rash

dianna

Sep 15, 2004
I have been cycling for two years, now. I always get a rash on the bottom of my butt cheeks. The outside part that shows in a bikini. I am very self conscious about it because i figure people see it and think I have a rash all over my butt. Even when the bumps aren't there, it seems to be, because there are still red spots. No bumps, just reddishness. Does anyone have any advice on how to prevent this, get rid of it, and get rid of the red even when the rash is gone??

Are you wearing bike shorts? If so try applying some sort of cream before riding like a thin layer of vaseline or something. It might help (it will definatley make your shorts messier but that is what washing machines are for).

Pawpaw cream is good and good bike shorts are essential. Your seat might be too high, making your **** role around on the seat more than it should. Having tight hamstrings causes hip role too.... Stretch. Try a different seat? Failing all of that get a lower cut on your togs.. :)

Good Luck Jay

otherworld said:
Pawpaw cream is good and good bike shorts are essential. Your seat might be too high, making your **** role around on the seat more than it should. Having tight hamstrings causes hip role too.... Stretch. Try a different seat? Failing all of that get a lower cut on your togs.. :)

Good Luck Jay
Good advice!

dianna said:
I have been cycling for two years, now. I always get a rash on the bottom of my butt cheeks. The outside part that shows in a bikini. I am very self conscious about it because i figure people see it and think I have a rash all over my butt. Even when the bumps aren't there, it seems to be, because there are still red spots. No bumps, just reddishness. Does anyone have any advice on how to prevent this, get rid of it, and get rid of the red even when the rash is gone??
You could be suffering from some kind of reaction to the soap you wash your shorts in. I wash mine after every ride with Ivory (because it is supposed to be pure) and that has helped quite a bit.

Also, if it is a long term problem, you may have develope a fungal rash. Lotramine AF works pretty well to clear that up if that is the case.

dianna said:

If you post a photo I may be able to help diagnose it for you. :D