Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: Bill Baka -- Selected Quotes from a Genius

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 24 posts · 1,638 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
23 May 2007
Last activity
26 May 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
24
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,638
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 24
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On May 22, 9:05 pm, R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:

    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+

    [snip]

    Dear RJ,

    Ignoring the rest, overpowered motorcycles really can do ridiculous
    things . . .

    http://www.videovat.com/videos/485/motorcycle-wheelie.aspx

    http://www.superstreetbike.com/stuntcompetitions/030_0312_freestyle_stuntlife_shootout/photo_13.html

    And this is just a damned motor scooter:

    http://www.scootersales.com.au/Forums/ViewtheForums/tabid/4039/view/topic/postid/9145/forumid/22/tpage/1/Default.aspx

    High-speed wheelies are actually easier than low-speed wheelies (as
    long as you get past sheer terror):

    "Since the introduction of the GSX-R750, many motorcycle enthusiasts
    have learned that a threshold phenomenon exists with high power and
    low weight sportbikes. Wind resistance becomes quite large at freeway
    speeds, and any motorcycle able to lift the front tire in the air at
    65mph and above can maintain the wheelie for miles without the use of
    a rear brake or any advanced skills."

    [Yeah, right, no advanced skills needed--that's why they keep selling
    anti-tipover bars to novices.]

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheelie#Motorcycle_wheelie

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

  2. Quoted message said:

    On May 22, 9:05 pm, R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:

    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+

    [snip]

    Dear RJ,

    Ignoring the rest, overpowered motorcycles really can do ridiculous
    things . . .

    http://www.videovat.com/videos/485/motorcycle-wheelie.aspx

    http://www.superstreetbike.com/stuntcompetitions/030_0312_freestyle_stuntlife_shootout/photo_13.html

    And this is just a damned motor scooter:

    http://www.scootersales.com.au/Forums/ViewtheForums/tabid/4039/view/topic/postid/9145/forumid/22/tpage/1/Default.aspx

    High-speed wheelies are actually easier than low-speed wheelies (as
    long as you get past sheer terror):

    Carl,
    I can attest to that even at 35 MPH (initially) doing a 180 degree
    uphill loop around a park. A big and very mean, nasty dog had decided to
    run across the park and take a sample of our legs, me and girlfriend.
    I gave it gas and with her on the back we did a balancing act for the
    entire 180 degrees of the turn at about 40 MPH. It wasn't that fast, but
    fear for my girlfriend and my leg made that wheelie really memorable.
    I don't know if that's supposed to be possible, but I did it, maybe just
    before video cameras were all over.

    Quoted message said:


    "Since the introduction of the GSX-R750, many motorcycle enthusiasts
    have learned that a threshold phenomenon exists with high power and
    low weight sportbikes. Wind resistance becomes quite large at freeway
    speeds, and any motorcycle able to lift the front tire in the air at
    65mph and above can maintain the wheelie for miles without the use of
    a rear brake or any advanced skills."

    [Yeah, right, no advanced skills needed--that's why they keep selling
    anti-tipover bars to novices.]

    One more I can agree on. A wheelie at low speed is easy in first gear.
    A wheelie at 65 MPH and maybe with a female friend on the back is a lot
    harder to do, so it only got done a few times. Mad girlfriend, too.

    Quoted message said:


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheelie#Motorcycle_wheelie

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel


    Happy 2 wheel riding,
    Bill Baka

  3. In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:

    On May 22, 9:05 pm, R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:

    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+

    [snip]

    Dear RJ,

    Ignoring the rest, overpowered motorcycles really can do ridiculous
    things . . .

    http://www.videovat.com/videos/485/motorcycle-wheelie.aspx

    http://www.superstreetbike.com/stuntcompetitions/030_0312_freestyle_stuntlife_shootout/photo_13.html

    And this is just a damned motor scooter:

    http://www.scootersales.com.au/Forums/ViewtheForums/tabid/4039/view/topic/postid/9145/forumid/22/tpage/1/Default.aspx

    High-speed wheelies are actually easier than low-speed wheelies (as
    long as you get past sheer terror):

    "Since the introduction of the GSX-R750, many motorcycle enthusiasts
    have learned that a threshold phenomenon exists with high power and
    low weight sportbikes. Wind resistance becomes quite large at freeway
    speeds, and any motorcycle able to lift the front tire in the air at
    65mph and above can maintain the wheelie for miles without the use of
    a rear brake or any advanced skills."

    I expect the high wind force to power a positive
    feedback loop and blow the motorcycle all the way over,
    the way hydroplane boats go skittering end over end
    like a paper plate once the wind gets underneath. How
    does a rider maintain control?

    Quoted message said:


    [Yeah, right, no advanced skills needed--that's why they keep selling
    anti-tipover bars to novices.]

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheelie#Motorcycle_wheelie

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

    --
    Michael Press

  4. Michael Press said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:

    On May 22, 9:05 pm, R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:

    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+


    [snip]

    Dear RJ,

    Ignoring the rest, overpowered motorcycles really can do ridiculous
    things . . .

    http://www.videovat.com/videos/485/motorcycle-wheelie.aspx

    http://www.superstreetbike.com/stuntcompetitions/030_0312_freestyle_stuntlife_shootout/photo_13.html

    And this is just a damned motor scooter:

    http://www.scootersales.com.au/Forums/ViewtheForums/tabid/4039/view/topic/postid/9145/forumid/22/tpage/1/Default.aspx

    High-speed wheelies are actually easier than low-speed wheelies (as
    long as you get past sheer terror):

    That part is right on the money. Passing at 65 was a little hairy, and
    carrying the front wheel about a foot off the ground at 125+ was a
    little un-nerving, but something to talk about when me and passenger got
    back to the party.
    Wheelies from a stop light were sometimes unintentional due to the 2
    stroke power curve and the bikes' tendency to wheelie anyway. One friend
    tried to lean over the handlebars and pop the clutch to burn rubber and
    it took him up. Even though it was my bike we all had tears in our eyes
    from watching him hanging from the now vertical bike and dancing along
    to try to keep up. He finally let the bike go and it landed with no
    damage, except his macho ego was blown all to hell and back.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    "Since the introduction of the GSX-R750, many motorcycle enthusiasts
    have learned that a threshold phenomenon exists with high power and
    low weight sportbikes. Wind resistance becomes quite large at freeway
    speeds, and any motorcycle able to lift the front tire in the air at
    65mph and above can maintain the wheelie for miles without the use of
    a rear brake or any advanced skills."

    I expect the high wind force to power a positive
    feedback loop and blow the motorcycle all the way over,
    the way hydroplane boats go skittering end over end
    like a paper plate once the wind gets underneath. How
    does a rider maintain control?

    Luck, skill, and more luck.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    [Yeah, right, no advanced skills needed--that's why they keep selling
    anti-tipover bars to novices.]

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheelie#Motorcycle_wheelie

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel



    I have only seen anti-wheelie bars on drag bikes like mine that were
    doing high 9 seconds and 135-140 MPH quarter miles.
    It would be too embarrassing at my level to ask for 'training' wheels.
    Bill Baka

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Michael Press said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:

    On May 22, 9:05 pm, R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:

    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+

    [snip]

    Dear RJ,

    Ignoring the rest, overpowered motorcycles really can do ridiculous
    things . . .

    http://www.videovat.com/videos/485/motorcycle-wheelie.aspx

    http://www.superstreetbike.com/stuntcompetitions/030_0312_freestyle_stuntlif
    e_shootout/photo_13.html

    And this is just a damned motor scooter:

    http://www.scootersales.com.au/Forums/ViewtheForums/tabid/4039/view/topic/po
    stid/9145/forumid/22/tpage/1/Default.aspx

    High-speed wheelies are actually easier than low-speed wheelies (as
    long as you get past sheer terror):

    "Since the introduction of the GSX-R750, many motorcycle enthusiasts
    have learned that a threshold phenomenon exists with high power and
    low weight sportbikes. Wind resistance becomes quite large at freeway
    speeds, and any motorcycle able to lift the front tire in the air at
    65mph and above can maintain the wheelie for miles without the use of
    a rear brake or any advanced skills."

    I expect the high wind force to power a positive
    feedback loop and blow the motorcycle all the way over,
    the way hydroplane boats go skittering end over end
    like a paper plate once the wind gets underneath. How
    does a rider maintain control?

    Well, there's a balance, but it's probably lower than you think.
    Motorcycles are not hydroplanes, aerodynamically speaking.

    Mr. V. Rossi demonstrates the possibility of a very high-speed wheelie:

    I propose that physics assumptions should follow the emperical evidence.

    Also, I was actually looking for a fairly famous clip wherein Rossi (or
    some other GP champ?) does a highly epic post-race wheelie in which the
    rider almost but not quite rolls the bike over backwards.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/
    "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
    to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos

  6. Ryan Cousineau said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Michael Press said:

    I expect the high wind force to power a positive
    feedback loop and blow the motorcycle all the way over,
    the way hydroplane boats go skittering end over end
    like a paper plate once the wind gets underneath. How
    does a rider maintain control?

    Very carefully over 100 MPH. Sitting upright at about 150 will blow you
    back so hard that your death grip on the handlebars can pull the bike
    up. I tried it once, stupidly, I admit, and could turn the front wheel
    with no effect on the direction of the bike. Once I got my head back
    between the tach and speedometer I got steering back.

    Quoted message said:


    Well, there's a balance, but it's probably lower than you think.
    Motorcycles are not hydroplanes, aerodynamically speaking.

    Mr. V. Rossi demonstrates the possibility of a very high-speed wheelie:

    I propose that physics assumptions should follow the emperical evidence.

    Also, I was actually looking for a fairly famous clip wherein Rossi (or
    some other GP champ?) does a highly epic post-race wheelie in which the
    rider almost but not quite rolls the bike over backwards.


    If he got the front wheel more than a foot off the ground at any speed
    over 150 he would have had to lock the rear brake to get back down.
    There are limits to balance bravery, showmanship, and Physics.
    Going down at that speed on a paved track would almost certainly mean
    painful road rash even through a race suit.
    You can't beat Physics.
    Bill Baka

  7. "Ryan Cousineau" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Well, there's a balance, but it's probably lower than you think.
    Motorcycles are not hydroplanes, aerodynamically speaking.

    Mr. V. Rossi demonstrates the possibility of a very high-speed wheelie:

    I propose that physics assumptions should follow the emperical evidence.

    Also, I was actually looking for a fairly famous clip wherein Rossi (or
    some other GP champ?) does a highly epic post-race wheelie in which the
    rider almost but not quite rolls the bike over backwards.

    You're thinking of Biaggi after his '98 win at Brno.

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bill said:
    Ryan Cousineau said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Michael Press said:

    I expect the high wind force to power a positive
    feedback loop and blow the motorcycle all the way over,
    the way hydroplane boats go skittering end over end
    like a paper plate once the wind gets underneath. How
    does a rider maintain control?

    Very carefully over 100 MPH. Sitting upright at about 150 will blow you
    back so hard that your death grip on the handlebars can pull the bike
    up. I tried it once, stupidly, I admit, and could turn the front wheel
    with no effect on the direction of the bike. Once I got my head back
    between the tach and speedometer I got steering back.

    Quoted message said:


    Well, there's a balance, but it's probably lower than you think.
    Motorcycles are not hydroplanes, aerodynamically speaking.

    Mr. V. Rossi demonstrates the possibility of a very high-speed wheelie:

    I propose that physics assumptions should follow the emperical evidence.

    Also, I was actually looking for a fairly famous clip wherein Rossi (or
    some other GP champ?) does a highly epic post-race wheelie in which the
    rider almost but not quite rolls the bike over backwards.


    If he got the front wheel more than a foot off the ground at any speed
    over 150 he would have had to lock the rear brake to get back down.
    There are limits to balance bravery, showmanship, and Physics.
    Going down at that speed on a paved track would almost certainly mean
    painful road rash even through a race suit.
    You can't beat Physics.

    Mr. Sundquist found the clip I was thinking of. It was Max Biaggi, the
    second-craziest Italian motorcycle racer of the end of the GP500 era:

    He's not going particularly fast (surely less than 100 mph), but he sure
    does test the limits of how high a bike's nose can be and not be on its
    way to a location somewhere behind the rear wheel. I do not commend it
    to any other rider to attempt to find a further point.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/
    "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
    to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos

  9. Ryan Cousineau said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bill said:
    Ryan Cousineau said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Michael Press <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > I expect the high wind force to power a positive
    > feedback loop and blow the motorcycle all the way over,
    > the way hydroplane boats go skittering end over end
    > like a paper plate once the wind gets underneath. How
    > does a rider maintain control?

    Quoted message said:

    Very carefully over 100 MPH. Sitting upright at about 150 will blow you
    back so hard that your death grip on the handlebars can pull the bike
    up. I tried it once, stupidly, I admit, and could turn the front wheel
    with no effect on the direction of the bike. Once I got my head back
    between the tach and speedometer I got steering back.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Well, there's a balance, but it's probably lower than you think.
    Motorcycles are not hydroplanes, aerodynamically speaking.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Mr. V. Rossi demonstrates the possibility of a very high-speed wheelie:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I propose that physics assumptions should follow the emperical evidence.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Also, I was actually looking for a fairly famous clip wherein Rossi (or
    some other GP champ?) does a highly epic post-race wheelie in which the
    rider almost but not quite rolls the bike over backwards.

    Quoted message said:

    If he got the front wheel more than a foot off the ground at any speed
    over 150 he would have had to lock the rear brake to get back down.
    There are limits to balance bravery, showmanship, and Physics.
    Going down at that speed on a paved track would almost certainly mean
    painful road rash even through a race suit.
    You can't beat Physics.

    Mr. Sundquist found the clip I was thinking of. It was Max Biaggi, the
    second-craziest Italian motorcycle racer of the end of the GP500 era:

    He's not going particularly fast (surely less than 100 mph), but he sure
    does test the limits of how high a bike's nose can be and not be on its
    way to a location somewhere behind the rear wheel. I do not commend it
    to any other rider to attempt to find a further point.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden]://www.wiredcola.com/
    "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
    to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos- Hide quoted text -

    - Show quoted text -

    Nice clip! Every once in a while you'll see stunters bring a bike
    impossibly high and back, but never at speeds they would have a
    problem jumping off the bike from. While not 150mph, Max would have
    had been in a bit of a spot if that came over. Bravo.

    Have you ever seen the "ghostrider" stuff? There are a bunch of
    amateurs putting that name on their stuff now to get hits, but the
    original dude was/is sick. Motorcycle News identified him as Pat
    Furstenhoff a while back when he broke the world wheelie speed record
    at 215MPH. 215 is above my personal fastest, and I have trouble
    imagining it. To do it in a wheelie... *hat off*

  10. Quoted message said:
    Ryan Cousineau said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Mr. Sundquist found the clip I was thinking of. It was Max Biaggi, the
    second-craziest Italian motorcycle racer of the end of the GP500 era:

    He's not going particularly fast (surely less than 100 mph), but he sure
    does test the limits of how high a bike's nose can be and not be on its
    way to a location somewhere behind the rear wheel. I do not commend it
    to any other rider to attempt to find a further point.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden]://www.wiredcola.com/
    "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
    to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos- Hide quoted text -

    - Show quoted text -

    Nice clip! Every once in a while you'll see stunters bring a bike
    impossibly high and back, but never at speeds they would have a
    problem jumping off the bike from. While not 150mph, Max would have
    had been in a bit of a spot if that came over. Bravo.

    Have you ever seen the "ghostrider" stuff? There are a bunch of
    amateurs putting that name on their stuff now to get hits, but the
    original dude was/is sick. Motorcycle News identified him as Pat
    Furstenhoff a while back when he broke the world wheelie speed record
    at 215MPH. 215 is above my personal fastest, and I have trouble
    imagining it. To do it in a wheelie... *hat off*


    200 (or very close) is more than enough on good pavement when you look
    at the telephone poles next to the road flashing by.
    215 on the salt flats with a really thick road rash suit I might try.
    A wheelie at that speed just proves that I am not the craziest guy on a
    bike.
    The *hat off* might be at this guys' funeral.
    Bill (mellowing now) Baka

  11. Bill said:
    Quoted message said:
    Ryan Cousineau said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Mr. Sundquist found the clip I was thinking of. It was Max Biaggi, the
    second-craziest Italian motorcycle racer of the end of the GP500 era:

    He's not going particularly fast (surely less than 100 mph), but he sure
    does test the limits of how high a bike's nose can be and not be on its
    way to a location somewhere behind the rear wheel. I do not commend it
    to any other rider to attempt to find a further point.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden]://www.wiredcola.com/
    "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
    to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos- Hide quoted text -

    - Show quoted text -

    Nice clip! Every once in a while you'll see stunters bring a bike
    impossibly high and back, but never at speeds they would have a
    problem jumping off the bike from. While not 150mph, Max would have
    had been in a bit of a spot if that came over. Bravo.

    Have you ever seen the "ghostrider" stuff? There are a bunch of
    amateurs putting that name on their stuff now to get hits, but the
    original dude was/is sick. Motorcycle News identified him as Pat
    Furstenhoff a while back when he broke the world wheelie speed record
    at 215MPH. 215 is above my personal fastest, and I have trouble
    imagining it. To do it in a wheelie... *hat off*


    200 (or very close) is more than enough on good pavement when you look
    at the telephone poles next to the road flashing by.
    215 on the salt flats with a really thick road rash suit I might try.
    A wheelie at that speed just proves that I am not the craziest guy on a
    bike.
    The *hat off* might be at this guys' funeral.
    Bill (mellowing now) Baka

    No one is going to let a 6o year old burn out geezer on the salt.

  12. R Brickston said:
    Bill said:

    200 (or very close) is more than enough on good pavement when you look
    at the telephone poles next to the road flashing by.
    215 on the salt flats with a really thick road rash suit I might try.
    A wheelie at that speed just proves that I am not the craziest guy on a
    bike.
    The *hat off* might be at this guys' funeral.
    Bill (mellowing now) Baka

    No one is going to let a 6o year old burn out geezer on the salt.

    I'm 58.6 but hardly a burnt out geezer. Give me a jet car and I would
    try for the 1,000 MPH mark. You only live once and if you pass up on
    life you don't get a do-over.
    Sissy!!!
    Bill Baka

  13. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Ryan Cousineau said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Michael Press said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:

    On May 22, 9:05 pm, R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:

    [snip]

    > a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+

    [snip]

    Dear RJ,

    Ignoring the rest, overpowered motorcycles really can do ridiculous
    things . . .

    http://www.videovat.com/videos/485/motorcycle-wheelie.aspx

    http://www.superstreetbike.com/stuntcompetitions/030_0312_freestyle_stuntlif
    e_shootout/photo_13.html

    And this is just a damned motor scooter:

    http://www.scootersales.com.au/Forums/ViewtheForums/tabid/4039/view/topic/po
    stid/9145/forumid/22/tpage/1/Default.aspx

    High-speed wheelies are actually easier than low-speed wheelies (as
    long as you get past sheer terror):

    "Since the introduction of the GSX-R750, many motorcycle enthusiasts
    have learned that a threshold phenomenon exists with high power and
    low weight sportbikes. Wind resistance becomes quite large at freeway
    speeds, and any motorcycle able to lift the front tire in the air at
    65mph and above can maintain the wheelie for miles without the use of
    a rear brake or any advanced skills."

    I expect the high wind force to power a positive
    feedback loop and blow the motorcycle all the way over,
    the way hydroplane boats go skittering end over end
    like a paper plate once the wind gets underneath. How
    does a rider maintain control?

    Well, there's a balance, but it's probably lower than you think.
    Motorcycles are not hydroplanes, aerodynamically speaking.

    Mr. V. Rossi demonstrates the possibility of a very high-speed wheelie:

    I propose that physics assumptions should follow the emperical evidence.

    Also, I was actually looking for a fairly famous clip wherein Rossi (or
    some other GP champ?) does a highly epic post-race wheelie in which the
    rider almost but not quite rolls the bike over backwards.

    I am not saying it cannot be done. I have seen it. My question remains.

    --
    Michael Press

  14. In article <[email hidden]>,

    R Brickston rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@ said:
    Bill said:

    [email hidden] wrote:

    [motorcycle wheelies]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Have you ever seen the "ghostrider" stuff? There are a bunch of
    amateurs putting that name on their stuff now to get hits, but the
    original dude was/is sick. Motorcycle News identified him as Pat
    Furstenhoff a while back when he broke the world wheelie speed record
    at 215MPH. 215 is above my personal fastest, and I have trouble
    imagining it. To do it in a wheelie... *hat off*


    200 (or very close) is more than enough on good pavement when you look
    at the telephone poles next to the road flashing by.
    215 on the salt flats with a really thick road rash suit I might try.
    A wheelie at that speed just proves that I am not the craziest guy on a
    bike.
    The *hat off* might be at this guys' funeral.
    Bill (mellowing now) Baka

    No one is going to let a 6o year old burn out geezer on the salt.

    R: of course not. Craig Breedlove was 59 when he crashed the Spirit of
    America at around 675 mph.

    And of course, he was at the Black Rock desert, not Bonneville.

    But you already knew that, and were just being cheerfully sarcastic,
    right?

    Because I'd hate to think you were just posting this out of cheerless
    petulance.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Breedlove

    Share & Enjoy,

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/
    "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
    to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos

  15. On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:24:25 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    R Brickston rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@ said:
    Bill said:

    [email hidden] wrote:

    [motorcycle wheelies]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Have you ever seen the "ghostrider" stuff? There are a bunch of
    > amateurs putting that name on their stuff now to get hits, but the
    > original dude was/is sick. Motorcycle News identified him as Pat
    > Furstenhoff a while back when he broke the world wheelie speed record
    > at 215MPH. 215 is above my personal fastest, and I have trouble
    > imagining it. To do it in a wheelie... *hat off*
    >
    200 (or very close) is more than enough on good pavement when you look
    at the telephone poles next to the road flashing by.
    215 on the salt flats with a really thick road rash suit I might try.
    A wheelie at that speed just proves that I am not the craziest guy on a
    bike.
    The *hat off* might be at this guys' funeral.
    Bill (mellowing now) Baka

    No one is going to let a 6o year old burn out geezer on the salt.

    R: of course not. Craig Breedlove was 59 when he crashed the Spirit of
    America at around 675 mph.

    And of course, he was at the Black Rock desert, not Bonneville.

    But you already knew that, and were just being cheerfully sarcastic,
    right?

    Because I'd hate to think you were just posting this out of cheerless
    petulance.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Breedlove

    Share & Enjoy,

    Breedlove was not a geezer nor a burn out or a wannabe.

  16. R Brickston said:

    On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:24:25 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    R: of course not. Craig Breedlove was 59 when he crashed the Spirit of
    America at around 675 mph.

    And of course, he was at the Black Rock desert, not Bonneville.

    But you already knew that, and were just being cheerfully sarcastic,
    right?

    Because I'd hate to think you were just posting this out of cheerless
    petulance.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Breedlove

    Share & Enjoy,

    Breedlove was not a geezer nor a burn out or a wannabe.

    The only thing keeping me from doing something that 'stupid' in your
    book is that I can't afford the money to attempt to get in the record
    books. Once you are in the record books it is for all time even if you
    kill yourself in the next attempt.
    Live, don't cower.
    Bill Baka

  17. Bill said:
    R Brickston said:

    On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:24:25 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    R: of course not. Craig Breedlove was 59 when he crashed the Spirit of
    America at around 675 mph.

    And of course, he was at the Black Rock desert, not Bonneville.

    But you already knew that, and were just being cheerfully sarcastic,
    right?

    Because I'd hate to think you were just posting this out of cheerless
    petulance.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Breedlove

    Share & Enjoy,

    Breedlove was not a geezer nor a burn out or a wannabe.

    The only thing keeping me from doing something that 'stupid' in your
    book is that I can't afford the money to attempt to get in the record
    books. Once you are in the record books it is for all time even if you
    kill yourself in the next attempt.
    Live, don't cower.
    Bill Baka

    Live in reality, don't make it up.

  18. R Brickston said:
    Bill said:
    R Brickston said:

    On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:24:25 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    > R: of course not. Craig Breedlove was 59 when he crashed the Spirit of
    > America at around 675 mph.
    >
    > And of course, he was at the Black Rock desert, not Bonneville.
    >
    > But you already knew that, and were just being cheerfully sarcastic,
    > right?
    >
    > Because I'd hate to think you were just posting this out of cheerless
    > petulance.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Breedlove
    >
    > Share & Enjoy,
    Breedlove was not a geezer nor a burn out or a wannabe.


    The only thing keeping me from doing something that 'stupid' in your
    book is that I can't afford the money to attempt to get in the record
    books. Once you are in the record books it is for all time even if you
    kill yourself in the next attempt.
    Live, don't cower.
    Bill Baka

    Live in reality, don't make it up.


    My reality of tall but real tales was from walking to about age 30 when
    I got married.
    Tricycle excepted.
    I still get some hairy experiences with the bike but it doesn't have
    that 120+HP under it anymore.
    I am thinking of buying a Harley/Buell so I am not without the urge.
    I just want to buy American. Wait till China come out with motorcycles.
    Bill Baka

  19. Bill said:
    R Brickston said:
    Bill said:

    R Brickston wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:24:25 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email hidden]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> R: of course not. Craig Breedlove was 59 when he crashed the Spirit of
    >> America at around 675 mph.
    >>
    >> And of course, he was at the Black Rock desert, not Bonneville.
    >>
    >> But you already knew that, and were just being cheerfully sarcastic,
    >> right?
    >>
    >> Because I'd hate to think you were just posting this out of cheerless
    >> petulance.
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Breedlove
    >>
    >> Share & Enjoy,
    > Breedlove was not a geezer nor a burn out or a wannabe.
    The only thing keeping me from doing something that 'stupid' in your
    book is that I can't afford the money to attempt to get in the record
    books. Once you are in the record books it is for all time even if you
    kill yourself in the next attempt.
    Live, don't cower.
    Bill Baka

    Live in reality, don't make it up.


    My reality of tall but real tales was from walking to about age 30 when
    I got married.
    Tricycle excepted.
    I still get some hairy experiences with the bike but it doesn't have
    that 120+HP under it anymore.
    I am thinking of buying a Harley/Buell so I am not without the urge.
    I just want to buy American. Wait till China come out with motorcycles.
    Bill Baka

    Could you please personalize your responses? I'm on the edge of my
    seat.

  20. In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Bill said:
    R Brickston said:

    On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:24:25 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    R: of course not. Craig Breedlove was 59 when he crashed the Spirit of
    America at around 675 mph.

    And of course, he was at the Black Rock desert, not Bonneville.

    But you already knew that, and were just being cheerfully sarcastic,
    right?

    Because I'd hate to think you were just posting this out of cheerless
    petulance.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Breedlove

    Share & Enjoy,

    Breedlove was not a geezer nor a burn out or a wannabe.

    The only thing keeping me from doing something that 'stupid' in your
    book is that I can't afford the money to attempt to get in the record
    books. Once you are in the record books it is for all time even if you
    kill yourself in the next attempt.
    Live, don't cower.

    There are many stupid thing that can be done on a
    budget. Posting delusions of competence and inflated
    claims on usenet, for instance.

    --
    Michael Press

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.