Re: KH24 Frame bent at the seatpost join.

kington99

Guest
feel the light wrote:
> The trouble here is that it is a relatively brittle alloy, and is
> already cracking internally from the original bend. It's weaker now. If
> you bend it back cold, it is likely to snap.
>
> Heating it will allow it to bend back without damage. But how strong
> will it be ?

If you do decide to heat it, don't bend it hot. Apply liquid soap to
the metal and heat with a gas torch until the soap is well burnt. Allow
it to cool slowly (don't dunk it in water) and then do your bending.

--
kington99

Dave

Rather than try to bend the frame back, wouldn't you be better of trying
to bend a sacrificial seat post the opposite way? A steel seat post
will bend ok, and even if it does all go wrong, you haven't exactly
lost out a lot.

Either that, or wear platform shoes on one foot to compensate :D

STM

--
semach.the.monkey

bend back and weld?

--
Unisykolist

Sticky Tape fixes EVERYTHING :D
Street & Trials }-360-unispin-'O,
Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS
I juggle 3 balls and do lots of tricks. I also juggle 4 for 10 secs and
learning to juggle 5!
BLUE CAP