rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: best saddle for freestyle??? what do you use?

Started by maximus unius · · Last activity · 13 posts · 236 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
10 December 2006
Last activity
10 December 2006
Original author
maximus unius
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
236
Views / 30 days
6
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Yeah your right. Anyway, how is the stock cover held on?

    --
    maximus unius

    Quoted message said:

    Originally Posted by *Beener*
    Is ISIS, ISIS, is ISIS not ISIS, is KOXX ISIS really ISIS, is Kris Holm
    ISIS more ISIS than KOXX ISIS, ISISISISISIS!


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  2. its held on by clips. it's coming off in alot of places too. the clips
    aren't that strong.

    --
    gordito8me
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  3. You could get the $25 gemcrest vinyl cover that I had in one of my above
    links, that is held on with a drawstring.

    --
    maximus unius

    Quoted message said:

    Originally Posted by *Beener*
    Is ISIS, ISIS, is ISIS not ISIS, is KOXX ISIS really ISIS, is Kris Holm
    ISIS more ISIS than KOXX ISIS, ISISISISISIS!


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  4. that would have been useful a few days ago, my lx saddle litterally
    broke in half.

    --
    gordito8me
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  5. I use my DX seat.

    I think I might chop the foam down a bit, but I can't do that till I
    find my staple gun.

    --
    Borgschulze

    Torker DX!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Borgschulze's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13501
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  6. i like the koxx seats..

    --
    kris.lee
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kris.lee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12579
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  7. well with an lx only myata or LX seats will fit so u'll need a new
    seatpost if you go for a velo type saddle (KH, Velo, koxx-one, united,
    viscount...)

    If you dont like the Myata then either repair ur LX or get a KH street
    or a koxx-one, i love koxx-one street/trial saddles too..... but u'll
    need a new seatpost. NBut those arent exactly very expensive...

    --
    brendan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  8. im going to get a new saddle soon too, mainly b/c i dont like how bulky
    the DX one is and i don't want to cut it down. i wanted to get a koxx
    saddle and the only ones that renegade juggling has are the original
    ones in red and grey. i wanted to know how thick they are. like a
    trials seat or similar to the new kh street seat or if there is any
    place i could get an dorange bud seat. will they even fit on the DX
    seatpost?

    --
    NordicUni420

    in lak'ech, i am another yourself.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NordicUni420's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12060
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  9. Anybody know what the difference is between Torker LX and Miyata
    saddles? They look like the same thing.

    All my Freestyle was done with Miyata saddles, but they have changed
    over the years and today I think I'd go with a low-profile KH with no
    front handle.

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com
    -----------------------------------------------

    "Ppl are being killed out there from gang on gang vilence... and all my
    bad spelling mistakes... " -- Dumpweed, on keeping things in
    perspective
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  10. johnfoss said:

    Anybody know what the difference is between Torker LX and Miyata
    saddles? They look like the same thing.

    All my Freestyle was done with Miyata saddles, but they have changed
    over the years and today I think I'd go with a low-profile KH with no
    front handle.

    Exactly zero difference. LX is a miyata copy as far as i'm concerned.
    Seen them side by side and examined thoroughly. The LX seat says
    "Torker" on the back and its a different colour :P

    I'd usually recommend LX/Miyata seat for freestyle as I like to have a
    handle and the KH handle is too big. Plus the Miyata style is nice to
    hold/ride/spin imho

    --
    muzzle

    my videos: 'muzzle!videos' (http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3)
    http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3
    my website: '!muzzle!' (http://www.muzzle.co.nr)
    http://www.muzzle.co.nr
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  11. My current preference is the Nimbus gel seat. It's very flat and the
    cover material makes it get out the seat for seat out tricks.

    --
    dinmamma
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dinmamma's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9995
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  12. I emailed the guy at renegade juggling and he said that they also have
    the blueberry and white widdow saddles so I'm buying a white widdow.

    --
    gordito8me
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

  13. gordito8me said:

    I emailed the guy at renegade juggling and he said that they also have
    the blueberry and white widdow saddles so I'm buying a white widdow.

    really!? that's awesome, i'm totally getting the blueberry

    --
    NordicUni420

    in lak'ech, i am another yourself.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NordicUni420's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12060
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55558

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.