Re: "Mountain biking is no more damaging than other forms of recreation, including hiking."

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "di" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

> [...]
>
>>>The one and only thing his like ever understands is a good swift kick in
>>>the ass. That is what I am here for.
>>>

>>Like I've said before, name the time and place.

> I suggest dueling pistols at dawn down by the riverside on the banks of the
> Ohio. I will try to get Tom Sherman to be my second, but he has made himself
> scarce of late and I don't know if I can find him. No doubt, you have some
> scofflaws you could spare who could be my second if I am unable to get Tom
> Sherman.
>
> It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost honor, as
> that is the only thing that matters to me at my present stage of life. I
> will expect you to be dressed in your best formal attire as will I. I think
> 10 paces will be about right as my eyesight is not what it used to be. I
> think we should also use black powder firearms in order to enhance the
> dignity of the occasion. I will go down to the local pawn shop and see what
> I can find.

Ok, Ed. That's funny. You're
not much of an arguer, but you
are a decent clown.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "di" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

> [...]
>
>>>The one and only thing his like ever understands is a good swift kick in
>>>the ass. That is what I am here for.
>>>

>>Like I've said before, name the time and place.

> I suggest dueling pistols at dawn down by the riverside on the banks of the
> Ohio. I will try to get Tom Sherman to be my second, but he has made himself
> scarce of late and I don't know if I can find him. No doubt, you have some
> scofflaws you could spare who could be my second if I am unable to get Tom
> Sherman.
>
> It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost honor, as
> that is the only thing that matters to me at my present stage of life. I
> will expect you to be dressed in your best formal attire as will I. I think
> 10 paces will be about right as my eyesight is not what it used to be. I
> think we should also use black powder firearms in order to enhance the
> dignity of the occasion. I will go down to the local pawn shop and see what
> I can find.

Ok, Ed. That's funny. You're
not much of an arguer, but you
are a decent clown.

"cc" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "di" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>> [...]
>>>>

>>>Like I've said before, name the time and place.

>> I suggest dueling pistols at dawn down by the riverside on the banks of
>> the Ohio. I will try to get Tom Sherman to be my second, but he has made
>> himself scarce of late and I don't know if I can find him. No doubt, you
>> have some scofflaws you could spare who could be my second if I am unable
>> to get Tom Sherman.
>>
>> It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost honor,
>> as that is the only thing that matters to me at my present stage of life.
>> I will expect you to be dressed in your best formal attire as will I. I
>> think 10 paces will be about right as my eyesight is not what it used to
>> be. I think we should also use black powder firearms in order to enhance
>> the dignity of the occasion. I will go down to the local pawn shop and
>> see what I can find.
>>

> Ok, Ed. That's funny. You're not much of an arguer, but you are a decent
> clown.

At last ... someone to appreciate me! We clowns are desperate for a little
feed back from time to time. Instead all I get from these freaking
newsgroups are serious types who take me seriously. Of course, sometimes I
am serious, but mostly I am not. It is really strange how so many do not
seem to know how to read me. However, it may be my fault. I will have to
work on my writing skills more.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"cc" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "di" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>> [...]
>>>>

>>>Like I've said before, name the time and place.

>> I suggest dueling pistols at dawn down by the riverside on the banks of
>> the Ohio. I will try to get Tom Sherman to be my second, but he has made
>> himself scarce of late and I don't know if I can find him. No doubt, you
>> have some scofflaws you could spare who could be my second if I am unable
>> to get Tom Sherman.
>>
>> It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost honor,
>> as that is the only thing that matters to me at my present stage of life.
>> I will expect you to be dressed in your best formal attire as will I. I
>> think 10 paces will be about right as my eyesight is not what it used to
>> be. I think we should also use black powder firearms in order to enhance
>> the dignity of the occasion. I will go down to the local pawn shop and
>> see what I can find.
>>

> Ok, Ed. That's funny. You're not much of an arguer, but you are a decent
> clown.

At last ... someone to appreciate me! We clowns are desperate for a little
feed back from time to time. Instead all I get from these freaking
newsgroups are serious types who take me seriously. Of course, sometimes I
am serious, but mostly I am not. It is really strange how so many do not
seem to know how to read me. However, it may be my fault. I will have to
work on my writing skills more.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:57:36 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"di" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>[...]
>>> The one and only thing his like ever understands is a good swift kick in
>>> the ass. That is what I am here for.
>>>

>> Like I've said before, name the time and place.

>I suggest dueling pistols at dawn down by the riverside on the banks of the
>Ohio. I will try to get Tom Sherman to be my second, but he has made himself
>scarce of late and I don't know if I can find him. No doubt, you have some
>scofflaws you could spare who could be my second if I am unable to get Tom
>Sherman.
>
>It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost honor,

Please don't ever use "honor" and "mountain biker" in the same
sentence. I don't want to gag.

as
>that is the only thing that matters to me at my present stage of life. I
>will expect you to be dressed in your best formal attire as will I. I think
>10 paces will be about right as my eyesight is not what it used to be. I
>think we should also use black powder firearms in order to enhance the
>dignity of the occasion. I will go down to the local pawn shop and see what
>I can find.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>aka
>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

wrote:

>"di" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>[...]
>>> The one and only thing his like ever understands is a good swift kick in
>>> the ass. That is what I am here for.
>>>

>> Like I've said before, name the time and place.

>I suggest dueling pistols at dawn down by the riverside on the banks of the
>Ohio. I will try to get Tom Sherman to be my second, but he has made himself
>scarce of late and I don't know if I can find him. No doubt, you have some
>scofflaws you could spare who could be my second if I am unable to get Tom
>Sherman.
>
>It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost honor,

Please don't ever use "honor" and "mountain biker" in the same
sentence. I don't want to gag.

as
>that is the only thing that matters to me at my present stage of life. I
>will expect you to be dressed in your best formal attire as will I. I think
>10 paces will be about right as my eyesight is not what it used to be. I
>think we should also use black powder firearms in order to enhance the
>dignity of the occasion. I will go down to the local pawn shop and see what
>I can find.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>aka
>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:57:36 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>>It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost honor,

> Please don't ever use "honor" and "mountain biker" in the same
> sentence. I don't want to gag.

You should be used to it - after choking out your nonsense for years.
Your OPINION of off-road cycling is not a filter for determining the
character of those involved.

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "cc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>> "di" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> [...]
>>>

>>> I suggest dueling pistols at dawn down by the riverside on the banks of
>>> the Ohio. I will try to get Tom Sherman to be my second, but he has made
>>> himself scarce of late and I don't know if I can find him. No doubt, you
>>> have some scofflaws you could spare who could be my second if I am
>>> unable to get Tom Sherman.
>>>
>>> It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost
>>> honor, as that is the only thing that matters to me at my present stage
>>> of life. I will expect you to be dressed in your best formal attire as
>>> will I. I think 10 paces will be about right as my eyesight is not what
>>> it used to be. I think we should also use black powder firearms in order
>>> to enhance the dignity of the occasion. I will go down to the local pawn
>>> shop and see what I can find.
>>>

>> Ok, Ed. That's funny. You're not much of an arguer, but you are a decent
>> clown.

> At last ... someone to appreciate me! We clowns are desperate for a
> little feed back from time to time. Instead all I get from these freaking
> newsgroups are serious types who take me seriously. Of course, sometimes I
> am serious, but mostly I am not. It is really strange how so many do not
> seem to know how to read me. However, it may be my fault. I will have to
> work on my writing skills more.

While you are there (pawn shop), see if they sell red, puff noses. If you
are going to accept the title "clown", you might as well dress the part.
We don't know how to read you because, by your own admission, you have had
the human contact of a mole. You can't hit someone with a stick then jump
back and proclaim "that was funny, wasn't it?". A sense of humor is
developed around people, not buried in a dusty corner of a library.

"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "cc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Ok, Ed. That's funny. You're not much of an arguer, but you are a decent
>>> clown.

>> At last ... someone to appreciate me! We clowns are desperate for a
>> little feed back from time to time. Instead all I get from these freaking
>> newsgroups are serious types who take me seriously. Of course, sometimes
>> I am serious, but mostly I am not. It is really strange how so many do
>> not seem to know how to read me. However, it may be my fault. I will have
>> to work on my writing skills more.
>>

> While you are there (pawn shop), see if they sell red, puff noses. If you
> are going to accept the title "clown", you might as well dress the part.
> We don't know how to read you because, by your own admission, you have had
> the human contact of a mole. You can't hit someone with a stick then jump
> back and proclaim "that was funny, wasn't it?". A sense of humor is
> developed around people, not buried in a dusty corner of a library.

Humor is a very difficult thing to define. What is often funny to one person
will not be in the least bit funny to another person. Most humor is of the
slapstick variety, crude and dumb (Jerry Lewis). That can never appeal to
types like me.

By the way, once you have to explain humor, it is no longer humorous. That
is why I do not put smileys all over my posts. I want folks to get it on
their own. Am I being serious or not? Sometimes I do not even know. I depend
on others to tell me.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> While you are there (pawn shop), see if they sell red, puff noses. If
>> you are going to accept the title "clown", you might as well dress the
>> part.
>> We don't know how to read you because, by your own admission, you have
>> had the human contact of a mole. You can't hit someone with a stick then
>> jump back and proclaim "that was funny, wasn't it?". A sense of humor is
>> developed around people, not buried in a dusty corner of a library.

> Humor is a very difficult thing to define. What is often funny to one
> person will not be in the least bit funny to another person. Most humor is
> of the slapstick variety, crude and dumb (Jerry Lewis). That can never
> appeal to types like me.
>
> By the way, once you have to explain humor, it is no longer humorous. That
> is why I do not put smileys all over my posts. I want folks to get it on
> their own. Am I being serious or not? Sometimes I do not even know. I
> depend on others to tell me.

Then listen up... If you don't know when you post it, we certainly aren't
going to know when we see it.
You either have the intent of being funny, or the intent of being serious.
Deciding which it was based on the response after the fact is stupid.

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:12:56 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:57:36 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>>It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost honor,

>> Please don't ever use "honor" and "mountain biker" in the same
>> sentence. I don't want to gag.
>>

>You should be used to it - after choking out your nonsense for years.
>Your OPINION of off-road cycling is not a filter for determining the
>character of those involved.

Ask your mommy to look up "filter" in the dictionary. Then learn how
to use it properly. Idiot.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:12:56 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> Please don't ever use "honor" and "mountain biker" in the same
>>> sentence. I don't want to gag.
>>>

>>You should be used to it - after choking out your nonsense for years.
>>Your OPINION of off-road cycling is not a filter for determining the
>>character of those involved.

> Ask your mommy to look up "filter" in the dictionary. Then learn how
> to use it properly. Idiot.

Character assasination rather than addressing the concept. Typical.

"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

[newsgroups expanded]

[subject heading changed]

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

[...]
>> Curtiss and Foster are made for one another. Neither one of them can
>> understand a crystal clear explanation. How the Hell can Vandeman stand
>> such freaking idiots. Vandeman has said that all mountain bikers are
>> idiots - and that they surely are. They are also scoundrels based on the
>> evidence above.

> Such as our explanation for responding to Vandy's lies and misinformation
> considering access, trails, conservation and off-road cycling? Apparently,
> it is you who can not grasp the "explanation". My (and others') posts to
> Vandy are in direct response to his attacks on an activity that we enjoy
> and his posts also attempt to close all communication beyond his narrow
> views on the topic. We only want to keep that communication open for real
> information and cooperation to grow the movement to protect areas, rather
> than have them paved over.

You do not have to keep doing it over and over ad infinitum. When you do so
you make yourself out as nothing but a stalker. Get your own posts going on
what you want and let Vandeman occasionally have the opportunity of
responding to you. How the hell can you be so unfair all the time? Are you
even an American? We Americans pride ourselves on our sense of fair play.

Vandeman can attack all he wants to and it is not your business to
regurgitate your boilerplate responses to his every utterance. Try not to be
nothing but a negative echo to him. You are too intelligent for that. Get
your own agenda and forget about him. I will read your messages and perhaps
even post some original ones of my own. RBS is being ruined by your rote
handful. Why is that when this should be the most invigorating of all the
newsgroups connected with cycling?

RBM is just chock full of idiots and I only go there to stir the pot. RBS
should be the heart and soul of cycling and yet it is the deadest of all the
cycling groups. Do you not feel any responsibility for this? I would like to
see RBS flourish with lots of intellectual stimulation concerning the world
of cycling. But how can that be when all anyone sees is yours and Vandeman's
posts forever on a single subject? Try not to be so crazy all the time!

I repeat, it is not necessary that you respond to Vandeman's every
utterance. In fact, it is insane for you to do this. No one else does this
kind of crazy nonsense except you. Stop with the scotch whiskey and get
focused on other things in life.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Such as our explanation for responding to Vandy's lies and misinformation
>> considering access, trails, conservation and off-road cycling?
>> Apparently, it is you who can not grasp the "explanation". My (and
>> others') posts to Vandy are in direct response to his attacks on an
>> activity that we enjoy and his posts also attempt to close all
>> communication beyond his narrow views on the topic. We only want to keep
>> that communication open for real information and cooperation to grow the
>> movement to protect areas, rather than have them paved over.

> You do not have to keep doing it over and over ad infinitum. When you do
> so you make yourself out as nothing but a stalker. Get your own posts
> going on what you want and let Vandeman occasionally have the opportunity
> of responding to you. How the hell can you be so unfair all the time? Are
> you even an American? We Americans pride ourselves on our sense of fair
> play.

Why not lead by example...? You haven't done anything but extend this thread
to see your own words.
From e. dolan on another thread: "Usenet is strictly for idiots, assholes
and jerks - positively no exceptions! When I am on Usenet I try to be the
biggest idiot, asshole and jerk of them all. I set the standard for one and
all. I believe I can state with absolute assurance that I am the Greatest
Idiot, the Greatest Asshole and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known
in its' long and dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every
time I post. Can't any of you poor bastards read?"

The same argument all over several threads... ? So doley can see his own
words? So he can try to convince nobody he is some kind of moderator?

This thread has died. Since "Impotence" best describes doley's presence,
that is where I'll be responding

> Vandeman can attack all he wants to and it is not your business to
> regurgitate your boilerplate responses to his every utterance. Try not to
> be nothing but a negative echo to him. You are too intelligent for that.
> Get your own agenda and forget about him. I will read your messages and
> perhaps even post some original ones of my own. RBS is being ruined by
> your rote responses. No one else seems to be on this newsgroup (RBS)
> except for a handful. Why is that when this should be the most
> invigorating of all the newsgroups connected with cycling?

If you want to discuss outdoor access on point, then do so. Crying "foul"
because you got stepped on clinging to Vandy's opinions is not my concern.
Dead thread. See "Impotence"..

> RBM is just chock full of idiots and I only go there to stir the pot. RBS
> should be the heart and soul of cycling and yet it is the deadest of all
> the cycling groups. Do you not feel any responsibility for this? I would
> like to see RBS flourish with lots of intellectual stimulation concerning
> the world of cycling. But how can that be when all anyone sees is yours
> and Vandeman's posts forever on a single subject? Try not to be so crazy
> all the time!
>
> I repeat, it is not necessary that you respond to Vandeman's every
> utterance. In fact, it is insane for you to do this. No one else does this
> kind of crazy nonsense except you. Stop with the scotch whiskey and get
> focused on other things in life.

See... you keep comparing me to you. Your tactics of conversation turned
around. And it takes the mental capacity of chewed gum to do it!
This thread is dead. Like playing ping-pong with a wall...
Since your posts have no consequence, I'll just keep it in the "Impotence"
thread.

> [...]

>> the cycling groups. Do you not feel any responsibility for this? I would
>> like to see RBS flourish with lots of intellectual stimulation concerning
>> the world of cycling. But how can that be when all anyone sees is yours
>> and Vandeman's posts forever on a single subject? Try not to be so crazy
>> all the time!
>>
>> I repeat, it is not necessary that you respond to Vandeman's every
>> utterance. In fact, it is insane for you to do this. No one else does
>> this kind of crazy nonsense except you. Stop with the scotch whiskey and
>> get focused on other things in life.

> See... you keep comparing me to you. Your tactics of conversation turned
> around. And it takes the mental capacity of chewed gum to do it!
> This thread is dead. Like playing ping-pong with a wall...
> Since your posts have no consequence, I'll just keep it in the "Impotence"

Curtiss is nothing but a stalker and a leech. Screw him all the way to Hell
and back!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

> I am going to defend Mr. Vandeman as best I can since all I see is a
> lot of numskull mountain bikers ganging up on him. My God, just
> because you are a mountain biker does not mean you have to be
> brainless.
>
> Unless you have a Ph.D., you are not really qualified to do research
> because you have not been trained to do it. Like most, you are
> confusing search with research. Those of us with higher educations
> know the difference.

Thanks Conan,
I went back and found this little jewel. What are your credentials
again?
Chris Foster
PhD Electrical Engineering
University of Illinois 1987