UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: A new(ish) Cycle Lane

Started by Paul Boyd · · Last activity · 6 posts · 213 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
31 August 2006
Last activity
1 September 2006
Original author
Paul Boyd
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
213
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Bob Downie said the following on 31/08/2006 14:11:

    Quoted message said:

    I have some serious safety concerns regarding the newly implemented
    cycle lanes on Kilmarnock Road in Glasgow, which is on a route I
    frequently use.

    From your description, it sounds as if the cycle lane markings are
    indicating where you should *not* be cycling. Pictures???

    --
    Paul Boyd
    http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

  2. In message <[email hidden]>, Paul
    Boyd <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    Bob Downie said the following on 31/08/2006 14:11:

    Quoted message said:

    I have some serious safety concerns regarding the newly implemented
    cycle lanes on Kilmarnock Road in Glasgow, which is on a route I
    frequently use.

    From your description, it sounds as if the cycle lane markings are
    indicating where you should *not* be cycling. Pictures???


    Give me a day or 2 but I'll do some pictures. Its the usual depressing
    stuff, however, the lane hard up against a row of parked cars.

    You are absolutely correct, however, the lane marking are exactly where
    you shouldn't be.

    Cheers
    --
    Bob Downie
    Downie GeoScience Ltd.
    please remove #n0spam# to reply directly

  3. Bob Downie said:

    Give me a day or 2 but I'll do some pictures. Its the usual depressing
    stuff, however, the lane hard up against a row of parked cars.

    You are absolutely correct, however, the lane marking are exactly where
    you shouldn't be.

    That is so often the case. Is this route unavoidable? Where there is an
    alternative I will usually go considerably out of my way to avoid
    riding on a road with a cycle lane.

    --
    Dave...

  4. In message <[email hidden]>, Paul
    Boyd <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    Bob Downie said the following on 31/08/2006 14:11:

    Quoted message said:

    I have some serious safety concerns regarding the newly implemented
    cycle lanes on Kilmarnock Road in Glasgow, which is on a route I
    frequently use.

    From your description, it sounds as if the cycle lane markings are
    indicating where you should *not* be cycling. Pictures???


    Pictures are here
    http://www.downie-geo.demon.co.uk/Bike/KMRd1.jpg
    http://www.downie-geo.demon.co.uk/Bike/KMRd2.jpg

    Thanks to Calum Macphee for allowing me to use them.
    --
    Bob Downie
    Downie GeoScience Ltd.
    please remove #n0spam# to reply directly

  5. "Bob Downie" <BobMail@downie-geo#n0spam#.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Pictures are here
    http://www.downie-geo.demon.co.uk/Bike/KMRd1.jpg
    http://www.downie-geo.demon.co.uk/Bike/KMRd2.jpg

    Thanks to Calum Macphee for allowing me to use them.

    Potential death trap for cyclists. >:-<

    Submit to Warrington Cycle Campaign's "Cycle Facility of The Month" for
    public naming & shaming!

    http://www.17beechroad.freeserve.co.uk/WarringtonCycleCampaign/facility-of-the-month/

    Cheers, helen s

  6. in message <[email hidden]>, Bob Downie

    ('BobMail@downie-geo#n0spam#.co.uk') said:

    In message <[email hidden]>, Paul
    Boyd <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    Bob Downie said the following on 31/08/2006 14:11:

    Quoted message said:

    I have some serious safety concerns regarding the newly implemented
    cycle lanes on Kilmarnock Road in Glasgow, which is on a route I
    frequently use.

    From your description, it sounds as if the cycle lane markings are
    indicating where you should *not* be cycling. Pictures???


    Pictures are here
    http://www.downie-geo.demon.co.uk/Bike/KMRd1.jpg
    http://www.downie-geo.demon.co.uk/Bike/KMRd2.jpg

    Thanks to Calum Macphee for allowing me to use them.

    What is the actual width of the cycle lane?

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    ;; All in all you're just another nick in the ball
    -- Think Droid

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.