Re New nonsense about lowering cholesterol.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Nick, Nov 15, 2003.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    My dear friend, Robert:

    I was responding to the article, which was posted with my response, and was also on many major media
    outlets yesterday. If you want to make a point about LDL versus VLDL (I assume that's what you
    meant, but who knows in your case), be my guest. I can't recall ever posting here on that specific
    issue. As far as I can tell, if you avoid the free radical damage, everything else falls into place.
    If you do, eventually you might get what they used to call "hardening of the arteries" when you are
    in your 90's or older, which is much better than being diagnosed with CAD in your 40's or 50's,
    which is all too common these days. Your inability to focus on the issue at hand, and your
    propensity to link a person to arguments that he or she never made, is charming on some level, but
    is inappropriate in this newsgroup. There must be a newsgroup about string theory, so why don't you
    take your concerns about how coconut, black holes, etc., all fit together in a unified theory there.
    Of course, if there is a newsgroup specifically for the insane, you might want to look into it
    first, as it seems you truly belong there.

    Robert posted:

    "You chase one thing after another. What happened to the small versus large LDL particles where it
    isn't the amount of LDL but the size that matters. Let's see you go around in circles once more. How
    do oxysterols fit in with string theory in quantum mechanics? The answer is, "coconut oil"."

    Tags:

  2. Robert

    Robert Guest

    "nick" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:s_htb.38324$A%[email protected]...
    > My dear friend, Robert:
    >
    > I was responding to the article, which was posted with my response, and
    was
    > also on many major media outlets yesterday. If you want to make a point about LDL versus VLDL (I
    > assume that's what you meant, but who knows in
    your
    > case), be my guest.
    wrong dude. Unique lipoprotein phenotype and genotype associated with exceptional longevity. JAMA.
    2003 Oct 15;290(15):2030-40.

    CONCLUSIONS: Individuals with exceptional longevity and their offspring have significantly larger
    HDL and LDL particle sizes. This phenotype is associated with a lower prevalence of hypertension,
    cardiovascular disease, the metabolic syndrome, and increased homozygosity for the I405V variant in
    CETP. These findings suggest that lipoprotein particle sizes are heritable and promote a healthy
    aging phenotype.

    You are the expert guy, you see the small LDL are more susceptible to radical damage and can cause
    problems. So it is the small particle size LDL and not just all LDL as those individuals who
    genetically make large LDL can eat all the eggs they want any way they want. Keep on spining.