Re: KH24 Frame bent at the seatpost join.

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by kington99, May 23, 2008.

  1. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    feel the light wrote:
    > The trouble here is that it is a relatively brittle alloy, and is
    > already cracking internally from the original bend. It's weaker now. If
    > you bend it back cold, it is likely to snap.
    >
    > Heating it will allow it to bend back without damage. But how strong
    > will it be ?

    If you do decide to heat it, don't bend it hot. Apply liquid soap to
    the metal and heat with a gas torch until the soap is well burnt. Allow
    it to cool slowly (don't dunk it in water) and then do your bending.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  2. Rather than try to bend the frame back, wouldn't you be better of trying
    to bend a sacrificial seat post the opposite way? A steel seat post
    will bend ok, and even if it does all go wrong, you haven't exactly
    lost out a lot.

    Either that, or wear platform shoes on one foot to compensate :D

    STM

    --
    semach.the.monkey

  3. Unisykolist

    Unisykolist Guest

    bend back and weld?

    --
    Unisykolist

    Sticky Tape fixes EVERYTHING :D
    Street & Trials }-360-unispin-'O,
    Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS
    I juggle 3 balls and do lots of tricks. I also juggle 4 for 10 secs and
    learning to juggle 5!
    BLUE CAP