rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Freestyle crank lenth?

Started by Butty · · Last activity · 11 posts · 283 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
31 August 2005
Last activity
31 August 2005
Original author
Butty
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
283
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. is shorter cranks better for freestyle and what lenth do you recon is
    the best

    --
    Butty - bout level 5/6 )-0

    yer you're right, but only when i say you are )-o

    [email hidden] add me!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Butty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10093
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42985

  2. Maybe, I can let you know in about two days (I ordered some shorter
    cranks that should get here tommorow -- I am hoping it will make
    spinning easier) 🙂

    --
    sevenasterisks - Mediocre Unicyclist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sevenasterisks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42985

  3. You forgot to say 'shorter than what?'

    Kazuhiro Shimoyama uses 89mm cranks on his 20" wheel and can really whip
    that thing around. But I don't think he'd want to go any shorter. And
    someone doing the kind of variety of skills Ryan Woessner does would
    probably find 89mm way too short. I'm not sure what Ryan uses.

    I have 110mm cranks on my 20" (always include wheel size when talking
    crank length; don't assume it's 20" just because we're talking
    Freestyle). For some thinks they're great, but for others I find them a
    little short. I think I might be more comfortable with 114mm. This is
    because for many years I used 125mm. I learned all my best moves and
    created all my winning performances with that crank size. But the pedals
    hit the floor a lot. A little shorter is better, unless you use that
    same 20" for other activities, such as hockey, basketball or sumo.

    --
    johnfoss - More Moab Fun

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com

    "Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/) -- 'USA Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42985

  4. johnfoss said:

    *
    or sumo. *

    sumo on a unicycle pease explain!

    --
    habbywall - idont care how to change this title

    It takes twice the man to ride half the bike.
    mac g4 10.4, 20 gb ipod 3rd gen with linux

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42985

  5. well shorted that usual like on a trials

    --
    Butty - bout level 5/6 )-0

    yer you're right, but only when i say you are )-o

    [email hidden] add me!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Butty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10093
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42985

  6. I use 114mm on my 20"..

    and will use 100mm on my 29" :P

    --
    lleberg - Can you ride that.. thing?

    I <3 my unicycle!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42985

  7. i think shorter cranks are better, because it must make spins easier 😄
    and you can go faster 🙄

    --
    amanda.gallacher - pretty skilled

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/free4all?page=8
    click on 'one wheeled madness (pretty good quality)'.

    ChangingLINKS.com - 'Amanda rocks!'
    fcwegnm0b - 'Amanda you are awesome!'
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42985

  8. I tryed unihockey on a freestyleuni with 89mm cranks.. i was way faster
    than anyone else, couldn't stop that well.. tried it for a couple of
    minutes, didn't get very used to it 🙂

    --
    lleberg - Can you ride that.. thing?

    I <3 my unicycle!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42985

  9. yer you can vote aswell if you want people cheers anyway

    --
    Butty - bout level 5/6 )-0

    yer you're right, but only when i say you are )-o

    [email hidden] add me!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Butty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10093
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42985

  10. habbywall said:

    *sumo on a unicycle pease explain! *


    Same as regular sumo, only you're on a unicycle, you don't have to be
    fat, and you can wear regular clothes. Requires no special equipment or
    playing area, so it's easier to set up than basketball or hockey! And
    plenty of fun.

    --
    johnfoss - More Moab Fun

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com

    "Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/) -- 'USA Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42985

  11. I use 114 Qu-Ax cranks and I LOVE them. They are the PERFECT size!

    --
    UniTyler - I do know how to change this title.

    ::This system powered by uni.::
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42985

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.