rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: How many Level 10s

Started by munipsycho · · Last activity · 34 posts · 1,139 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
5 April 2005
Last activity
7 April 2005
Original author
munipsycho
Posts
34
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,139
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–34 of 34
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. yes that is true

    --
    uniprincess - unicyclist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uniprincess's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  2. When I pass, I will be the oldest person ever to pass at age 25 and will
    be the oldest until someone older than me pass's cause currently I am
    older than all the level 10's. I think the youngest was Spencer at 13
    but am not sure on this?

    --
    unicycle6869 - Level 9 Rider

    Jamey (formerly known as tuna6869)

    SMILE-It makes people wonder what you're up too!

    Party Hardy, Rock 'n Roll
    Drink a keg, Smoke a bowl
    To all you preps who think you're cool
    Think again cause stoner's rule!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  3. isn't dana currently 25?

    --
    uniprincess - unicyclist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uniprincess's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  4. uniprincess said:

    *isn't dana currently 25? *

    Don't know but I do know I'm older than her!

    --
    unicycle6869 - Level 9 Rider

    Jamey (formerly known as tuna6869)

    SMILE-It makes people wonder what you're up too!

    Party Hardy, Rock 'n Roll
    Drink a keg, Smoke a bowl
    To all you preps who think you're cool
    Think again cause stoner's rule!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  5. lol

    --
    uniprincess - unicyclist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uniprincess's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  6. Currently under UUU /IUf levels I think the highest in the UK is only a
    4 or 5. ONly because UUU/IUF levels havn't been used much in the Uk
    till recently so rider havn't had lots of chances to take tests. There
    will be some level testing at BUC. However, because of the time it takes
    and the numbers who want to test and small number of testers...you might
    not be able to test all the way up to 10 during the weekend :-).
    If you do want to take level tests at BUC, PLEASE read up about them
    first and make sure you CAN do every thing required including the
    transitions into and out of skills, thats what most people fail on at L3
    and above.
    Oh and join UUU if you want a certificate to prove you passed. Only
    members get certificates.

    Sarah

    --
    sarah.miller - unicycist

    South West Unicycle Meet
    May 21st 2005. Ashburton, Devon, UK
    www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  7. unicycle6869 said:

    * I think the youngest was Spencer at 13 but am not sure on this? *

    I'm pretty sure that Spencer was only 9 when he passed level 10.

    Passing a level higher than your age is pretty impressive! Which reminds
    me of some rock climbers who challenge themselves to climb routes of the
    same grade as their age. For example climb a grade 24 at age 24 or get
    to grade 30 by age 30... (Australian grading system)

    --
    TonyMelton - Head in the clouds

    2005 Auckland Muni and Trials Weekend on April 23 to 25 in Auckland. Be
    there! 'Muni weekend information and registration'
    (http://tinyurl.com/4fagw)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  8. sarah.miller said:

    *...you might not be able to test all the way up to 10 during the
    weekend :-). *

    And I was just thinking....never mind another time then 😉

    --
    unicus

    Every time I try to write my signature the pen slips on the monitor.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  9. Here's my take..
    Being a Level 10 Rider is a BIG deal in the world of unicycling and you
    can't be a level 10 rider unless you have passed level 10. Since there
    are only eight of us, it has shown to be a very difficult task. Some
    people may be able to do a majority or all of the skills but the real
    struggle in level testing is doing them to perfection in succession.
    From all my records, Sem never passed level 10 as I don't believe he
    could do all of the skills. He might be a level 7ish rider, he'd have
    to tell you himself. Finally, I am in charge of the level testing for
    TCUC and we have clinics in order to test to the greatest accuracy. Our
    testing is very precise, meaning if you passed the level you really
    earned it and know the skills.

    Ryan 🙂
    UNICON XI &XII World Champion

    --
    smiley-ryan - The World Champ!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    smiley-ryan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/727
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410


  10. Quoted message said:

    do all the mounts to a level 5 or higher skill

    Could someone tell me whether there is a new rule like this for the
    level seven and above mounts? I know they're not supposed to be into
    riding, but I have to know if they have to be into level 5 or higher
    skills, because if so I have to get two more mounts down solid for
    testing. I might be able to manage another wheel walk mount or a crank
    idle mount, but it will need a lot of quick practice to get it solid on
    time. Also, have there been any other changes in the level testing
    guidlines from what the USA site says. Here's a link to it.
    http://www.unicycling.org/usa/levels/

    Please. I need to know now. I really want to make sure I pass level
    seven, because after this Saturday it could be more than a year before I
    can get tested again.🙁

    --
    jsm - Freestyle Expert

    Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  11. jsm said:

    *Could someone tell me whether there is a new rule like this for the
    level seven and above mounts? I know they're not supposed to be into
    riding, but I have to know if they have to be into level 5 or higher
    skills, because if so I have to get two more mounts down solid for
    testing. I might be able to manage another wheel walk mount or a crank
    idle mount, but it will need a lot of quick practice to get it solid
    on time. Also, have there been any other changes in the level testing
    guidlines from what the USA site says. Here's a link to it.
    http://www.unicycling.org/usa/levels/

    Please. I need to know now. I really want to make sure I pass level
    seven, because after this Saturday it could be more than a year before
    I can get tested again.🙁 *


    I can't see that a post on this forum has any official bearing on your
    test. I don't think the USA could justify using any rule in your test
    that is not publically presented in the current rule set, which is not
    what you linked to. The current rule set is here, as far as I know:
    http://tinyurl.com/252k For a tester to use any other rules would be
    simply wrong and something to complain officially about.

    --
    U-Turn - As long as my feet keep movin'...

    Weep in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield.
    'LiveWire Unicycles' (http://www.livewireunicycles.com)
    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albup39)
    '29er Tire Study' (http://u-turn.unicyclist.com/29erTireStudy/)
    'New York Unicycle Club' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)
    -- Dave Stockton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U-Turn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/691
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  12. TonyMelton said:

    *I'm pretty sure that Spencer was only 9 when he passed level 10.

    Passing a level higher than your age is pretty impressive! Which
    reminds me of some rock climbers who challenge themselves to climb
    routes of the same grade as their age. For example climb a grade 24 at
    age 24 or get to grade 30 by age 30... (Australian grading system) *

    You might be right but that sounds too young to me. Anyone know the
    correct answer for sure?

    JSM, I don't know the exact rules so can't help you out, but I bet
    Smiley will when he comes back on the forums....

    --
    unicycle6869 - Level 9 Rider

    Jamey (formerly known as tuna6869)

    SMILE-It makes people wonder what you're up too!

    Party Hardy, Rock 'n Roll
    Drink a keg, Smoke a bowl
    To all you preps who think you're cool
    Think again cause stoner's rule!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  13. Spencer was 9 when he passed Level 10. Or exactly 9.6 years old...
    He quit unicycling shortly after Unicon 11 in Seattle - I'm still hoping
    that when he's a teenager (or young adult) he will come back to
    unicycling and take up trials or MUni or something.

    Connie

    --
    constance.cotter
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    constance.cotter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9039
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

  14. jsm said:

    *Could someone tell me whether there is a new rule like this for the
    level seven and above mounts? I know they're not supposed to be into
    riding, but I have to know if they have to be into level 5 or higher
    skills, because if so I have to get two more mounts down solid for
    testing.*

    No, it does not need to be to a level 5 skill. The rules state the
    following: "For Level 7 and above, riders must mount to a skill other
    than riding or a standard idle. An exception may be made if the mount is
    difficult (example: 360 spin side jump mount). While the ending skill
    may be repeated, the mounts all have to be different. Examples: Jump
    mount to one-foot idle, kick up mount to wheel walk, or rolling mount to
    onefoot
    leg extended."

    Back when the USA levels were last changed, it was a proposal for the
    mount to be to a level 5 skill, and until recently since I haven't
    tested anyone on one of the higher levels for quite some time, I thought
    that was the rule.

    I believe the rules posted at http://www.unicycling.org/usa/levels/ are
    the current rules. If you see something wrong on that, please let me
    know. The current official rulebook is the 2002 USA rulebook at:
    ttp://www.unicycling.org/usa/rulebook/usar_final_05-16-02.pdf

    --
    Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39410

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.