rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: How proud can a dad be?

Started by steveyo · · Last activity · 16 posts · 578 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
6 September 2005
Last activity
6 September 2005
Original author
steveyo
Posts
16
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
578
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–16 of 16
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm just bustin with pride.

    This is me and my 8 yr old daughter Monya. BTW, she has all the
    protective gear, but doesn't want to wear it. The helmet is
    non-negotiable, though.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: father and daughter uni.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/357437|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    steveyo - Last will be first

    steveyo

    "I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
    unknown

    "Do whatever steps you want if
    you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  2. And one more of Monya...

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: mdr uni 1.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/357447|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    steveyo - Last will be first

    steveyo

    "I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
    unknown

    "Do whatever steps you want if
    you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  3. just warn her that she might learn the hard way about wearing protective
    gear...
    hopefully not too hard (to the point that she won't want to uni)

    --
    ColDawG - I go both ways:

    Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  4. Get her some 661's 4x4 before she gets a nasty pedal bite doing that
    dangerous trials riding 😉

    Congratulations !!

    --
    MERCYME - Hey...homestar...

    The worlds #1 Professional Juggling Balls
    'GBALLZ' (www.gballz.com)
    Used by the best jugglers in the world!
    (if you do buy some tell him Danny referred you)

    'Gallery' (gallery.unicyclist.com/danpics)
    AIM-Mr Mercy3
    oogen7543(att)juggler(dot)net

    -last edited by gilby on 2005-09-05 at 1:24 pm-

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MERCYME's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9764
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  5. HEY
    i wore all sortsa pads and stuff when doing trails and muni, and still
    do
    but i got my nastiest (8-stich) pedal bite just riding around in front
    of my friend's house (i got it when i fell off doing a still stand....)

    --
    ColDawG - I go both ways:

    Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  6. Steveyo-

    How cool is that? Way to go, Monya. What a treat for both of you. I hope
    you stick with it and do lots of rides together.

    --
    harper - A walk in the park.

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    "You guys aren't thinking this through. Hey, where's your other... BANG.
    " - Brian MacKenzie
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  7. steveyo said:

    *The helmet is non-negotiable, though. *

    Terrific. Way to go both of you. Lets just hope that the helmet police
    don't catch wind of that.

    --
    One on one - Founder and member of GUA

    "However, like the jet pilot, if the Coker rider tries to turn too fast,
    he/she could black out."
    -Memphis Mud

    I went further than I had planned and had a testicle break at about 25
    ks
    -onebyone

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  8. I didn't know bob burnquist uni'd. 🙂

    Anyway man that's way cool that she's learnin' young. Glad you're
    teachin her the ways.

    --
    chosen - kinda

    smokin' trees
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  9. lmao bob burnquist ? men u smoke some good good grass

    --
    maxisbackintown - timmmyyy

    yeah
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxisbackintown's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9909
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  10. ColDawG said:

    *but i got my nastiest (8-stich) pedal bite just riding around in
    front of my friend's house (i got it when i fell off doing a still
    stand....) *

    ...? Were you on flat ground? Or up on something? Never ever have I
    fallen doing a still stand. There comes a point where you feel you
    can't bring your balance back. If you don't notice that point, you'll at
    least know you're falling and step off. I can't imagine how to had to
    have stitches from that.

    dave

    --
    fcwegnm0b - HammerTron

    "You build a wood contraception that slides over it and has a removable
    pin at the top to keep it in place" - carsonpalooza

    "o yeah how do i change that thing under my name that says i dont know
    how to change this?" - habbywall

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fcwegnm0b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8357
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  11. chosen said:

    *I didn't know bob burnquist uni'd. 🙂

    Anyway man that's way cool that she's learnin' young. Glad you're
    teachin her the ways. *

    I didn't know who that was till I googled him. I suppose I do look a
    bit like him.

    Quoted message said:

    -Originally posted by ColDawG-
    *just warn her that she might learn the hard way about wearing
    protective gear...
    hopefully not too hard (to the point that she won't want to uni)*


    Oh I warn her, but as a parent I've learned to pick my battles. A
    skinned knee will convince her better than I can to wear pads.

    --
    steveyo - Last will be first

    steveyo

    "I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
    unknown

    "Do whatever steps you want if
    you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  12. opps .. n/m ...

    congrats ...

    *Make her* ... wear wrist guards at least
    (cuz,,, kids pushed me off my uni at the playground before)

    --
    DigitalDave - Ðîgï†å||¥ ËñhÂÑ€èÐ

    'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
    (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
    '20,124 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8399731)
    my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
    that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche
    1899
    if it's popular, then what's it got to do with us? - mens room wall
    'my gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/digitaldave)
    'my crappy old website' (http://digitaldaves.biz)
    'my avatar is not scary'
    (http://www.scaryornot.com/index.php?id=70&c=all)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  13. How old was she when she started?

    --
    onewheeljoe - house of one-five

    ****************************
    Chop wood and carry water.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onewheeljoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7357
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  14. onewheeljoe said:

    *How old was she when she started? *


    She started trying when she was 7, but only a few minutes/week, but
    after her 8th bday (in May) she started try a bit more, and got it
    pretty soon after that.

    --
    steveyo - Last will be first

    steveyo

    "I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
    unknown

    "Do whatever steps you want if
    you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  15. It sure is fun to see them get their first unsupported riding started!
    My 7-year-old (will be 8 this month) is still enthusiastic about it, and
    my 6-year-old is just as hooked. Tonight we get back to our unicycle
    club (The Wonders) for the first time in many weeks due to summer
    vacation. We're all excited. Helmets are the only equipment that
    they're wearing while riding so far, but they're also getting interested
    in Muni, so I think I'll be getting wrist and shin guards with bigger
    unis for them this Christmas. (my wife doesn't know the purchase plans
    yet).

    Unidaddy

    --
    unidaddy - head over wheel
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unidaddy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7879
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

  16. Mazel Tov, Steve. Monya looks great up on her uni.

    --
    JJuggle - What was I thinking?

    Raphael Lasar
    Matawan, NJ

    This is the swingingest place in New York City!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43104

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.