General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Make yer oWn Flavored Syrups!

Started by Lass Chance · · Last activity · 11 posts · 332 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
21 June 2005
Last activity
23 June 2005
Original author
Lass Chance
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
332
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I bought a 3 oz. bottle of maple...and used one tbs. of it. I have LOTS
    left to make many more batches.

    it IS a "deal" and still beats hell out of retail plus shipping.

    Start LC~5-16-05
    202-?-165
    (i'm scale phobic)

  2. Lass Chance said:

    I bought a 3 oz. bottle of maple...and used one tbs. of it. I have LOTS
    left to make many more batches.

    What a country, huh...?

    Quoted message said:

    it IS a "deal" and still beats hell out of retail plus shipping.

    <LOL> I bet this is aimed at me. I do so love your weasely ways. For
    some reason, you seem not to want others to see the numbers and facts
    that smash your blowhole nonsense. So you snip out everything to which
    you reply. Very adult.

    I showed you ways not to have to do the "retail plus shipping" you seem
    so stuck on. I also showed you the numbers. That your brainstorm was
    only slightly more expensive than buying it in a store. I love your
    3rd-grade foot stamping to insist "it IS a "deal"..." It is too. It. Is.
    Too.

    But if you checked out the online sites that sell it by the case, it can
    be yours for like $4.50 a bottle. But never let facts stop you from your
    tantrums.

    What a spoiled, childish brat.

    You've posted that there's a Wal-Mart in your little town. They carry
    sugar-free syrups. Cheap. Cheaper than your homemade stuff. With better
    quality control and *no* carbs. And more flavors to choose from...

    Pastorio

  3. "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Lass Chance said:

    I bought a 3 oz. bottle of maple...and used one tbs. of it. I have LOTS
    left to make many more batches.

    What a country, huh...?


    You know I finaly convinced my DH that it was worth it to buy Maple syrup at
    the store rather then to make his own using the home maple syrup out of
    sugar, corn syrup, brown sugar water and maple extract.. only took 4 years
    and me putting the 99cents a bottle syrup in the cart when shopping at the
    "cheap" store 😉 I think it had something to do with me refusing to learn
    how to make it 😉

    Tori

    --
    Xavier 10/04 "Hey mommy I can reach the middle of the coffee table if I
    stand right here"
    Bonnie 3/02 "No Xayur thats my blankie"
    349.5/321/135

  4. Bob (this one) said:
    Lass Chance said:

    I bought a 3 oz. bottle of maple...and used one tbs. of it. I have LOTS
    left to make many more batches.

    What a country, huh...?

    Quoted message said:

    it IS a "deal" and still beats hell out of retail plus shipping.

    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    You've posted that there's a Wal-Mart in your little town. They carry
    sugar-free syrups. Cheap. Cheaper than your homemade stuff. With better
    quality control and *no* carbs. And more flavors to choose from...

    Hi, Bob

    I've got to pop in on this one. At our nearest Wal-Mart, even though
    the store is just as big as the one we had in "The Big City" the
    selection is horrid. They'll devote 80 feet of shelf space to their
    fake maple syrup, but the last time I looked DaVinci's had about one
    foot, and they were all Vanilla or Hazelnut?

    And as an interesting aside, when I asked them about the black soy
    beans, the pointed me to the canned black beans. When I told them that
    wasn't what I was looking for, they sent me to the produce section where
    I found . . . tofu. :-)

  5. "Lass Chance" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Nor do I wish to order by the case. I paid 3.87 for my Splenda. It was
    "on sale". I paid four bucks for the maple. Let's just call it about 8
    bucks, total. I have enoug Splenda to make several more batches....and
    enough maple to make many more batches. On top of that, Im 100% pleased
    with the results.

    I wish I could find a "sale" like that on Splenda! Walmart is the least
    expensive place for it, and even with our Walmart discount (hubby works
    there), it's still a LOT more than that...
    --
    Sherry
    360/?/195
    low carb since 4/4/05
    NEW - My Low Carb site: http://lowcarb.owly.net

  6. Sherry---I got my Splenda at the "Family Dollar" store, LOL. I think
    they were trying to get rid of it to make room for other stuff. You
    never know what they'll have at any given time, which makes it a sort of
    adventure in shopping.

    Start LC~5-16-05
    202-?-165
    (i'm scale phobic)

  7. Bailey's Girl said:
    Bob (this one) said:

    You've posted that there's a Wal-Mart in your little town. They carry
    sugar-free syrups. Cheap. Cheaper than your homemade stuff. With
    better quality control and *no* carbs. And more flavors to choose from...

    Hi, Bob

    I've got to pop in on this one. At our nearest Wal-Mart, even though
    the store is just as big as the one we had in "The Big City" the
    selection is horrid. They'll devote 80 feet of shelf space to their
    fake maple syrup, but the last time I looked DaVinci's had about one
    foot, and they were all Vanilla or Hazelnut?

    I live in the country. I mean the real country - on a 175 acre farm
    surrounded by other farms. There's *one* business in my mailing area
    (not incorporated as a town or any other municipal body) and it's a
    veterinary hospital "for large and small critters" as the sign says. I
    have to drive 10 miles to get to the nearest "city" with a total
    population of 18,000. I went into the Wal-Mart a year or so ago and saw
    no SF syrups. I asked the department manager to please get them. We now
    have 8 flavors and they apparently sell well enough to keep them in stock.

    Ask and ye shall...

    Quoted message said:

    And as an interesting aside, when I asked them about the black soy
    beans, the pointed me to the canned black beans. When I told them that
    wasn't what I was looking for, they sent me to the produce section where
    I found . . . tofu. :-)

    Go visit Kroger, any health food store or Eden foods online.

    Pastorio

  8. Bob (this one) said:
    Bailey's Girl said:
    Bob (this one) said:

    You've posted that there's a Wal-Mart in your little town. They carry
    sugar-free syrups. Cheap. Cheaper than your homemade stuff. With
    better quality control and *no* carbs. And more flavors to choose
    from...

    Hi, Bob

    I've got to pop in on this one. At our nearest Wal-Mart, even though
    the store is just as big as the one we had in "The Big City" the
    selection is horrid. They'll devote 80 feet of shelf space to their
    fake maple syrup, but the last time I looked DaVinci's had about one
    foot, and they were all Vanilla or Hazelnut?

    I live in the country. I mean the real country - on a 175 acre farm
    surrounded by other farms. There's *one* business in my mailing area
    (not incorporated as a town or any other municipal body) and it's a
    veterinary hospital "for large and small critters" as the sign says. I
    have to drive 10 miles to get to the nearest "city" with a total
    population of 18,000. I went into the Wal-Mart a year or so ago and saw
    no SF syrups. I asked the department manager to please get them. We now
    have 8 flavors and they apparently sell well enough to keep them in stock.

    Ask and ye shall...

    .. . . be given a pat on the head. lol

    I think it's great that the manager of the store in your area is so
    accommodating. Unfortunately, mine isn't. :-)

    Now, I *did* talk to him and he *did* ask me to give him a list of the
    things that I was looking for, which I *did* do the next time I was in
    the store. However, it is now almost six months later and not one of
    the items on my list has shown up.

    I wasn't just asking him about low-carb stuff. There are a lot of other
    things that I was looking for, "regular" stuff, that generated nothing
    more than blank stares.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And as an interesting aside, when I asked them about the black soy
    beans, the pointed me to the canned black beans. When I told them
    that wasn't what I was looking for, they sent me to the produce
    section where I found . . . tofu. :-)

    Go visit Kroger, any health food store or Eden foods online.

    Kroger doesn't have them (didn't talk to THAT manager though, I just
    don't like the idea of their "Kroger Card"😉, we don't have a health food
    store, and the last time I checked Eden foods their prices were really,
    really high for everything, and then there was shipping on top of that.
    That was a long time ago, though, maybe it's better now.

    I did order some chocolate DaVinci syrup from an online company a few
    years ago. They were having some kind of sale and free shipping, it
    seemed to be a great deal. Unfortunately, the stuff was so sweet and so
    nasty, no one in my family would eat it. The huge jug sat in the fridge
    for a year and then I threw it away.

    So I think we'll be able to live without a lot of that stuff. <g>


  9. Quoted message said:

    I did order some chocolate DaVinci syrup from an online company a few
    years ago. They were having some kind of sale and free shipping, it
    seemed to be a great deal. Unfortunately, the stuff was so sweet and so
    nasty, no one in my family would eat it. The huge jug sat in the fridge
    for a year and then I threw it away.

    So I think we'll be able to live without a lot of that stuff. <g>

    My mom loves the chocolate syrup.. we just have the caramel and the
    vanilla.. one I got online and the other from a store.. actualy one is
    davinci and the other is Torini. Told DH we could get it there for 7.50 or
    I could order it later and pay shipping on it.. lol he agreed to getting it
    in the store. :P

    Tori

    --
    Xavier 10/04 "Hey mommy I can reach the middle of the coffee table if I
    stand right here"
    Bonnie 3/02 "No Xayur thats my blankie"
    349.5/321/135

  10. Bailey's Girl said:
    Bob (this one) said:
    Bailey's Girl said:

    Bob (this one) wrote:

    > You've posted that there's a Wal-Mart in your little town. They
    > carry sugar-free syrups. Cheap. Cheaper than your homemade stuff.
    > With better quality control and *no* carbs. And more flavors to
    > choose from...

    Hi, Bob

    I've got to pop in on this one. At our nearest Wal-Mart, even though
    the store is just as big as the one we had in "The Big City" the
    selection is horrid. They'll devote 80 feet of shelf space to their
    fake maple syrup, but the last time I looked DaVinci's had about one
    foot, and they were all Vanilla or Hazelnut?

    Quoted message said:

    I live in the country. I mean the real country - on a 175 acre farm
    surrounded by other farms. There's *one* business in my mailing area
    (not incorporated as a town or any other municipal body) and it's a
    veterinary hospital "for large and small critters" as the sign says. I
    have to drive 10 miles to get to the nearest "city" with a total
    population of 18,000. I went into the Wal-Mart a year or so ago and
    saw no SF syrups. I asked the department manager to please get them.
    We now have 8 flavors and they apparently sell well enough to keep
    them in stock.

    Ask and ye shall...

    .. . . be given a pat on the head. lol

    I think it's great that the manager of the store in your area is so
    accommodating. Unfortunately, mine isn't. :-)

    Now, I *did* talk to him and he *did* ask me to give him a list of the
    things that I was looking for, which I *did* do the next time I was in
    the store. However, it is now almost six months later and not one of
    the items on my list has shown up.

    I wasn't just asking him about low-carb stuff. There are a lot of other
    things that I was looking for, "regular" stuff, that generated nothing
    more than blank stares.

    And since you spoke to one guy and nothing happened, you're doomed.
    Doomed, I say. Especially since he doesn't have a boss to whom he
    reports. Doomed.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And as an interesting aside, when I asked them about the black soy
    beans, the pointed me to the canned black beans. When I told them
    that wasn't what I was looking for, they sent me to the produce
    section where I found . . . tofu. :-)

    Go visit Kroger, any health food store or Eden foods online.

    Kroger doesn't have them (didn't talk to THAT manager though, I just
    don't like the idea of their "Kroger Card"😉,

    I understand. That Kroger card demands that you give them your real name
    and address. Or could it be someone else's address? And Name? Or a
    completely fake name so they can't track you down with their electronic
    bloodhounds? But I understand. If you get one of their cards, you're doomed.

    Quoted message said:

    we don't have a health food
    store, and the last time I checked Eden foods their prices were really,
    really high for everything, and then there was shipping on top of that.
    That was a long time ago, though, maybe it's better now.

    Um, sure. If you go check their site, you'll see that their prices are
    competitive. But if you do that. you'll be doomed.

    Quoted message said:

    I did order some chocolate DaVinci syrup from an online company a few
    years ago. They were having some kind of sale and free shipping, it
    seemed to be a great deal. Unfortunately, the stuff was so sweet and so
    nasty, no one in my family would eat it. The huge jug sat in the fridge
    for a year and then I threw it away.

    And I bet it was radioactive. So your whole family is doomed.

    Quoted message said:

    So I think we'll be able to live without a lot of that stuff. <g>

    Wow. You have a really, really difficult life.

    Pastorio

  11. Bob (this one) said:
    Bailey's Girl said:
    Bob (this one) said:

    Bailey's Girl wrote:

    > Bob (this one) wrote:
    >
    >> You've posted that there's a Wal-Mart in your little town. They
    >> carry sugar-free syrups. Cheap. Cheaper than your homemade stuff.
    >> With better quality control and *no* carbs. And more flavors to
    >> choose from...
    >
    >
    > Hi, Bob
    >
    > I've got to pop in on this one. At our nearest Wal-Mart, even
    > though the store is just as big as the one we had in "The Big City"
    > the selection is horrid. They'll devote 80 feet of shelf space to
    > their fake maple syrup, but the last time I looked DaVinci's had
    > about one foot, and they were all Vanilla or Hazelnut?

    Quoted message said:

    I live in the country. I mean the real country - on a 175 acre farm
    surrounded by other farms. There's *one* business in my mailing area
    (not incorporated as a town or any other municipal body) and it's a
    veterinary hospital "for large and small critters" as the sign says.
    I have to drive 10 miles to get to the nearest "city" with a total
    population of 18,000. I went into the Wal-Mart a year or so ago and
    saw no SF syrups. I asked the department manager to please get them.
    We now have 8 flavors and they apparently sell well enough to keep
    them in stock.

    Ask and ye shall...

    .. . . be given a pat on the head. lol

    I think it's great that the manager of the store in your area is so
    accommodating. Unfortunately, mine isn't. :-)

    Now, I *did* talk to him and he *did* ask me to give him a list of the
    things that I was looking for, which I *did* do the next time I was in
    the store. However, it is now almost six months later and not one of
    the items on my list has shown up.

    I wasn't just asking him about low-carb stuff. There are a lot of
    other things that I was looking for, "regular" stuff, that generated
    nothing more than blank stares.

    And since you spoke to one guy and nothing happened, you're doomed.
    Doomed, I say. Especially since he doesn't have a boss to whom he
    reports. Doomed.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > And as an interesting aside, when I asked them about the black soy
    > beans, the pointed me to the canned black beans. When I told them
    > that wasn't what I was looking for, they sent me to the produce
    > section where I found . . . tofu. :-)

    Go visit Kroger, any health food store or Eden foods online.

    Kroger doesn't have them (didn't talk to THAT manager though, I just
    don't like the idea of their "Kroger Card"😉,

    I understand. That Kroger card demands that you give them your real name
    and address. Or could it be someone else's address? And Name? Or a
    completely fake name so they can't track you down with their electronic
    bloodhounds? But I understand. If you get one of their cards, you're
    doomed.

    Quoted message said:

    we don't have a health food store, and the last time I checked Eden
    foods their prices were really, really high for everything, and then
    there was shipping on top of that. That was a long time ago, though,
    maybe it's better now.

    Um, sure. If you go check their site, you'll see that their prices are
    competitive. But if you do that. you'll be doomed.

    Quoted message said:

    I did order some chocolate DaVinci syrup from an online company a few
    years ago. They were having some kind of sale and free shipping, it
    seemed to be a great deal. Unfortunately, the stuff was so sweet and
    so nasty, no one in my family would eat it. The huge jug sat in the
    fridge for a year and then I threw it away.

    And I bet it was radioactive. So your whole family is doomed.

    Quoted message said:

    So I think we'll be able to live without a lot of that stuff. <g>

    Wow. You have a really, really difficult life.

    Pastorio

    lol Bob -- you are so funny!

    Yeah, it's tough to be me.

    rotflmao

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.