General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Insert Foot In Mouth AGAIN!

Started by Jan · · Last activity · 5 posts · 650 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 November 2003
Last activity
2 November 2003
Original author
Jan
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
650
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    From: [email hidden] (Mark)
    Date: 11/1/2003 7:26 PM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I was at our local chain bookstore tonight, picking up some
    Solzhenitsyn, when I found myself wandering through the Humor...uh,
    "alternative Health"...aisle. Whose name did I see on the binding of
    a book? Your favorite nutjob and mine, Hulda Clark: The Cure for All
    Diseases.

    Perhaps you should have looked for Racketeering in Medicine.

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    I howled until I thought I was going to
    pee my pants!"

    Did the straight jackets come after you, or did the owner throw you out?

    Strange actions and rather childish.

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    No
    WONDER she's even been kicked out of Tijuana.

    Wrong again.

    Like Peter Bowditch, you really should look things up before opening your mouth
    and making a fool of yourself.

    Not checking things out might just be another reason so many are turning to
    alternative medicine.

    Jan

    Cue for LIAR Richard H. Jacobson to come a long with his LIES
    ==

    I am grateful for one thing; that Richard Jacobson is not my real name.

    Quoted message said:

    the Richard Jacobson that DOES live in Hawaii may not be too


    happy with my assuming his name for purposes of the internet especially given
    the recent events. He happens to live on a different island from me. I do plan
    to contact him to let him know that someone may try to harass him since he is
    listed in the phone book.

    OH, WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE WHEN FIRST WE PRACTICE TO DECEIVE!!!

    Hiking The Kalalau TrailRichard Jacobson ([email hidden])Sat, 16 Mar 1996
    00:27:34 -0500 (EST) Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author
    ] Next message:

    [email hidden]: "Florida hike" Previous message: L. Barry Rinehart: "Se 'Ya"

    Quoted message said:

    Hawaii's premier backpacking trail, the Kalalau Trail on the island of Kauai


    still remains closed past Hanakoa due to the reconstruction ofthe trail near
    "crawler's ridge". Estimated date of completion is Mid May.Until then, camping
    will only be permitted in Hanakapiai and HanakoaValleys. I for one am anxious
    to have Kalalau open again. It has tobe one of the finest trails in the world.

    Aloha,Rich------------------------------------------------

    Richard H. Jacobson

    Always remember to put Horace before Descarte

    From: Richard Jacobson ([email hidden])Subject: Re: An example of holistic
    thinking (2/2) Newsgroups: misc.health.alternativeDate: 1995/04/29
    [email hidden] (Paul Iannone) wrote:>:

    Quoted message said:

    For Patient A, not so lucky. Antibiotic therapy, having no Boostingeffect,


    fails, and the patient is left with the most abysmal form of folk:medicine on
    the planet: conventional medicine's brand of folk: herbalism (havesome chicken
    soup and take two or three OTC drugs: but read the label first,and eventually

    Quoted message said:

    you'll be sick enough to: see us for a real disease).
    : >: >This simple case displays some of the differences between healing: and


    medicine, >\and between isolating therapies and holistic therapies.

    Quoted message said:

    : >:>Ciao!>: >: That is a nice anecdotal story which has little meaning to me.


    Icould: tell you that a person with burning comes to someone and they: give
    himmineral water and he leaves feeling much energy and the: pain goes away.
    Whatdoes that prove??? Not much to me.

    Quoted message said:

    Well, perhaps that someone needs to develop Rich Jacobson Mineral Water


    Therapy.But that is hardly the point.

    Quoted message said:

    You are quite right that Mineral Water Therapy is beside the point. I


    am notsure what point you were making putting ****my name****in front of a
    bogus therapy. I guess you missed MY point which was tha tanyon ecould claim
    anything about healing peoples illnesses withno validity to theirclaims such as
    a claim for mineral water healingan infection. The problem isthat those who
    claim that there methods are *more* effective ALSO state that notonly is any
    kind of proof not necessary but are not at all interested in subjecti n the
    treatments to any kind of objective study to demonstate their efficacy. Instead
    they are relying on observations which may not be valid and may be based upon
    superstitions. How does one separate reality from superstition? I guess each of
    us decides for ourself. One persons reality isanothers superstition.The one way
    I know to separate the two is through a well designed placebo controlled double
    blind study. Perhaps there is another validway but I have not seen one to date.

    For the nth time: healing is concerned withand directly involved with
    correcting health imbalances before they rise toillness, and correcting
    imbalances that affect those aspects of health that CANNOT be
    adequatelyquantified by the most stringent of conventional methodsIagree with
    you completely that preventative health care (correcting problemsbefore they
    arise) is a VERY important part of staying wel land preventing disease and that
    conventional medicine does a quite poor job in this area. Thisis a major
    problem in which people really need to take responsibility for maintaining
    their good health through good diet, exercise and avoiding unhealthy things.The
    mixture of two or more pharmaceuticals produces a state hat has NEVER been
    studied or validated. As a system, conventional therapyvalidates>ISOLATES, and
    then freely mixes and matches them, unconcerned thatthis resulting therapy is
    not validated. So validation counts for fairly little, outside of those
    isolated entities that can be so tested. You are quiteright that using multiple
    medications may be very dangerous and that frequenty people suffer bad
    consequences from harmful interactions between medications.There are book
    written about medication interactions and the importance of notusing
    medications together if they are not compatible. Medication interactionsARE
    studied and good clinicians DO NOTmix them freely. Perhaps you could share with
    us how specifically you would like to validate the mixture of two or more
    pharmaceuticalsin terms of safety. Which leaves us staring at the traditional
    basis for validation: longstanding, careful observation and stringent
    empiricism. Hard to beat two thousand years of very sophisticated formula
    development. They weren't exactly apes throwing stones at the moon.Yes Paul I
    realize that you have been really impressed by this long standingtradition and
    base much of your belief on the number ofyears that it has beenaround and the
    validation based upon all these clinicians observing billions ofpatients over
    thousands of years. My point is that this does not constitutevalidity in my
    mind. In your mind it does, in my mind it does not .

    Perhaps wecould agree to disagree.

    Aloha

    ,Rich---------------

    Richard Jacobson

    Better to be uncertain about something than to besure and be wrong about

  2. "Jan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Cue for LIAR Richard H. Jacobson to come a long with his LIES

    Kicking off November in grand style,

    $ KaChing $1

  3. (Jan) said:
    Quoted message said:

    From: [email hidden] (Mark)
    Date: 11/1/2003 7:26 PM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I was at our local chain bookstore tonight, picking up some
    Solzhenitsyn, when I found myself wandering through the Humor...uh,
    "alternative Health"...aisle. Whose name did I see on the binding of
    a book? Your favorite nutjob and mine, Hulda Clark: The Cure for All
    Diseases.

    Perhaps you should have looked for Racketeering in Medicine.

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    I howled until I thought I was going to
    pee my pants!"

    Did the straight jackets come after you, or did the owner throw you out?

    Strange actions and rather childish.

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    No
    WONDER she's even been kicked out of Tijuana.

    Wrong again.

    I hope her clinic is still in Tijuana. I plan to vomit on her doorstep
    in January.

    Quoted message said:

    Like Peter Bowditch, you really should look things up before opening your mouth
    and making a fool of yourself.

    This thread is not about me.

    Quoted message said:

    Not checking things out might just be another reason so many are turning to
    alternative medicine.

    You could just be very right there, Jan. If people checked out things
    a bit more they would see what a liar and huckster Clark is.

    Quoted message said:

    Jan

    <snip stuff about Rich - who is not the topic of this thread>
    --
    Peter Bowditch
    The Millenium Project http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
    The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
    and The New Improved Quintessence of the Loon with added Vitamins and C-Q10 http://www.ratbags.com/loon
    To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

  4. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Insert Foot In Mouth AGAIN!
    From: Peter Bowditch [email hidden]
    Date: 11/2/2003 12:34 AM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    (Jan) said:
    Quoted message said:

    From: [email hidden] (Mark)
    Date: 11/1/2003 7:26 PM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I was at our local chain bookstore tonight, picking up some
    Solzhenitsyn, when I found myself wandering through the Humor...uh,
    "alternative Health"...aisle. Whose name did I see on the binding of
    a book? Your favorite nutjob and mine, Hulda Clark: The Cure for All
    Diseases.

    Perhaps you should have looked for Racketeering in Medicine.

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    I howled until I thought I was going to
    pee my pants!"

    Did the straight jackets come after you, or did the owner throw you out?

    Strange actions and rather childish.

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    No
    WONDER she's even been kicked out of Tijuana.

    Wrong again.

    Quoted message said:

    I hope her clinic is still in Tijuana. I plan to vomit on her doorstep in


    January.

    Who cares? Sounds like a punky teenager,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or

    Tim Bolen.

    Aren't you proud??

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Like Peter Bowditch, you really should look things up before opening your


    mouth

    Quoted message said:

    and making a fool of yourself.

    This thread is not about me.

    It is about the both of you posting things without looking them up.

    Quoted message said:

    Not checking things out might just be another reason so many are turning to

    Quoted message said:

    alternative medicine.

    Quoted message said:

    You could just be very right there, Jan. If people checked out things
    a bit more they would see what a liar and huckster Clark is.

    Quoted message said:

    Jan

    It is noted when you and your buddies error, the subject is diverted.

    Quoted message said:

    <snip stuff about Rich - who is not the topic of this thread>

    Uh huh, snip all error, lies, childish behavior, and inserting of foot in
    mouth.

    BTW, do show us how easy it is to apologise for your mistakes.

    I am still waiting.

    You see, this kind of thing is what appears on your website.

    Jan

  5. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Insert Foot In Mouth AGAIN!
    From: [email hidden] (Jan)
    Date: 11/2/2003 11:49 AM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Like Peter Bowditch, you really should look things up before opening your


    mouth

    Quoted message said:

    and making a fool of yourself.

    Quoted message said:

    It is about the both of you posting things without looking them up.

    You mean like you spouting off as to "parental rights" in denying medical
    treatment to their children

    and how DHS could take their children away??

    and you spout "[censored]"...parents have the RIGHT to do..not do what they want
    to/for their children

    and when several of us pointing out you were WRONG you simply dropped the
    subject??

    you mean THAT kind of looking things up before making a fool of oneself??

    sad that
    hawki

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.