Re: ABC News...

Terryc

Guest
TimC wrote:
> ... completely misunderstands the point.
>
> They take footage of Cadel throwing his bottle aside up the climb (at
> the top of the mountain -- shoulda kept it for an extra 50g weight
> advantage going down!), and says "he's angry with his team and the
> other riders". Eh? Not from any of the soundbites you supplied. Not
> in the post race interview. Dunno where they got that from.

SBS highlights or SBS news had a better bit (?) of him complaining about
having to ride by himeself and having no team members with him.

I suspec that the rest of his team were just as stuffed just getting up
the hill, let along keeping up with Cadel.

Didn't he have a similar dummy spit last year when he had to do a bit of
wind breaking?

On Jul 24, 10:30 pm, Terryc <[email protected]> wrote:
> TimC wrote:
> > ... completely misunderstands the point.

> > They take footage of Cadel throwing his bottle aside up the climb (at
> > the top of the mountain -- shoulda kept it for an extra 50g weight
> > advantage going down!), and says "he's angry with his team and the
> > other riders". Eh? Not from any of the soundbites you supplied. Not
> > in the post race interview. Dunno where they got that from.

> SBS highlights or SBS news had a better bit (?) of him complaining about
> having to ride by himeself and having no team members with him.
>
> I suspec that the rest of his team were just as stuffed just getting up
> the hill, let along keeping up with Cadel.
>
> Didn't he have a similar dummy spit last year when he had to do a bit of
> wind breaking?

That was a dummy spit? You should watch more tennis.

On Jul 24, 10:50 pm, Simon <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 24, 10:30 pm, Terryc <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > TimC wrote:
> > > ... completely misunderstands the point.

> > > They take footage of Cadel throwing his bottle aside up the climb (at
> > > the top of the mountain -- shoulda kept it for an extra 50g weight
> > > advantage going down!), and says "he's angry with his team and the
> > > other riders". Eh? Not from any of the soundbites you supplied. Not
> > > in the post race interview. Dunno where they got that from.

> > SBS highlights or SBS news had a better bit (?) of him complaining about
> > having to ride by himeself and having no team members with him.

> > I suspec that the rest of his team were just as stuffed just getting up
> > the hill, let along keeping up with Cadel.

> > Didn't he have a similar dummy spit last year when he had to do a bit of
> > wind breaking?

> That was a dummy spit? You should watch more tennis.

It wouldn't happen in Australia! (funny McEnroe ad for some stupid
company or product).

On 2007-07-24, Donga (aka Bruce)
> On Jul 24, 10:50 pm, Simon <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Jul 24, 10:30 pm, Terryc <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > I suspec that the rest of his team were just as stuffed just getting up
>> > the hill, let along keeping up with Cadel.

>> > Didn't he have a similar dummy spit last year when he had to do a bit of
>> > wind breaking?

>> That was a dummy spit? You should watch more tennis.

> It wouldn't happen in Australia! (funny McEnroe ad for some stupid
> company or product).

I thought it was Russell Crowe originally. Would have been funnier if
it was Russell Crowe.

--
TimC
Like most computer techie people, I'll happily spend 6 hours trying to figure

On 2007-07-24,

I thought it was Russell Crowe originally. Would have been funnier if
it was Russell Crowe.
Russell Crow playing the bagpipes in a kilt would have been funnier...

"so you played for Collingwood then!!?"

Simon wrote:

> That was a dummy spit? You should watch more tennis.

You should climb more hills. Then you'll understand. {:).

Tennis is boring. Watching worms eat my cabbages leaves it for dead.

On Jul 25, 11:58 am, Terryc <[email protected]> wrote:
> Simon wrote:
> > That was a dummy spit? You should watch more tennis.

> You should climb more hills. Then you'll understand. {:).
>
> Tennis is boring. Watching worms eat my cabbages leaves it for dead.

Try squashing them. Better fun than watching the TDF!

Donga wrote:

> It wouldn't happen in Australia! (funny McEnroe ad for some stupid
> company or product).

1st part; what, definitely not, funny not.

2nd part; spot on. Telstra can not deliver a decent 3g network, so they
try and tell us how much better what they are offering is than
everywhere else by using petulance children.

I notice they are now trying the old "its your phone angle" on the
farmers. Look, this phone works here, so it must be yours.

On 2007-07-25, Terryc (aka Bruce)
> Donga wrote:
>
>> It wouldn't happen in Australia! (funny McEnroe ad for some stupid
>> company or product).

> 1st part; what, definitely not, funny not.
>
> 2nd part; spot on. Telstra can not deliver a decent 3g network, so they
> try and tell us how much better what they are offering is than
> everywhere else by using petulance children.

Well, Telstra management and marketing are petulant children, so it
suits. "Is it ACCC's or our faulte that our infrastructure sucks? No
really? You h4x0rs make me cries!"

> I notice they are now trying the old "its your phone angle" on the
> farmers. Look, this phone works here, so it must be yours.

They forced the 3G upgrade on my parents' company, who by definition
travel over a large portion of this state. My parents said "lookee,
no reception", and they said "but they do work", and parents showed
non working phones. The phone company gave them another 5 phones, and
none of them worked, so they gave a 6th phone, and put enormous
aerials on all of the trucks and cars. They sort of work.

--
TimC
"We must use Tim as a tool, not as a couch." -- J F Kennedy

Donga wrote:

> Try squashing them. Better fun than watching the TDF!

That would be taking pleasure away from the boss.
She just loves that job.