Ewoud Dronkert wrote: > Or indeed like Thomas Dekker, I mean Colonel Decker: Ewoud: an A-Team reference?
Yep. Taa-ta-ta-taaa, ta-taa-taaa.
Oh Ewoud. And I thought you were so cultured!
"Cultured" is a relative thing. Back when I was a boy in the Appalachians, "cultured" meant that the broken cars in your front yard were up on jack stands instead of cinder blocks.
In article <[email hidden]>, Ewoud Dronkert <[email hidden]> wrote:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Ryan Cousineau wrote: > Ewoud Dronkert wrote: >> Or indeed like Thomas Dekker, I mean Colonel Decker: > Ewoud: an A-Team reference? Yep. Taa-ta-ta-taaa, ta-taa-taaa.
Quoted message said:
Oh Ewoud. And I thought you were so cultured!
"Cultured" is a relative thing. Back when I was a boy in the Appalachians, "cultured" meant that the broken cars in your front yard were up on jack stands instead of cinder blocks.
"Cultured" as used, is a crock of [censored]. It's used to mean literature, classical music, opera, etc...All elitist BS to make themselves feel superior. The family in the Appalachians that can grow a garden, fish and hunt to supplement that, fix a tractor or car, build a house, etc... are just as educated and cultured just in a different way. Bluegrass music is a great example. Bill C
In article <[email hidden]>, Ewoud Dronkert <[email hidden]> wrote:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
> Ryan Cousineau wrote: >> Ewoud Dronkert wrote: >>> Or indeed like Thomas Dekker, I mean Colonel Decker: >> Ewoud: an A-Team reference? > Yep. Taa-ta-ta-taaa, ta-taa-taaa.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Oh Ewoud. And I thought you were so cultured!
Quoted message said:
"Cultured" is a relative thing. Back when I was a boy in the Appalachians, "cultured" meant that the broken cars in your front yard were up on jack stands instead of cinder blocks.
"Cultured" as used, is a crock of [censored]. It's used to mean literature, classical music, opera, etc...All elitist BS to make themselves feel superior. The family in the Appalachians that can grow a garden, fish and hunt to supplement that, fix a tractor or car, build a house, etc... are just as educated and cultured just in a different way. Bluegrass music is a great example. Bill C- Hide quoted text -
- Show quoted text -
Before the attacks start I love all of the "elitist" stuff, know a lot of the other stuff, but don't put people down based on it. Car on blocks might mean a lot of things ranging from not enough money currently to make the repair, to collectible, or emotional attachment. Jack of all trades, Master of none. There are VERY few Masters at anything. Bill C
Any culture that lets you window shop for poontang, worships beer, doesn't explode if someone smokes pot, outlawed fat people (and this despite patat friet met mayonnaise), and is intent on breeding tall hot women obviously has a leg up, or at least a leg over, most cultures.
I don't think anyone can mock the Germans for that David Hasselhoff thing now.
I need to know only one thing to determine my attitude towards the Nederlands:
What is their position on running cyclocross races through beer tents?
-- Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/ "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos
"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Ryan Cousineau said:
I need to know only one thing to determine my attitude towards the [Nederlanders]:
What is their position on running cyclocross races through beer tents?
Everyone loves it, except Richard Groenendaal who hates it when Belgians throw beer at him.
Does that make him the cyclocross equivalent of Jeff Gordon?
I don't know: how hot is his new wife, and how much traditionalist CXer butt is he kicking this year?
-- Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/ "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos
I need to know only one thing to determine my attitude towards the [Nederlanders]:
What is their position on running cyclocross races through beer tents?
Everyone loves it, except Richard Groenendaal who hates it when Belgians throw beer at him.
I want to marry you for the green card (or Dutch equivalent).
I'm already married to a woman, but that would still be legal in the Netherlands, right?
-- Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/ "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos
"Ryan Cousineau" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
In article <[email hidden]>,
Carl Sundquist said:
"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Ryan Cousineau wrote: > I need to know only one thing to determine my attitude towards the > [Nederlanders]: > > What is their position on running cyclocross races through beer tents?
Everyone loves it, except Richard Groenendaal who hates it when Belgians throw beer at him.
Does that make him the cyclocross equivalent of Jeff Gordon?
I don't know: how hot is his new wife, and how much traditionalist CXer butt is he kicking this year?
Here's half of your answer: Gordon's wife is a Belgian model.
"Ryan Cousineau" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
I'm already married to a woman, but that would still be legal in the Netherlands, right?
Is there anything that's against the law in the Netherlands?
Being Hayan Hirsi Ali.
-- Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/ "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos
In article <[email hidden]>, Ewoud Dronkert <[email hidden]> wrote:
Quoted message said:
> Ryan Cousineau wrote: >> Ewoud Dronkert wrote: >>> Or indeed like Thomas Dekker, I mean Colonel Decker: >> Ewoud: an A-Team reference? > Yep. Taa-ta-ta-taaa, ta-taa-taaa.
Quoted message said:
Oh Ewoud. And I thought you were so cultured!
"Cultured" is a relative thing. Back when I was a boy in the Appalachians, "cultured" meant that the broken cars in your front yard were up on jack stands instead of cinder blocks.
"Cultured" as used, is a crock of [censored]. It's used to mean literature, classical music, opera, etc...All elitist BS to make themselves feel superior. The family in the Appalachians that can grow a garden, fish and hunt to supplement that, fix a tractor or car, build a house, etc... are just as educated and cultured just in a different way. Bluegrass music is a great example.
Bluegrass Music is just Techno without electricity.
Her albums before Union Station tended to sound the same, song after song. What makes her albums work is the variety now available with the talent of Union Station. Much better stuff as a package.
OTOH, all that said, they still aren't in the best ten Bluegrass bands. OTOOH, those that are don't have anyone near as good looking.
Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...