didn't see the low
    intensity light as it may have blended in with other lights. Or they may
    have thought the low intensity light was further away than it actually
    was. In any case, a common misperception is that high speed motoring
    causes bicycle-motor vehicle crashes, but relatively high speed
    bicycling, or the non-recognition of high speed bicycles by motorists,
    is a bigger cause.

    Wayne

  16. Rich Clark said:

    I dunno, I think maybe more distinctive cars tend to just stick in our
    memories. You may have actually had more incidents with, say, Malibus or
    Explorers, but those cars are so generic we don't even remember them as
    specific models.

    Or maybe there's a little bit of getting what you expect, or
    self-fulfilling prophecy, or some such thing at work here.
    Yesterday I was out for a walk. I came to an intersection (4-way
    stop), turned, and paused before stepping into the crosswalk.
    Vroom! Vroom! (Or the onomatopoeia of your choice.) Two cars blew
    through the stop sign in quick succession. Had I not paused one of them
    might have nailed me.
    They were both PT Cruisers.

    Bill

    --------------------------------------------
    | In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. |
    | --Jose Narosky |
    --------------------------------------------

  17. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    Or maybe there's a little bit of getting what you expect, or
    self-fulfilling prophecy, or some such thing at work here.
    Yesterday I was out for a walk. I came to an intersection (4-way
    stop), turned, and paused before stepping into the crosswalk.
    Vroom! Vroom! (Or the onomatopoeia of your choice.) Two cars blew
    through the stop sign in quick succession. Had I not paused one of them
    might have nailed me.
    They were both PT Cruisers.

    I, unfortunately, have to provide the data point that not just PT
    Cruiser drivers are morons. I was out riding at lunch today, and had a
    Chevy Caprice (one of the old '80s models) roll through a stop sign,
    after looking right at me bearing down on him (rolling downhill, no
    less). I gave him an arm gesture and a good shout, but since it was
    below freezing, his windows were up :-/

    Now, if someone could only explain why white teenage males in the US
    somehow think they're better than every cyclist on the road and have to
    show it my yelling obscenities at you, I'll be all ears.

    --

    __o Kristian Zoerhoff
    _'\(,_ [email hidden]
    (_)/ (_)

  18. Kristian M Zoerhoff said:

    Now, if someone could only explain why white teenage males in the US
    somehow think they're better than every cyclist on the road and have to
    show it my yelling obscenities at you, I'll be all ears.

    They're morons, and that is their way of telling you so. Now if we
    could just figure out why they WANT you to know, we'd have something.

    Bill

    __o | Roads aren't for cars. They're for people.
    _`\(,_ |
    (_)/ (_) |

  19. "Ron McKinnon" <see_sig@for_email.ca> wrote in message
    news:pan.2006.01.22.17.14.36.588094@for_email.ca...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thrusday on my ride work, as I was passing what is probably the most
    dangerous part of my ride - namely the exit of the doughnut shop
    drive-through onto the main road - I was cut off by a middle-aged lady in
    a PT cruiser exiting the lot. She saw me, was in fact looking right at
    me, but decided to go for it anyway. Fortunately I was prepared since
    this is, as I mentioned before, a dangerous spot, and I stopped in time.

    Now this reminded me of an occurence last year where a PT cruiser drove
    past me while I was minding my own business, cycling off on the edge of
    the road. The driver was visibly angry and shouting things I couldn't
    hear because the windows were down. Again this was a middle-aged lady in
    a PT cruiser. I overtook the car at the next intersection and gave her
    the one-fingered-salute only to have her roll down the window and shout
    "How DARE you?! How DARE you!?" in an insensed tone of voice. Some
    people just can't associate cause and effect.

    So is it me, or are PT cruiser drivers out there all ornery and
    unpleasant? Ok, two sighting doesn't make for much of a sample space, but
    has anyone else noticed the same correlation?

    Thanks for listening.

    --
    Ron McKinnon ron.mckinnon
    spam > [email hidden] at sympatico
    http://www.magma.ca/~ronmck dot ca

    Heck, I always thought it was the BMW drivers who were the worst.
    I just rarely ever observe a BMW driver not driving super aggressively,
    speeding, doing stupid things like passing on the right going up onramps and
    such.
    I now just expect a BMW driver to pass too close, cut me off, pull out in
    front of me, etc.
    But I don't remember any obnoxious PT Cruiser drivers doing obnoxious stuff
    yet.

  20. Earl Bollinger wrote:
    SNIP

    Quoted message said:

    Heck, I always thought it was the BMW drivers who were the worst.
    I just rarely ever observe a BMW driver not driving super aggressively,
    speeding, doing stupid things like passing on the right going up onramps and
    such.
    I now just expect a BMW driver to pass too close, cut me off, pull out in
    front of me, etc.
    But I don't remember any obnoxious PT Cruiser drivers doing obnoxious stuff
    yet.

    The BMW, in my individual experience, has been passed by the SUV and
    out-sided, lifted pickup as the leading "operational threat" in the
    past decade. Whether that's because there are prooprotionately more bad
    drivers in SUVs and too-tall-crew-cabs or simply that beemers are
    outnumbered by the suburban assault vehicles is something that makes my
    head hurt to contemplate. In the past, my theory about BMWs was that
    people though owning/operating "the ultimate driving machine" made them
    the ultimate driver.

    Robert Leone [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.