Re: everybody is mental retards

Guy Anderson, Sr.

Guest
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:50:41 -0500, aversion <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> He wants to murder someone. That is why he carries weapons.

>Oh, for God's sake. If he's like most of his attitude-ridden Usenet
>peers

Is there a way to kill-filter both Dolan AND anyone who responds to
his trollery?

v> Is there a way to kill-filter both Dolan AND anyone
> who responds to his trollery?

=x= I use Emacs with gnus, which gives me the full power of
Lisp for filtering. I killfile Dolan by his email address,
and use some cross-posting detection to ditch the threads.

=x= A more full-blown approach would be to keep track of
the "Message-ID" fields and killfile followups based on the
"References" and/or "In-Reply-To" fields. I did something
like that some years back, but decided that I needn't waste
all that overhead on some stupid trolls; so the above is
what I do these days.
<_Jym_>

Jym Dyer wrote:
> v> Is there a way to kill-filter both Dolan AND anyone
>> who responds to his trollery?

> =x= I use Emacs with gnus, which gives me the full power of
> Lisp for filtering. I killfile Dolan by his email address,
> and use some cross-posting detection to ditch the threads.
>
> =x= A more full-blown approach would be to keep track of
> the "Message-ID" fields and killfile followups based on the
> "References" and/or "In-Reply-To" fields. I did something
> like that some years back, but decided that I needn't waste
> all that overhead on some stupid trolls; so the above is
> what I do these days.
> <_Jym_>

Of course you could just go read a book.

strabo <[email protected]> wrote:
> Jym Dyer wrote:
>> v> Is there a way to kill-filter both Dolan AND anyone
>>> who responds to his trollery?

>> =x= I use Emacs with gnus, which gives me the full power of
>> Lisp for filtering. I killfile Dolan by his email address,
>> and use some cross-posting detection to ditch the threads.
>>
>> =x= A more full-blown approach would be to keep track of
>> the "Message-ID" fields and killfile followups based on the
>> "References" and/or "In-Reply-To" fields. I did something
>> like that some years back, but decided that I needn't waste
>> all that overhead on some stupid trolls; so the above is
>> what I do these days.

> Of course you could just go read a book.

Well, being the amazing individual I am, I can do both. And of course
there's the fact that by fiddling with writing filters I save time
downstream to spend on fiddling with my guitar, riding my bike, and
responding to low signal posts on Usenet.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
An ancient proverb summed it up: when a wizard is tired of looking for

In article <[email protected]>,
Dane Buson <[email protected]> writes:

>> Of course you could just go read a book.

> Well, being the amazing individual I am, I can do both. And of course
> there's the fact that by fiddling with writing filters I save time
> downstream to spend on fiddling with my guitar, riding my bike, and

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jimmy Page does that in Dazed & Confused.

Paganini guitar'd with his fiddle.

> responding to low signal posts on Usenet.

Does Seattle have a Bike To Work Week? I imagine so.
Same with Portland and S.F.

Here's all about Vancouver's:
http://www.vacc.bc.ca/index.php?task=btw.main

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Tom Keats <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dane Buson <[email protected]> writes:
>
> Jimmy Page does that in Dazed & Confused.
>
> Paganini guitar'd with his fiddle.

Well, I won't be wow'ing anyone with my guitar licks for a while. I
just picked it up this year, but I am having a lot of fun with it.

>> responding to low signal posts on Usenet.

> Does Seattle have a Bike To Work Week? I imagine so.
> Same with Portland and S.F.

Generally you hear most about the Bike To Work challenge (which is a
month long) that Cascade and Group Health run. I'm not sure if there is
a bike to work week as such.

> Here's all about Vancouver's:
> http://www.vacc.bc.ca/index.php?task=btw.main

Ah, okay, that looks pretty similar to the Cascade site.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
The meek shall inherit what they're bloody well given. And be thankful for it.