General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: I don't like Starbucks

Started by SandraBinNEB · · Last activity · 8 posts · 433 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
30 December 2004
Last activity
30 December 2004
Original author
SandraBinNEB
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
433
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am not a starbucks fan either. There is a local coffee house here called The
    Meeting Place that makes the absolute best coffee I've ever tasted, and about
    half the price of starbucks. Plus the atmosphere is very relaxed. Lots of open
    space and couches to sit back and relax in. Starbucks pales in comparisson.

    Sandra

  2. I was a barista for many years, working a couple of stands in downtown
    DC. At any rate, we had our coffee custom roasted. My boss and I use
    to go into Starbucks to time them. It took them 3 people to prepare
    one drink which took them roughly 2 minutes to produce. We had 1 man
    carts, lines around the block because our coffee was good and in two
    minutes, we could easily push out about 20 customers with smiles on
    their faces.

    Starbucks has great literature but their coffee sucks. Why? 2
    reasons, they over roast, burning the bean a little and they over brew,
    scalding the coffee as it comes out of the cappucino machine.

  3. Halvdan said:

    I was a barista for many years.....

    Quoted message said:

    scalding the coffee as it comes out of the cappucino machine.

    You were a barista, huh? What the Hell is a cappucino machine?

    nb

  4. I take you aren't or weren't.

  5. Halvdan said:

    I take you aren't or weren't.

    I take you are not going to answer the question.

    nb

  6. I guess you aren't either. And yes I was a barista at one time and if
    my terminology is not up to snuff with whatever you think it should be
    called well then, I guess I'm not as pertentious.

  7. Halvdan said:

    I guess you aren't either....

    Not for money, but I have my own espresso machine. BTW,
    machines make espresso, baristas make cappuccino.

  8. notbob said:

    BTW,
    machines make espresso,

    and heat the milk.

    Quoted message said:

    baristas make cappuccino.

    and lattes.

    sf

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.