Thank you all.
I am not sure about my rim width, but it seems to have always worked
with
a 700x35 tube. I recently replaced it with a tube that is marked
700x20-28.
Do you think the (presumably) wide rim/narrow tube combiantion could
bring broken spokes? I might have to be more cautions here. When the
tiny tube is fully inflated, the valve does not fully stick out of the
rim,
looking very funny.
Here is what Sheldon Brown have to say:
http://sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html#width
But he is talking about TIRE sizing.
Thanks again.
Lisp949 said:Hello,
The spokes on my rear wheel keep breaking (three so far in
two weeks). Every time I replaced a spoke, the truing was
OK, but it just did not stop spokes from breaking. Could
there be something wrong that I did not see?The current drive train is seven-speed. I was thinking of
putting in place a wheel with a six-speed cassette. I
suppose there will be fewer broken spokes. Will the six-
speed cassette work with the seven-speed chain and rear
derailleur?Thanks.