Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Re: bush on a bike

Started by Corvus Corvax · · Last activity · 6 posts · 507 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
28 July 2004
Last activity
29 July 2004
Original author
Corvus Corvax
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
507
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. SndSysLtd said:


    You'll get "bashed" because it's an election year and the BS has
    been flying for a long time. Everyone seemed to forget 9/11.

    Tell that to all the New Yorkers here, champ. Or maybe you can tell it
    to the "Commander in Chief" who fought tooth and nail to prevent the
    9/11 commission from ever meeting, only giving in when it was
    politically impossible to do otherwise.
    Definitely on durgs. I'm done now.

    CC

  2. Corvus Corvax said:
    SndSysLtd said:

    You'll get "bashed" because it's an election year and the BS has
    been flying for a long time. Everyone seemed to forget 9/11.

    Tell that to all the New Yorkers here, champ. Or maybe you can tell it
    to the "Commander in Chief" who fought tooth and nail to prevent the
    9/11 commission from ever meeting, only giving in when it was
    politically impossible to do otherwise.
    Definitely on durgs. I'm done now.

    CC

    If Clinton hadn't been such a wimp to begin with, 9/11 might not have
    happened. He single-handedly destroyed our defenses and intelligence.

    I don't support anyone right now, but Clinton was a total f-up.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  3. Ride-A-Lot <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Corvus Corvax said:


    Tell that to all the New Yorkers here, champ. Or maybe you can tell it
    to the "Commander in Chief" who fought tooth and nail to prevent the
    9/11 commission from ever meeting, only giving in when it was
    politically impossible to do otherwise.


    [...]

    Quoted message said:


    If Clinton hadn't been such a wimp to begin with, 9/11 might not have
    happened. He single-handedly destroyed our defenses and intelligence.

    There's plenty of blame to go around: I think putting too much fault
    on the Bush administration for 9/11 is specious. I blame them for what
    they did afterward.

    I was referring specifically to the charge that the left has
    "forgotten 9/11". The point being that Dubya quite actively opposed
    efforts to put together a coherent picture of what actually happened
    and why. Reminding people that Al Qaeda is still operational and
    still a threat is too big a reminder of how badly we dropped the ball
    in Afghanistan, and of the utter pointlessness of going to war in
    Iraq.

    I have a lot of thoughtfully conservative friends who are being really
    quiet these days. I don't think state-sponsored torture and frivolous
    wars are quite what they signed on for.

    CC

  4. (Corvus Corvax) said:

    Ride-A-Lot <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Corvus Corvax said:


    Tell that to all the New Yorkers here, champ. Or maybe you can tell it
    to the "Commander in Chief" who fought tooth and nail to prevent the
    9/11 commission from ever meeting, only giving in when it was
    politically impossible to do otherwise.


    [...]

    Quoted message said:


    If Clinton hadn't been such a wimp to begin with, 9/11 might not have
    happened. He single-handedly destroyed our defenses and intelligence.

    There's plenty of blame to go around: I think putting too much fault
    on the Bush administration for 9/11 is specious. I blame them for what
    they did afterward.

    I was referring specifically to the charge that the left has
    "forgotten 9/11". The point being that Dubya quite actively opposed
    efforts to put together a coherent picture of what actually happened
    and why.

    That's an assertion clearly disproven by the bipartisan 9/11
    commission findings. There was no evidence of any collusion by the
    administration to color or influence the intelligence communities.

    Quoted message said:

    Reminding people that Al Qaeda is still operational and
    still a threat is too big a reminder of how badly we dropped the ball
    in Afghanistan, and of the utter pointlessness of going to war in
    Iraq.

    Out of curiosity, what would you have done differently in Afghanistan?

    The reasons behind the Iraq war are out in the open again - contained
    in the 9/11 commission report.

    Quoted message said:

    I have a lot of thoughtfully conservative friends who are being really
    quiet these days. I don't think state-sponsored torture and frivolous
    wars are quite what they signed on for.

    There's no evidence of high-level involvement in the Iraqi prison
    abuse, and I don't think we have been involved in a "frivolous war"
    for quite some time. Afghanistan had to happen, and there was no
    reason to NOT take out Saddam given the information available at the
    time (and even without WMD IMHO, but that's just MHO).

    Mainly, I just didn't want you to think I was being "really quiet"...
    ;-)

    Mark Hickey
    Habanero Cycles
    http://www.habcycles.com
    Home of the $695 ti frame

  5. Mark Hickey said:

    Out of curiosity, what would you have done differently in Afghanistan?

    Don't know about Corvus, but I would've
    http://www.parowanprophet.com/maps/mohawk_350_KT_nuke.jpg

    Some people should be extinct.

    --
    Slacker

  6. "Mark Hickey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Out of curiosity, what would you have done differently in Afghanistan?

    I can't speak for CC, but maybe capturing/killing BinLaden and his
    associates while we knew where they were would've been nice? Letting the
    Afgan local warlords fight our battle at Tora Bora was a bad idea, plain and
    simple. Flushing them out would've been a good idea if they had been
    caught.

    Alex

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.