rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: I Found my Other Wheel...

Started by harper · · Last activity · 8 posts · 627 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
16 November 2005
Last activity
17 November 2005
Original author
harper
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
627
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Naomi-

    What a fantastic write-up! What an unusual chance meeting. What a bozo.

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    *jc is the only main man. there can be no other.*

    This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44774

  2. That's my neck of the woods but I can assure you had it been me I'd have
    stopped for a chat. I wonder who the mystery cyclist could be?

    I've only ever come across another unicyclist whilst riding when I was
    in the lakes earlier this year. It's a rare opportunity which should be
    made use of!

    --
    MrBoogiejuice

    Cars suck.
    Ride a unicycle.
    Be happy.

    Make crumbs not War!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44774

  3. Naomi, great write up.

    If you shouted that at me I would have laughed my head off.

    One of the two of you was an idiot (but it wasn't you).

    Cathy

    --
    cathwood

    'Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its
    victims may be the most oppressive - C.S.Lewis

    'http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk' (http://www.chuckingandtwirling.
    co.uk)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cathwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44774

  4. Naomi, that was unbelievable!

    Even in my bicycling days there were only one or two (serious) riders
    who would fail to acknowledge someone travelling the other way (unless
    they were actually racing of course). And that was from a far larger
    population from which to find the miserable gits. Plus everyone knew
    who they were!

    We should identify the culprit and make it compulsory to sing the
    circus song to him at every opportunity until he recants from his
    heinous self-righteousness. Or whatever happens to people that don't
    😉

    Hooked

    PS well done for getting out and about on your uni. It seem such a
    short time since you started posting here as an even newer noob than I.

    --
    totally_hooked

    "The banana is big, but its skin is even bigger." - George Orwell
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    totally_hooked's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10069
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44774

  5. Hi,

    I really enjoyed reading your post, it was quite a vocabulary exercice
    for me though.
    And yes, his reaction was weird. If i met other unicyclist when i am
    riding, i would follow him (or her) as long as possible.

    Manuel

    --
    manu2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    manu2015's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9834
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44774

  6. totally_hooked said:

    PS well done for getting out and about on your uni. It seem such a
    short time since you started posting here

    Naomi has been posting here for years.

    Indeed, somewhat strange / unexpected behaviour of that other uni
    rider. Goes to show that not all unicyclists are alike - most would
    have stopped. I think you said a funny thing as a conversation
    starter.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    "erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the importance of seat comfort"

  7. "totally_hooked" <[email hidden]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    PS well done for getting out and about on your uni. It seem such a
    short time since you started posting here as an even newer noob than I.

    Well I am ashamed to say I have been posting and riding for quite a while.
    I am just a slow learner, and one who I admit rides rather less than I ought
    to.

    Nao

  8. Naomi said:

    "totally_hooked"
    <[email hidden]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    PS well done for getting out and about on your uni. It seem such a
    short time since you started posting here as an even newer noob than


    I.

    Quoted message said:


    Well I am ashamed to say I have been posting and riding for quite a
    while.
    I am just a slow learner, and one who I admit rides rather less than I
    ought
    to.

    Nao

    Please accept my apologies, Naomi.
    It seems that my memory for names is not so good!

    Hooked

    --
    totally_hooked

    "The banana is big, but its skin is even bigger." - George Orwell
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    totally_hooked's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10069
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44774

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.