rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Hunters in the UK

Started by MrBoogiejuice · · Last activity · 10 posts · 353 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
20 September 2004
Last activity
27 September 2004
Original author
MrBoogiejuice
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
353
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I had a look at the unicycle.com american site today and looked at all
    the lovely Munis on there which ain't on the british one. It got me
    pondering as to whether it's possible to get hold pf a hunter frame in
    the uk, and if so how much is shipping. I also noticed the DM vortex,
    which I presume is made in the UK if it's made my DM. And if so how come
    it's sold on the american unicycle.com and not the british one.
    Kit

    --
    MrBoogiejuice - Uni geek
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35166

  2. I doubt if the Vortex is made in the UK as when I contacted DM last year
    I was told 'No, I couldnt have one from the Uk and he has no plans to
    sell them in the UK'

    I can only assume they are made in the US under licence of some kind.

    Simon

    --
    Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club - The home of Mountain Uni in Cumbria

    Welcome to Cumbria - take only pictures, leave only one wheel track

    http://www.CumbriaMuni.com
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/CumbriaMuniGallery

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3758
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35166

  3. "MrBoogiejuice" <[email hidden]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "MrBoogiejuice"
    <[email hidden]>
    Newsgroups: rec.sport.unicycling
    Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 1:18 AM
    Subject: Re: Hunters in the UK

    Oh Geez, I read that title entirely wrong. Having been reading a short
    while ago about the labour party banning foxhunting, I somehow assumed
    this was related, and had this rather silly but superb picture of a gang of
    us riding to hounds with the Cheshire hunt on unicycles, red coats, hats,
    boots and riding crops. The whole works.

    Sorry, I'll go back to sleep now.

    Naomi

  4. MrBoogiejuice said:

    *I had a look at the unicycle.com american site today and looked at
    all the lovely Munis on there which ain't on the british one. It got
    me pondering as to whether it's possible to get hold pf a hunter frame
    in the uk, and if so how much is shipping. I also noticed the DM
    vortex, which I presume is made in the UK if it's made my DM. And if
    so how come it's sold on the american unicycle.com and not the british
    one.
    Kit *

    DM built the Vortex's as a batch to sell in the USA I don't think he has
    plans to build another batch.

    Leo White

    --
    leow - Unicycling oldbie

    TO I WHEEL - my favourite anagram
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    leow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/981
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35166

  5. MrBoogiejuice said:

    *I had a look at the unicycle.com american site today and looked at
    all the lovely Munis on there which ain't on the british one. It got
    me pondering as to whether it's possible to get hold pf a hunter frame
    in the uk, and if so how much is shipping. I also noticed the DM
    vortex, which I presume is made in the UK if it's made my DM. And if
    so how come it's sold on the american unicycle.com and not the british
    one.
    Kit *

    DM built the Vortex's as a batch to sell in the USA I don't think he has
    plans to build another batch.

    Leo White

    --
    leow - Unicycling oldbie

    TO I WHEEL - my favourite anagram
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    leow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/981
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35166

  6. MrBoogiejuice said:

    *I had a look at the unicycle.com american site today and looked at
    all the lovely Munis on there which ain't on the british one. It got
    me pondering as to whether it's possible to get hold pf a hunter frame
    in the uk, and if so how much is shipping. I also noticed the DM
    vortex, which I presume is made in the UK if it's made my DM. And if
    so how come it's sold on the american unicycle.com and not the british
    one.
    Kit *

    DM built the Vortex's as a batch to sell in the USA I don't think he has
    plans to build another batch.

    Leo White

    --
    leow - Unicycling oldbie

    TO I WHEEL - my favourite anagram
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    leow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/981
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35166

  7. Naomi check out a thread titled travels with a unicycle. The idea of
    unicycle fox hunting has come up before....Amusing imagery in abundance.

    --
    MrBoogiejuice - Uni geek
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35166

  8. I don't know exactly what you're after, but have you seen the blizzard
    frames at uni.uk.com? Fairly similar shape to the Hunter, but having
    never seen a Hunter unicycle I am far from an expert.

    John

    --
    johnhimsworth - Nullus Anxietas

    What if the hokey cokey really is what it's all about?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnhimsworth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1788
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35166

  9. "MrBoogiejuice" <[email hidden]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Naomi check out a thread titled travels with a unicycle. The idea of
    unicycle fox hunting has come up before....Amusing imagery in abundance.


    Thanks for that BoogieJ, I must have missed that thread completely. Having
    thought further I rather fancy the idea of hiring the full fancy dress and
    turning up at the Cheshire Hunt with the muni and something like a trombone.
    I wonder what the reaction would be, and would the hunt saboteurs have any
    idea which side I was on? Watch out for me in the papers...I might just do
    it, although I suspect I will have fallen before the first fence, especially
    if the stirrup cups have been forthcoming.

    Naomi

  10. Do you live in Cheshire?
    Because I live in Macclesfield...Also in that fair shire. If you do we
    should get together for a ride.
    Kit

    --
    MrBoogiejuice - Uni geek
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35166

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.