rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: 20q.net & a unicycle

Started by muni_guy · · Last activity · 11 posts · 816 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
15 December 2004
Last activity
17 December 2004
Original author
muni_guy
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
816
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. There is a fun little site (www.20q.net) out there that plays 20
    questions with you based on something you pick. It attempts to tell you
    what you picked based on an AI engine that uses previous peoples answers
    to questions.

    I picked unicycle and it started asking the questions. Apparently not
    many people have picked a unicycle and it was not able to guess what I
    was thinking about. The funny thing is what it spits out at the end (the
    best of which is the 'uncommon knowledge about a unicycle' section which
    the site spits out):

    -
    You were thinking of a unicycle.
    Do you hold it when you use it? You said Sometimes, I say No.
    Is it considered valuable? You said Yes, I say Doubtful.
    Is it mechanical? You said No, I say Yes.
    Does it have a handle? You said Yes, I say No.
    Is it dangerous? You said No, I say Yes.
    Do you clean it regularly? You said Sometimes, I say No.
    Does it make noise? You said Sometimes, I say No.
    Could you send it in the mail? You said Yes, I say No.
    Is it multicolored? You said Sometimes, I say No.
    CONTRADICTIONS DETECTED
    It does not matter if our answers disagree, as over time the game will
    change its answers to reflect common knowledge. If you feel that the
    game is in error, the only way to fix it is to play again.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SIMILAR OBJECTS
    a golf club, a jump rope, a lacrosse stick, a basketball, a football, a
    volleyball, a cricket bat, a fishing rod, a rubber ball, a triangle
    (instrument), a parachute, a bullwhip.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UNCOMMON KNOWLEDGE ABOUT A UNICYCLE
    Is it an abstract concept? I say Probably.
    Does it deal with imagination? I say Probably.
    Does it have lights on it? I say Probably.
    Does it have good vision? I say Probably.
    Does it win races? I say Yes.
    Is it yellow? I say Probably.
    Does it have paws? I say Probably.
    Do you write on it? I say Probably.
    Can you find it in a house? I say No.
    Is it used for hunting? I say Yes.
    Does it belong to a family? I say Probably.
    Can it do tricks? I say Probably.
    Does it photosynthesize? I say Probably.
    Is it used in travel? I say Yes.
    Is it something that you build? I say Probably.
    Is it green or black? I say Yes.
    -

    Have fun,
    Carl

    --
    muni_guy - Carl Hoyer

    http://www.mountainunicycling.com/~choyer
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    muni_guy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/77
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36896

  2. Wow, it's pretty smart AI. Well, at least for guessing that it was a
    unicycle.

    ---------------------------

    Quoted message said:


    20Q won!

    Play Again

    You were thinking of a unicycle.
    Does it get wet? You said Sometimes, I say No.
    Does it have writing on it? You said Sometimes, I say No.
    Is it outside? You said Depends, I say Yes.
    Does it come in a box? You said Sometimes, I say No.
    Is it round? You said Partly, I say No.

    Contradictions Detected
    It does not matter if our answers disagree, as over time the game will
    change its answers to reflect common knowledge. If you feel that the
    game is in error, the only way to fix it is to play again.

    Similar Objects
    a tire, a bicycle, a pair of skis, a mountain bike, a tricycle, a
    sled, a kayak, a crankshaft, a scooter (foot powered), a ski, a wheel,
    a sailboat.

    Uncommon Knowledge about a unicycle
    Are there many different sorts of it? I say No.
    Does it have a long neck? I say Probably.
    Is it made in many different styles? I say Doubtful.
    Does it come in many varieties? I say No.
    Does it bounce? I say Probably.
    Do you write on it? I say Probably.
    Is it white? I say Probably.
    Does it photosynthesize? I say Probably.
    Is it an abstract concept? I say Probably.
    Is it used for hunting? I say Yes.
    Does it have good vision? I say Probably.
    Does it have a hard outer shell? I say No.
    Is it multicolored? I say Doubtful.
    Does it deal with imagination? I say Probably.
    Does it have paws? I say Probably.
    Is it dangerous? I say Yes.

    --
    Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36896

  3. You win, but 20Q did guess it eventually
    Play Again
    You were thinking of a unicycle.
    Is it multicolored? You said Sometimes, I say Doubtful.
    Does it get wet? You said Sometimes, I say No.
    Is it round? You said Yes, I say No.
    Is it a synthetic material? You said No, I say Yes.
    Do you love it? You said Yes, I say No.
    Does a basketball player use it? You said Unknown, I say No.
    Can you find it in a house? You said Sometimes, I say No.
    Is it colorful? You said Sometimes, I say Doubtful.
    Can you use it at school? You said Sometimes, I say No.
    Contradictions Detected
    It does not matter if our answers disagree, as over time the game will
    change its answers to reflect common knowledge. If you feel that the
    game is in error, the only way to fix it is to play again.
    Similar Objects
    soccer, a tricycle, a golf bag (a bag which golfers use to put their
    sticks in), a puppy (dog), a bike, a horse, a bicycle, a mountain bike,
    dancing, a drum, a cowboy, a siberian husky.
    Uncommon Knowledge about a unicycle
    Is it dangerous? I say Yes.
    Are there many different sorts of it? I say No.
    Can it live out of water? I say Doubtful.
    Is it an abstract concept? I say Probably.
    Does it have a long neck? I say Probably.
    Do you write on it? I say Probably.
    Is it made in many different styles? I say Doubtful.
    Does it photosynthesize? I say Probably.
    Does it come in many varieties? I say No.
    Do you use it when it rains? I say Probably.
    Is it something that you build? I say Probably.
    Does it make sound? I say No.
    Is it considered valuable? I say No.
    Does it shine? I say Yes.
    Is it used for hunting? I say Yes.
    Does it make noise? I say No.

    A puppy is SO similar to a unicycle. 🙄

    --
    loosejello
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    loosejello's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8295
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36896

  4. loosejello said:

    *Do you love it? You said Yes, I say No.

    Similar Objects
    dancing, a drum, a cowboy, a siberian husky,a puppy (dog)

    Uncommon Knowledge about a unicycle
    Is it dangerous? I say Yes.

    Is it used for hunting? I say Yes. (!!!)

    A puppy is SO similar to a unicycle. 🙄 *

    --
    fexnix - Level 4 here i come!

    Recycle your Unicycle!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36896

  5. It took it a long time to get mine.

    I AM GUESSING THAT IT IS AN ELBOW?
    Yes!

    29. I guess that it is a toe? No.
    28. Can it change size? No.
    27. Is it used for transportation? Maybe.
    26. Can you play games with it? Doubtful.
    25. Is it smaller than a golf ball? Maybe.
    Can you smell it? Unknown.
    24. I guess that it is a fist? No.
    23. Can it be used for recreation? Yes.
    22. Is it straight? No.
    21. Can it be painted? Yes.
    20. I guess that it is spit (spittle/saliva)? No.
    19. I guess that it is a big toe? No.
    18. Can it fit in an envelope? Yes.
    17. Does it come in pairs? Yes.
    16. Is it hard? Maybe.
    15. Can you hold it? Yes.
    14. Is it man made? Irrelevant.
    13. Is it commonly used? Yes.
    12. Is it smaller than a loaf of bread? Yes.
    11. Does it contain a liquid? Probably.
    10. Can you touch it? Yes.
    9. Does it bring joy to people? No.
    8. Can you make money by selling it? No.
    7. Does it use electricity? No.
    6. Can you buy it at a store? No.
    5. Do you hold it when you use it? No.
    4. Can you control it? Yes.
    3. Is it small? Depends.
    2. Do you use it at work? No.
    1. It is classified as Other.
    ?

    --
    leeman180 - Street Unicyclist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36896

  6. Its gotten everything ive thrown at it eventualy

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    --Kaycee
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36896

  7. muni_guy said:

    There is a fun little site (www.20q.net) out there that plays 20
    questions with you based on something you pick.

    20q.net has been mentioned maybe a year ago in Just Conversation
    before (where it should be rather than in RSU). I can't find it back
    though, mostly because the superior Google Groups search engine
    doesn't cover JC. Maybe someone else has the link to that post. But
    yeah, neat site aye?

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    "Deflating pi does not reduce calories, it just concentrates them. - billham"

  8. That is AMAZING!
    It got everything I thought of on the first go. I though of a unicycle,
    photo, calander and water bottle and it got all of them within 20
    questions!

    --
    munimanpete - a unicycle boy

    *www.muniman.2ya.com* - -freshly updated-

    *www.unicycle.2ya.com*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    munimanpete's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6311
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36896

  9. I'm sorry this might not be the most appropriate but I thought it was
    hillarious

    Uncommon Knowledge about an erection
    Is it originally from the Mediterranian? I say Probably.
    -Is it lumpy? I say Probably. -
    Are there many different sorts of it? I say No.
    Do you know any songs about it? I say Yes.
    Is it worn on the human body? I say Yes.
    Does it come in many varieties? I say No.
    Is it spontaneous? I say Yes.
    -Can you ride on it? I say Yes. -
    Is it usually visible? I say No.
    Is it carbon-based? I say Yes.
    Is it small? I say No.
    Does it perform? I say Yes.
    Does it come in specific sizes? I say Yes.
    Do you clean it regularly? I say Yes.
    -Is it delicious? I say Yes. -
    Is it made of metal? I say No.

    --
    Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

    No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
    odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
    to do it right. H20

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36896

  10. It's getting good at unicycle with all of us trying it.

    --
    pdc - self proclaimed Level 3
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36896

  11. Yeah, it got unicycle on my first try!
    20Q.net
    I am guessing that it is a unicycle?
    Yes , No , Close
    19. Can you put something into it? No.
    18. Does it roll? Yes.
    17. Does it have a cable? No.
    16. Does it have a handle? Sometimes.
    15. Can you sit on it? Yes.
    14. Is it shiny? Sometimes.
    13. Is it straight? No.
    12. Does it weigh more than a duck? Yes.
    11. Does it have writing on it? Sometimes.
    10. Is it multicolored? Sometimes.
    9. Can you use it at school? Rarely.
    8. Does it make noise? No.
    7. Can it be used for recreation? Yes.
    6. Do most people use this daily? No.
    5. Would you use it in the dark? No.
    4. Is it dangerous? Sometimes.
    3. Is it made of metal? Yes.
    2. Do you hold it when you use it? Sometimes.
    1. It is classified as Other.

    --
    tylercox - 11-year-old UniDude!

    "The stupider you are, the cooler you are!"

    -tylercox
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36896

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.