Road Cycling · Public discussion

Re: AMERICAS FUTURE

Started by Paul · · Last activity · 67 posts · 1,322 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
5 December 2004
Last activity
11 December 2004
Original author
Paul
Posts
67
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,322
Views / 30 days
5
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 67
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Rich said:
    Bill Baka said:

    some black guy, drunk as he could get was walking
    down the street with a rooster on his head

    A rooser on his head?

    Bill, this is the kind of made up [censored] that makes everything you say
    totally unbelievable. You don't really expect anyone to believe this
    do you? And for that matter, do you expect anyone to believe ANYTHING
    you post anymore?

    ohhh, i dunno, i believe it when he says he's done LSD.
    --
    david reuteler
    [email hidden]

  2. Rich said:
    Bill Baka said:

    some black guy, drunk as he could get was walking
    down the street with a rooster on his head

    A rooser on his head?

    Bill, this is the kind of made up [censored] that makes everything you say
    totally unbelievable. You don't really expect anyone to believe this
    do you? And for that matter, do you expect anyone to believe ANYTHING
    you post anymore?

    It is fact, it was on the south side of Chicago and the guys he was
    stepping over were the drunks who had passed out in the street. It
    was 1955-1957 somewhere in there were there were still segregated
    nieghborhoods in Chicago. Polish, Italian, Jewish, whatever, it
    happened. The guy was too drunk to carry the bird so he held it on his
    head with one hand on its leg. Do you think I would make up something
    that ridiculous? The South end of Chicago went around the lake and into
    Gary, Indiana and was one big ghetto. The Polish neighborhood (mine)
    was on the north so I rarely got to see such stuff. When I was one
    we bought a house way out in the country so trips into town were rare.
    This one just stuck in my head because it was so weird. Did I mention
    he was also singing, although rather badly? My dad worked for the
    Chicago Tribune and occasionally took me on a field trip with him.
    The guy with the rooster never even got a mention because apparently
    that type of behaviour did not count unless there was an actual crime.
    Besides, I was not bragging about walking around with a rooster on my head.

    Quoted message said:


    Rich

    --
    Bill (?) Baka

  3. David Reuteler said:
    Rich said:
    Bill Baka said:

    some black guy, drunk as he could get was walking
    down the street with a rooster on his head

    A rooser on his head?

    Bill, this is the kind of made up [censored] that makes everything you say
    totally unbelievable. You don't really expect anyone to believe this
    do you? And for that matter, do you expect anyone to believe ANYTHING
    you post anymore?

    ohhh, i dunno, i believe it when he says he's done LSD.

    As I have said before, that was too weird to make up. It was the black
    ghetto of the 1955-1957 era, and I drove my dad nuts asking why that
    guy had a rooster on his head. All I got back was "It's his rooster".

    Too strange to make up.

    --
    Bill (?) Baka

  4. Bill Baka said:
    B i l l S o r n s o n said:
    Bill Baka said:

    ... once, when I
    was about 11 and some black guy, drunk as he could get was walking
    down the street with a rooster on his head and singing while
    stepping over other drunks.

    Your parents were into hallucinogenics, right?

    Bill "explains a lot" S.


    I didn't know what LSD was in 1957, did you?

    What I'm saying, Comprehendo, is that your parents had acid in the abode,
    and you imbibed (directly or in-).
    --
    BS (no, really)

  5. On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:20:08 -0700, Rich <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Bill Baka said:

    some black guy, drunk as he could get was walking
    down the street with a rooster on his head

    A rooser on his head?

    A [censored]-and-bull story.

    --
    "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its
    victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under
    robber-barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber-
    baron's cruelty may at some point be satiated; but those who
    torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they
    do so with the approval of their own conscience."

    - C.S. Lewis

  6. Quoted message said:

    maxo [email hidden]

    wrote in part:

    Quoted message said:


    Ever been to Pilsen in Chicago's south side?

    Just for the record, Pilsen- while south of Madison- is more accurately a Near
    West to West Side neighborhood than a South Side neighborhood.

    Regards,
    Bob Hunt

  7. Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:08:33 GMT,
    <[email hidden]>, maxo

    Quoted message said:
    Bill Baka said:

    I had to say that since I was born white in Chicago and never even know
    what a Mexican was until I was 15 and my parents moved me to California.

    Interesting.

    Ever been to Pilsen in Chicago's south side? Former Czech 'hood, but been
    Mexican for 70 years.

    Thousands of Mexicans just waiting to meet you, too bad you didn't even
    try.

    *sigh*


    Today I rode by both Szechuan and vegetarian Chinese restaurants, two
    Vietnamese restaurants and a Polish delicatessen all in one block.

    I stopped on the way home and bought lemons and samosas from a man in
    a turban. I could have bought Halal meats, Hindu sweets and Philippine
    banana sauce in that neighbourhood too.
    --
    zk

  8. "Bill Baka" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Paul said:

    [email hidden] (Cribsheet) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    AMERICAS FUTURE

    Complete article at: http://vdare.com/guzzardi/041203_salinas.htm

    Report From Occupied America: The Fall Of Salinas

    Salinas is lost.

    Located in California's Central Coastal Valley and known as the Salad
    Bowl to
    the World, Salinas is the state's first casualty of the financial and
    cultural
    consequences of illegal immigration.

    Salinas-on a smaller scale but even more dramatically than Los Angeles,
    San
    Diego or San Francisco- has been overwhelmed. The poor and (occasional)
    farm
    workers from Central America and Mexico came to Salinas in huge numbers
    in
    recent decades. But this time, they never went home.

    Salinas-birthplace of American novelist John Steinbeck and the town
    that hosts
    wranglers from across the country every summer at the 100-year-old
    California
    Rodeo-has been transformed into a place I, a native-born Californian,
    no longer
    recognize.

    Here is a snapshot of Salinas today:

    Paul

    Have you noticed yet that we white folk are now the minority in


    California?

    Quoted message said:

    This country is going to [censored] and all the politicians care about is
    getting the minority vote. I am surrounded by Mexicans, Chinese Hmongs,
    East Indians and more that cannot even communicate in English, much less
    to other minority groups. Anybody who believes this will be a great
    country in 30 years or so has their head way up their ass.
    I had to say that since I was born white in Chicago and never even know
    what a Mexican was until I was 15 and my parents moved me to California.
    Close the damn floodgates on immigration, we are full.
    Also make English mandatory not only in school but at home and in the
    markets.

    Immigration is not a problem, if it's done properly. If someone has a
    marketable skill, is healthy, and is not a criminal, let them in. Illegal
    immigration, however, is not good. If we are living in an age in which we're
    fearful of a "terror" attack, then wouldn't it be a good idea to secure the
    borders? If the coyotes can smuggle in illegal Mexicans, couldn't they do
    the same for a Saudi or Iranian? The problem isn't going to be solved until
    the demand for illegals is addressed. Massive fines and/or jail time for
    those who hire illegals might do the trick. Giving local police the ability
    to arrest illegals on sight might do it, also. As for your language
    issue--the government has no right to mandate which language someone speaks
    at home or on the street. However, all local/state/federal business should
    be done in English, and English should be declared the official language of
    the US. Most other nations have an official language, and we should too.
    I've been to Miami, and there are huge sections of the city in which English
    is a foreign language, and that's wrong.

  9. "Chris B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Chris Phillipo said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    >
    But does that mean we should intentionally commit racial suicide?
    Some people still do believe in keeping thier blood line pure.

    We call them arians.

    You refer to Jewish parents who want their children to marry Jewish as
    'arians'?


    Or Greeks, or Italians.....

  10. "Neil Brooks" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The fact is, I'd like to ensure that these immigrants (who you so


    despicably

    Quoted message said:

    vilify) have proper nutrition, decent medical care, adequate housing, and


    an

    Quoted message said:

    education so that they, too, can become productive (tax paying) members of
    the society into which you and I were fortunate enough to have been born.
    My great-grandparents were immigrants. I don't feel it's my place to


    "raise

    Quoted message said:

    the drawbridge behind me."

    Did your great-grandparents come here legally, through Ellis Island(or
    whatever)? I'm sure they did. The problem is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. If people
    want to come here they must follow the rules. You can't just sneak in.

  11. Zoot Katz said:

    Today I rode by both Szechuan and vegetarian Chinese restaurants, two
    Vietnamese restaurants and a Polish delicatessen all in one block.

    look, zoot, i'm really hungry. we have 2 vietnamese restaurants in town,
    and one good chinese restaurant that has exactly one good vegetarian dish
    (the general's mushrooms.. it is excellent, tho). the polish deli would
    be my boss's wife's pantry (and he's only half polish) and he's also on the
    atkin's diet so no vegetarian anything.

    i *really* miss eastern european food.

    when i lived in minneapolis for a time i was down the block from kramarczuk's.

    http://minneapolis.about.com/library/bl/bl_dsc00845.htm

    and al nye's polonaise room.

    http://www.nyespolonaise.com/
    http://www.planet99.com/minneapolis/restaurants/7033.html

    & amazingly i never did get my fix of polka music, pierogis, potato vodka
    and naugahyde.

    i still occassionally hum que sera sera when i'm drunk.
    --
    david reuteler
    [email hidden]

  12. B i l l S o r n s o n said:
    Bill Baka said:
    B i l l S o r n s o n said:

    Bill Baka wrote:

    > ... once, when I
    > was about 11 and some black guy, drunk as he could get was walking
    > down the street with a rooster on his head and singing while
    > stepping over other drunks.

    Your parents were into hallucinogenics, right?

    Bill "explains a lot" S.


    I didn't know what LSD was in 1957, did you?

    What I'm saying, Comprehendo, is that your parents had acid in the abode,
    and you imbibed (directly or in-).

    What I am saying is that since you appear to be afraid to go into the
    real ghetto areas (which may not exist anymore) you will never know how
    bad it was for the blacks in the 1950s. We were glared at for being white
    and that was the first time I had seen anything like it.

    --
    Bill (?) Baka

  13. On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 00:04:35 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:08:33 GMT,
    <[email hidden]>, maxo

    Quoted message said:
    Bill Baka said:

    I had to say that since I was born white in Chicago and never even know
    what a Mexican was until I was 15 and my parents moved me to
    California.

    Interesting.

    Ever been to Pilsen in Chicago's south side? Former Czech 'hood, but
    been
    Mexican for 70 years.

    Thousands of Mexicans just waiting to meet you, too bad you didn't even
    try.

    *sigh*


    Today I rode by both Szechuan and vegetarian Chinese restaurants, two
    Vietnamese restaurants and a Polish delicatessen all in one block.

    I stopped on the way home and bought lemons and samosas from a man in
    a turban. I could have bought Halal meats, Hindu sweets and Philippine
    banana sauce in that neighbourhood too.

    You can do that now, but not back then.

    --
    Bill (?) Baka

  14. Gooserider said:


    "Bill Baka" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Paul said:

    [email hidden] (Cribsheet) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...
    > AMERICAS FUTURE
    >
    > Complete article at: http://vdare.com/guzzardi/041203_salinas.htm
    >
    > Report From Occupied America: The Fall Of Salinas
    >
    > Salinas is lost.
    >
    > Located in California's Central Coastal Valley and known as the Salad
    > Bowl to
    > the World, Salinas is the state's first casualty of the financial and
    > cultural
    > consequences of illegal immigration.
    >
    > Salinas-on a smaller scale but even more dramatically than Los


    Angeles,

    Quoted message said:

    > San
    > Diego or San Francisco- has been overwhelmed. The poor and


    (occasional)

    Quoted message said:

    > farm
    > workers from Central America and Mexico came to Salinas in huge


    numbers

    Quoted message said:

    > in
    > recent decades. But this time, they never went home.
    >
    > Salinas-birthplace of American novelist John Steinbeck and the town
    > that hosts
    > wranglers from across the country every summer at the 100-year-old
    > California
    > Rodeo-has been transformed into a place I, a native-born Californian,
    > no longer
    > recognize.
    >
    > Here is a snapshot of Salinas today:

    Paul

    Have you noticed yet that we white folk are now the minority in


    California?

    Quoted message said:

    This country is going to [censored] and all the politicians care about is
    getting the minority vote. I am surrounded by Mexicans, Chinese Hmongs,
    East Indians and more that cannot even communicate in English, much less
    to other minority groups. Anybody who believes this will be a great
    country in 30 years or so has their head way up their ass.
    I had to say that since I was born white in Chicago and never even know
    what a Mexican was until I was 15 and my parents moved me to California.
    Close the damn floodgates on immigration, we are full.
    Also make English mandatory not only in school but at home and in the
    markets.

    Immigration is not a problem, if it's done properly. If someone has a
    marketable skill, is healthy, and is not a criminal, let them in. Illegal
    immigration, however, is not good. If we are living in an age in which
    we're
    fearful of a "terror" attack, then wouldn't it be a good idea to secure
    the
    borders? If the coyotes can smuggle in illegal Mexicans, couldn't they do
    the same for a Saudi or Iranian? The problem isn't going to be solved
    until
    the demand for illegals is addressed. Massive fines and/or jail time for
    those who hire illegals might do the trick. Giving local police the
    ability
    to arrest illegals on sight might do it, also. As for your language
    issue--the government has no right to mandate which language someone
    speaks
    at home or on the street. However, all local/state/federal business
    should
    be done in English, and English should be declared the official language
    of
    the US. Most other nations have an official language, and we should too.
    I've been to Miami, and there are huge sections of the city in which
    English
    is a foreign language, and that's wrong.


    I am hardly worried about a Mexican terror attack, just a country divided
    by too many languages. It is hard to ask about something when neither
    speaks the language of the other. We have a girl here who makes a living
    pushing a hand cart food wagon, and I usually buy something from her.
    We do have a language barrier English/Spanish. Mostly we communicate
    with hand gestures, and she laughs when I try to say "Muchos Gracias.".
    We also have East Indians and chinese hmongs and I have no clue how to
    communicate.

    --
    Bill (?) Baka

  15. Gooserider said:


    "Neil Brooks" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The fact is, I'd like to ensure that these immigrants (who you so


    despicably

    Quoted message said:

    vilify) have proper nutrition, decent medical care, adequate housing,
    and


    an

    Quoted message said:

    education so that they, too, can become productive (tax paying) members
    of
    the society into which you and I were fortunate enough to have been
    born.
    My great-grandparents were immigrants. I don't feel it's my place to


    "raise

    Quoted message said:

    the drawbridge behind me."

    Did your great-grandparents come here legally, through Ellis Island(or
    whatever)? I'm sure they did. The problem is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. If
    people
    want to come here they must follow the rules. You can't just sneak in.


    My fathers parents did in fact come here that way and promptly learned
    Engish then the other stuff to be sworn in (I don't know 100%) as
    citizens. My mothers parents were already here so I don't know, can't
    find out.

    --
    Bill (?) Baka

  16. Bill Baka said:
    B i l l S o r n s o n said:
    Bill Baka said:

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:55:33 GMT, B i l l S o r n s o n
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > Bill Baka wrote:
    >
    >> ... once, when I
    >> was about 11 and some black guy, drunk as he could get was walking
    >> down the street with a rooster on his head and singing while
    >> stepping over other drunks.
    >
    > Your parents were into hallucinogenics, right?
    >
    > Bill "explains a lot" S.
    >
    >
    I didn't know what LSD was in 1957, did you?

    What I'm saying, Comprehendo, is that your parents had acid in the
    abode, and you imbibed (directly or in-).

    What I am saying is that since you appear to be afraid to go into the
    real ghetto areas (which may not exist anymore) you will never know
    how bad it was for the blacks in the 1950s. We were glared at for
    being white and that was the first time I had seen anything like it.

    This discussion flows like one of your infamous wrong-way rides on a purple
    girl's bike, Bill! Careening out of control and impossible to predict...

    Bill "oh, and it's the BIKE that's purple; not the girl" S.

  17. B i l l S o r n s o n said:
    Bill Baka said:
    B i l l S o r n s o n said:

    Bill Baka wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:55:33 GMT, B i l l S o r n s o n
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> Bill Baka wrote:
    >>
    >>> ... once, when I
    >>> was about 11 and some black guy, drunk as he could get was walking
    >>> down the street with a rooster on his head and singing while
    >>> stepping over other drunks.
    >>
    >> Your parents were into hallucinogenics, right?
    >>
    >> Bill "explains a lot" S.
    >>
    >>
    > I didn't know what LSD was in 1957, did you?

    What I'm saying, Comprehendo, is that your parents had acid in the
    abode, and you imbibed (directly or in-).

    What I am saying is that since you appear to be afraid to go into the
    real ghetto areas (which may not exist anymore) you will never know
    how bad it was for the blacks in the 1950s. We were glared at for
    being white and that was the first time I had seen anything like it.

    This discussion flows like one of your infamous wrong-way rides on a
    purple
    girl's bike, Bill! Careening out of control and impossible to predict...

    Bill "oh, and it's the BIKE that's purple; not the girl" S.


    I have found that anything I say is going to get beat on, but it sure
    keeps things going. There may be some baiting on my part, but never
    anything outright making up tales. I have done some stuff that should
    have killed me but didn't so you have me on here.

    --
    Bill (?) Baka

  18. "Bill Baka" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:21:19 GMT, Gooserider <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:


    "Neil Brooks" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The fact is, I'd like to ensure that these immigrants (who you so


    despicably

    Quoted message said:

    vilify) have proper nutrition, decent medical care, adequate housing,
    and


    an

    Quoted message said:

    education so that they, too, can become productive (tax paying) members
    of
    the society into which you and I were fortunate enough to have been
    born.
    My great-grandparents were immigrants. I don't feel it's my place to


    "raise

    Quoted message said:

    the drawbridge behind me."

    Did your great-grandparents come here legally, through Ellis Island(or
    whatever)? I'm sure they did. The problem is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. If
    people
    want to come here they must follow the rules. You can't just sneak in.


    My fathers parents did in fact come here that way and promptly learned
    Engish then the other stuff to be sworn in (I don't know 100%) as
    citizens. My mothers parents were already here so I don't know, can't
    find out.

    My response was to Neil, who is unable to see the difference between legal
    immigration and illegal invasion.

  19. "Bill Baka" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:12:08 GMT, Gooserider <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:


    "Bill Baka" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On 5 Dec 2004 03:34:34 -0800, Paul <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > [email hidden] (Cribsheet) wrote in message
    > news:<[email hidden]>...
    >> AMERICAS FUTURE
    >>
    >> Complete article at: http://vdare.com/guzzardi/041203_salinas.htm
    >>
    >> Report From Occupied America: The Fall Of Salinas
    >>
    >> Salinas is lost.
    >>
    >> Located in California's Central Coastal Valley and known as the


    Salad

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> Bowl to
    >> the World, Salinas is the state's first casualty of the financial


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> cultural
    >> consequences of illegal immigration.
    >>
    >> Salinas-on a smaller scale but even more dramatically than Los
    Angeles,
    >> San
    >> Diego or San Francisco- has been overwhelmed. The poor and
    (occasional)
    >> farm
    >> workers from Central America and Mexico came to Salinas in huge
    numbers
    >> in
    >> recent decades. But this time, they never went home.
    >>
    >> Salinas-birthplace of American novelist John Steinbeck and the town
    >> that hosts
    >> wranglers from across the country every summer at the 100-year-old
    >> California
    >> Rodeo-has been transformed into a place I, a native-born


    Californian,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> no longer
    >> recognize.
    >>
    >> Here is a snapshot of Salinas today:
    >
    > Paul

    Have you noticed yet that we white folk are now the minority in


    California?

    Quoted message said:

    This country is going to [censored] and all the politicians care about is
    getting the minority vote. I am surrounded by Mexicans, Chinese Hmongs,
    East Indians and more that cannot even communicate in English, much


    less

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to other minority groups. Anybody who believes this will be a great
    country in 30 years or so has their head way up their ass.
    I had to say that since I was born white in Chicago and never even know
    what a Mexican was until I was 15 and my parents moved me to


    California.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Close the damn floodgates on immigration, we are full.
    Also make English mandatory not only in school but at home and in the
    markets.

    Immigration is not a problem, if it's done properly. If someone has a
    marketable skill, is healthy, and is not a criminal, let them in.


    Illegal

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    immigration, however, is not good. If we are living in an age in which
    we're
    fearful of a "terror" attack, then wouldn't it be a good idea to secure
    the
    borders? If the coyotes can smuggle in illegal Mexicans, couldn't they


    do

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the same for a Saudi or Iranian? The problem isn't going to be solved
    until
    the demand for illegals is addressed. Massive fines and/or jail time for
    those who hire illegals might do the trick. Giving local police the
    ability
    to arrest illegals on sight might do it, also. As for your language
    issue--the government has no right to mandate which language someone
    speaks
    at home or on the street. However, all local/state/federal business
    should
    be done in English, and English should be declared the official language
    of
    the US. Most other nations have an official language, and we should too.
    I've been to Miami, and there are huge sections of the city in which
    English
    is a foreign language, and that's wrong.


    I am hardly worried about a Mexican terror attack, just a country divided
    by too many languages.

    I'm trying to agree with you, Bill. There is NO chance of a Mexican terror
    attack, but couldn't terrorists enter the country in the same manner as
    illegal Mexicans?

    It is hard to ask about something when neither

    Quoted message said:

    speaks the language of the other. We have a girl here who makes a living
    pushing a hand cart food wagon, and I usually buy something from her.
    We do have a language barrier English/Spanish. Mostly we communicate
    with hand gestures, and she laughs when I try to say "Muchos Gracias.".
    We also have East Indians and chinese hmongs and I have no clue how to
    communicate.


    Hence the need for an official language. If all business is done in English
    then people will have to learn English. Illegals should be deported, the
    border should(must) be secured, and employers who hire illegals should be
    punished. Hiring these people because they will work for a poverty wage is
    immoral and unpatriotic. I do not buy the propaganda that America cannot
    survive without illegal labor. There are more than enough people to do the
    work, if the wage is decent.

  20. Gooserider said:


    "Bill Baka" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:21:19 GMT, Gooserider <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:


    "Neil Brooks" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > The fact is, I'd like to ensure that these immigrants (who you so
    despicably
    > vilify) have proper nutrition, decent medical care, adequate housing,
    > and
    an
    > education so that they, too, can become productive (tax paying)


    members

    Quoted message said:

    > of
    > the society into which you and I were fortunate enough to have been
    > born.
    > My great-grandparents were immigrants. I don't feel it's my place to
    "raise
    > the drawbridge behind me."

    Did your great-grandparents come here legally, through Ellis Island(or
    whatever)? I'm sure they did. The problem is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. If
    people
    want to come here they must follow the rules. You can't just sneak in.


    My fathers parents did in fact come here that way and promptly learned
    Engish then the other stuff to be sworn in (I don't know 100%) as
    citizens. My mothers parents were already here so I don't know, can't
    find out.

    My response was to Neil, who is unable to see the difference between
    legal
    immigration and illegal invasion.


    Sorry for butting in.

    --
    Bill (?) Baka

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.