Re: A disappointing week

I tend to edit and proof read in direct proportion to the respect accorded
the person to whom I 'm responding, it it's a matter of a waste of time ya
know. I participate in an academic malinglist where almost all
participants are faculty with degrees up the gazoo and with many years of
research experience. Not one of them adds, either fore or aft, any of the
alphabet to their names. It is in one sense a matter of poor taste and to
do so would suggest that a poster needed it to punch up their standing in
some way and/or lacked something in their image of self or in possible
judgement from others. Andrew did a trivial observation trial and error
thing and made a big point of it as though serious research. The latter
is judged by concensus of what it is in the scientific community and not
his forced self definition of same. All the letters he wants to use, and
never fails to do so in absurdum, does not rescyue him from this reality
but does speak much of his current state. A s said, a more proper reason
for pity then humor upon reflection. It is clear he counts dearly upon
readers in newsgroups not knowing the difference, sorry to bring reality
into the discussion.

On 07 Dec 2004 17:42:47 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

> I tend to edit and proof read in direct proportion to the respect accorded
> the person to whom I 'm responding,

I tend to respond to people who lie about their educational background,
"Dr.", with the length of my post = to the credibility they have rendered.

On 07 Dec 2004 19:38:53 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

> However you choose your friends is your concern.

Same way I choose who to dunbfile.

With discrimination.

Don't sue me for discriminating against you.