RBR Supreme Ruler = Kurgan FAQ

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ken Papai, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringioni....

    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]
    > > >
    > > > Pappy, I don't want your job. You are THE SUPREME RULER.
    > >
    > > If I may, nothing personal on this one, thanks.
    >
    > Pappy is The Supreme Ruler (bestowed upon him by the previous Supreme
    Ruler,
    > AA), but has had trouble handling the extreme pressure of that position. Note that AA had a
    > nervous breakdown, leading to finger cancer and semi-retirement from this group.

    Pappy *was* the S.R. until I found out how arduous it was. When I left the Leather Throne of the
    dominant, patron-like position the S.R. job was vacant and RBR was pretty much a wasteland -- full
    of Usenet Newbies, Bike Racing Newbies, Rules Ignorants, Trollers, Part Time Fans (July tune-in to
    Tour), and the rest.

    Henry left, stayed in rec.arts.mensa for awhile then came back with a new name and more upbeat
    persona and has *de facto* been the RBR SR since around June 1.

    THERE you have it.

    I quit a LONG time ago.

    Kunich said it went to my head and it sure did.

    > George W. Bush has it much easier. Month long working vacations in Texas.

    Gotta admire W for his working vacations. Just like his (and my) hero, The Gipper.

    > The Supreme Ruler of RBR has no such perks, only the flame-throwing posts
    of
    > his subjects.

    -Ken

    --
    Regards,

    Ken Papai 415-472-0122 [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    I nominate Trdina.

    Hopefully he has the time to become a regular again.