Re: IMBA Tries to Justify Mountain Biking with Junk Science

Steve Curtiss

Guest
Mike Vandeman wrote:

> .> Besides, they are irrelevant, because the
> .> harm done by mountain biking is not related to the harm done by other
> .> activities, such as hiking. The damage is the same, regardless of what hikers or
> .> anyone else is doing!
> .>
> .
> .Finally, you've said something! "The damage is the same, regardless of what hikers or anyone else is doing!"
> .So, the impact of off road cycling and hiking is the same!
>
> Learn to read. The damage doesn't change, regardless of what hikers or others
> are doing. DUH!

You are right! The damage doesn't change! Incursion by hikers or cyclists (on bikes) is measured equally, regardless of what the others are doing.

> Mike Vandeman wrote:
>

> > .> Besides, they are irrelevant, because the
> > .> harm done by mountain biking is not related to the harm done by other
> > .> activities, such as hiking. The damage is the same, regardless of what hikers or
> > .> anyone else is doing!
> > .>
> > .
> > .Finally, you've said something! "The damage is the same, regardless of what hikers or anyone else is doing!"
> > .So, the impact of off road cycling and hiking is the same!
> >
> > Learn to read. The damage doesn't change, regardless of what hikers or others
> > are doing. DUH!
> >

> You are right! The damage doesn't change! Incursion by hikers or cyclists (on bikes) is measured equally, regardless of what the others are doing.

Except for mikey's bulldozer racing.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

> On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 07:08:55 -0500, Steve Curtiss <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> .
> .
> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
> .
> .>
> .> .> Besides, they are irrelevant, because the
> .> .> harm done by mountain biking is not related to the harm done by

other
> .> .> activities, such as hiking. The damage is the same, regardless of

what hikers or
> .> .> anyone else is doing!
> .> .>
> .> .
> .> .Finally, you've said something! "The damage is the same, regardless of

what hikers or anyone else is doing!"
> .> .So, the impact of off road cycling and hiking is the same!
> .>
> .> Learn to read. The damage doesn't change, regardless of what hikers or

others
> .> are doing. DUH!
> .>
> .
> .You are right! The damage doesn't change! Incursion by hikers or cyclists

(on bikes) is measured equally, regardless of what the others are doing.

> Learn to read.

So it is perfectly acceptable for you to dissect a single statement
regardless of the content ("mt bikers are denied access"), but I can't do
the same for your statements ("The damage is the same, regardless of what
hikers or anyone else is doing!")...
That double standard of yours is unwavering, even after 8 years...