Re: Bryan Ball - execrable scoundrel par excellence of BentRider Online!

Keats

Guest
"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
<snip>
> I am of the opinion that ALL recumbent bike manufacturers are basically
> just stupid. Anyone can make an expensive recumbent. Hells Bells, even
> Bill Cook of Barcroft can do that much. The trick is to know how to make a
> recumbent for a couple of hundred dollars instead of a couple of thousand
> dollars. Can anyone do it? Nope, we are all way too stupid to know how to
> do that.

How can they make a recumbent for a couple hundred dollars when the freaking
candy assed recumbent seats cost as much as a low end upright frame? Use
scrap plywood?

Zoot

Keats wrote:
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> <snip>
>> I am of the opinion that ALL recumbent bike manufacturers are basically
>> just stupid. Anyone can make an expensive recumbent. Hells Bells, even
>> Bill Cook of Barcroft can do that much. The trick is to know how to make a
>> recumbent for a couple of hundred dollars instead of a couple of thousand
>> dollars. Can anyone do it? Nope, we are all way too stupid to know how to
>> do that.
>>

> How can they make a recumbent for a couple hundred dollars when the freaking
> candy assed recumbent seats cost as much as a low end upright frame? Use
> scrap plywood?
>
> Zoot

Pretty much. I owned an EZ-1 by Sun and the seat was made out of
plywood! At least the base of it was. I sold that bike and bought a much
better and more expensive Rans model.

"Just A User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Keats wrote:
>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> <snip>
>>> I am of the opinion that ALL recumbent bike manufacturers are basically
>>> just stupid. Anyone can make an expensive recumbent. Hells Bells, even
>>> Bill Cook of Barcroft can do that much. The trick is to know how to make
>>> a recumbent for a couple of hundred dollars instead of a couple of
>>> thousand dollars. Can anyone do it? Nope, we are all way too stupid to
>>> know how to do that.
>>>

>> How can they make a recumbent for a couple hundred dollars when the
>> freaking candy assed recumbent seats cost as much as a low end upright
>> frame? Use scrap plywood?
>>
>> Zoot

> Pretty much. I owned an EZ-1 by Sun and the seat was made out of plywood!
> At least the base of it was.

Sounds comfy.

.I sold that bike and bought a much
> better and more expensive Rans model.

Smart move.

(Not) Zoot Keats

In article <[email protected]>,
"Keats" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Just A User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Keats wrote:
> >> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >> <snip>
> >>>

> >> How can they make a recumbent for a couple hundred dollars when the
> >> freaking candy assed recumbent seats cost as much as a low end upright
> >> frame? Use scrap plywood?
> >>
> >> Zoot

> > Pretty much. I owned an EZ-1 by Sun and the seat was made out of plywood!
> > At least the base of it was.

> Sounds comfy.
>

> .I sold that bike and bought a much
> > better and more expensive Rans model.

> Smart move.
>
> (Not) Zoot Keats

Zoot Keats? Is there some sort of Vancouverite merging going on?

(Not) Tom Kouzineau

Keats wrote:
> "Just A User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Keats wrote:
>>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>> <snip>
>>>>
>>> How can they make a recumbent for a couple hundred dollars when the
>>> freaking candy assed recumbent seats cost as much as a low end upright
>>> frame? Use scrap plywood?
>>>
>>> Zoot

>> Pretty much. I owned an EZ-1 by Sun and the seat was made out of plywood!
>> At least the base of it was.

> Sounds comfy.
>

> .I sold that bike and bought a much
>> better and more expensive Rans model.

> Smart move.
>
> (Not) Zoot Keats

I like the Rans a lot. But then again it cost 4 times what an EZ-1
costs. While it not a super light recumbent, it is faster than the EZ-1
and I can ride faster longer with less effort than my road bike. But on
the other hand I tend to ride the road bike more / intensely / than the
recumbent, which mean a higher heart rate and more calories burned.