rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: A lacing pattern for cycling shoes

Started by brian.slater · · Last activity · 21 posts · 422 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
2 September 2006
Last activity
4 September 2006
Original author
brian.slater
Posts
21
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
422
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 21
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Amazing, I spent more about an hour there.😎

    --
    brian.slater

    Brian C. Slater
    AKA: Snoopy

    Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
    Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference. If you try not
    to confuse me, that will confuse me.

    "To not decide is to decide" - undecided
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  2. well my current unicycling shoes dont even have laces so its not much
    help for me. Interesting that the trick im learning atm is called "lace
    walk" (or backwards wheel walk feet behind frame for the purists)

    --
    nickvb123

    'Latency' (

    ) -
    Freestyle Unicycling
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nickvb123's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5926
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  3. Thats awesome I have trouble with my right shoe sometimes getting ripped
    off, so I tried the lattice pattern and not only does it look cool its
    also tighter without feeling it and it doesn't loosen at all.

    --
    ntappin

    'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ntappin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10800
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  4. Thanks for the info, I'm changing over my shoes now! So far so good.

    --
    UNIquelyCanadian

    ~Cameron
    Totally Revamped: _www.camerondonaldson.com__

    “When someone tells you there is no such thing as truth, they are
    asking you not to believe them. So don’t.”
    - Dr. Roger Scruton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  5. Neat site, Thanks. Looks great for avoiding laces in the cranks, just
    tried it. Maybe I missed something, or my shoe eyelets cause problem,
    but it was hard to tighten the laces so I going back to the
    traditional way, but I will skip the top most inside hole, which puts
    the knot on the outside of the shoe away from the cranks.

    --
    Chrashing

    Regards,
    Ken ... a recreational unicycle enthusiast... Please wear a helmet!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  6. wow that's cool I just redid my laces with that pattern and then my
    laces were still really long and I just fed them underneath the parts
    going through the eyelets it's really cool (YEAH 201 POSTS)

    --
    Ducttape

    *\"YOU'VE LOST A WHEEL!\" \"Don't be daft, where would I put a second
    wheel?\"*

    Spencer Hochberg said:


    So recently I have been having problems with my nipples snapping in
    half.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  7. I always used to just tuck the laces into the front of my shoes. If you
    get 2005 or later 661 duallys they have a sleave on them to hold the
    laces. so I just do that.

    --
    Seager

    'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
    Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
    (http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  8. Thats an awesome idea. I've actually gotten my laces cought in the
    pedals of a bike and fell over..

    --
    The Transporter

    'Myspace' (http://tinyurl.com/zuusy)
    'DeviantART' (http://weaving-wax.deviantart.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Transporter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13220
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  9. Jeez, am I the only person here who (years ago) had the common sense to
    tuck my loops and ends into the cross threads so they wouldn't get
    caught on anything?

    --
    Into the blue

    "Now listen up, you primitive screwheads...See this?...This is my -BOOM-
    stick!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Into the blue's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12084
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  10. The amazing power of the internet!

    Note that the photo of the cycling shoe is wrong because it shows the
    knot on the inside, whereas the text says the outside.

    --
    Mikefule

    "We begin in the madness of carnal desire and the transport of
    voluptuousness; we end in the dissolution of all our parts and the
    musty stench of corpses."
    Arthur Schopenhauer. Philosopher and pessimist.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mikefule's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/879
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  11. Mikefule said:

    The amazing power of the internet!

    Note that the photo of the cycling shoe is wrong because it shows the
    knot on the inside, whereas the text says the outside.

    I applaud you're amazing sense of perception

    --
    Ducttape

    *\"YOU'VE LOST A WHEEL!\" \"Don't be daft, where would I put a second
    wheel?\"*

    Spencer Hochberg said:


    So recently I have been having problems with my nipples snapping in
    half.

    Spencer Hochberg said:

    Hey, I didn't know I was in a sig line!


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  12. Into the blue said:

    Jeez, am I the only person here who (years ago) had the common sense to
    tuck my loops and ends into the cross threads so they wouldn't get
    caught on anything?

    I learned that tip in this forum. From John Childs, I think.

  13. Wow, none of my shoes even have the laces getting in the way, and when
    they did, I just tuck them under the laces that are crossed, or to the
    side.

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  14. Mikefule said:

    The amazing power of the internet!

    Note that the photo of the cycling shoe is wrong because it shows the
    knot on the inside, whereas the text says the outside.

    Note that you need to learn to read.

    --
    AscenXion

    SingleTrak'n for life

    Quoted message said:

    You've shown your true self, AscenXion, and proven that only a narrow
    band of people can exist in your world where you are an intolerant god.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AscenXion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12303
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  15. AscenXion said:

    Note that you need to learn to read.

    Note that you need to learn to be more original, anyway I spent a large
    chunk of time browsing that website.

    --
    Ducttape

    Spencer Hochberg said:

    Hey, I didn't know I was in a sig line!

    sparrowhawk said:

    ive been dreaming for years of the prediction made by the gods written
    on the scrolls of Korteweg that i will be in a signature on a odd
    invention made by man himself.....oh you can dream....you can
    dream🙄


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  16. Great site...
    Lately my daughter has been complaining that her laces were too long
    and I didn't want to cut them to loose the nice ends... I'm now in the
    middle of lacing them up the ladder method which shortens them. 🙂

    --
    Victory

    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ln5ml)
    your restless heart won’t win ‘cause you take but you don’t give
    and you’ll keep moving on until you learn what love is
    ~ sanctus real
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  17. Ducttape said:

    I applaud *you're* amazing sense of perception

    'O RLY?' (http://yourallgay.com/)

    --
    dudewithasock

    'My Unicycling Journal'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44950)
    officially ended.
    😎

    trials_uni said:

    Ha Quebec...Is that place still there?


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  18. i just did it to my shoes and it is awesome

    --
    Ricky W

    *-Lucky8 Unicyclist-*
    Unicycle For Christ
    my unicyclist.com names: lucky_8 and Ricky W
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ricky W's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12663
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  19. haha...I just showed my sister, and she was like "but that doesn't even
    -look- cool..."

    to which I replied, it's not cool, it's -functional-!

    neat page, but maybe having a whole site is a little overkill...

    --
    onelesscar

    mmm...i love my qu-ax...and now my kh 20...

    "Clubbing isn't just for seals anymore..." (On a local dance music
    radio station)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

  20. In the 'unicyclopedia' (http://www.unicyclopedia.org/) is a link to
    interresting AND usefull methods of making the knot.

    ...which happen to come from that same site:
    http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/knots.htm

    --
    leo

    Leo Vandewoestijne
    1 866-UNI-CYCL
    *'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/) (renewed), 'unicycle.biz'
    (http://www.unicycle.biz/) (new), 'unicyclist.org'
    (http://www.unicyclist.org/) & 'uniconnews.com'
    (http://www.uniconnews.com/).*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52800

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.