General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Open Challenges to All Science Bigots!

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 14 posts · 369 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 October 2004
Last activity
24 October 2004
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
14
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
369
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–14 of 14
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. It appears that we have another person here on the ng trying to connect
    dots with a spray gun.

    Quoted message said:

    It appears that all I have to do is tighten up my viewpoints by
    explicitly pointing out the strong connection to science with a few
    quotations, as follows.

    ---------
    Determinism is the philosophical theory that all phenomena are the
    result of antecedent conditions and, thus, that there is no free will.
    Natural health views determinism and free will as being mutually
    exclusive.

    "In the Christian tradition ... the belief hinges on a metaphysical
    belief in non-physical reality. The will is seen as a faculty of the
    soul or mind, which is understood as standing outside of the physical
    world and its governing laws. Hence, for many, a belief in materialism
    is taken to imply a denial of free will." (the Skeptic's Dictionary,
    http://skepdic.com/freewill.html)

    While opinions vary, there is a strong connection between the
    scientific wordview, determinism, and materialism. "The scientific
    doctrine of evolution has gone far towards obliterating the
    distinction between external and internal compulsion, e.g. motives,
    character and the like[, in support of a hard view of determinism]. In
    so far as man can be shown to be the product of, and a link in, a long
    chain of causal development, so far does it become impossible to
    regard him as self-determined."(1911 edition of the Encyclopedia
    Britannica, http://14.1911encyclopedia.org/D/DE/DETERMINISM.htm)

    For biomedicine, internal determining causes such as a person's
    neurochemical state is the key issue. The Natural Health ideology of
    free will holds that the scientific wordview always looks for material
    causes as the determinants of all human behavior due to its strong
    connection to materialism. In medicine, physicians always looks for
    material causes as the sole determinants of human illness. Medicine's
    biomedical model (The On-line Medical Dictionary,
    http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?biomedical+model) of illness
    totally discounts the existence of psychological factors in illness
    and in health.
    ---------
    John Gohde

  2. Quoted message said:


    It appears that we have another person here on the ng trying to connect
    dots with a spray gun.

    I think it serves as a model for his brain function. Kind of spattered
    all over the place. LOL...it's not that he's stupid that's so
    depressing but that he such an [censored] to boot. Poor guy.

    George M. Carter

  3. Quoted message said:

    It appears that we have another person here on the ng trying to connect
    dots with a spray gun.

    I am nolonger a regular here on these ngs because my web site became
    independent from the need to post here years ago. 🙂

    http://naturalhealthperspective.com/

    It has a Google pagerank of 6/10 and a Alexa traffic ranking of
    715,000.
    http://info.alexa.com/data/details?p=TBChrome_T_t_40_L1&amzn_id=alexa65-tb-20&url=http://contact.naturalhealthperspective.com/viewedby.html

    I am in the process of making a few slight changes to my web site
    design that should boost my Google pagerank to 7/10 and dramatically
    increase hits, of course.

    I connected the dots years ago. Now, I am filling them in with color.
    🙂
    --
    John Gohde

  4. Yes, you used to splash your web pages in every message, which some other
    trolls have practice in common, including a tactic to reply to most posts
    with useless childish retorts, the more to increase potential traffic in
    the cascade of responses it generated. . Which causes one pause to wonder
    if this latest flurry of disconnected/dismembered notions aren't a tactic
    also.

    "I am nolonger a regular here on these ngs because my web site
    becameindependent from the need to post here years ago. 🙂"

  5. "So, your point was?"

    Apparently confirmed, a pr tactic, with a possible build up to
    homopathetic "natural" science tout in progress.

  6. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "I am nolonger a regular here on these ngs because my web site
    becameindependent from the need to post here years ago. 🙂"

    Yes, you used to splash your web pages in every message, which some other
    trolls have practice in common, including a tactic to reply to most posts
    with useless childish retorts, the more to increase potential traffic in
    the cascade of responses it generated. . Which causes one pause to wonder
    if this latest flurry of disconnected/dismembered notions aren't a tactic
    also.

    Average successful requests per day: 562 in September 2004.

    Sep/ 1/04: 465: :
    Sep/ 2/04: 532:
    Sep/ 3/04: 419:
    Sep/ 4/04: 395:
    Sep/ 5/04: 351:
    Sep/ 6/04: 487:
    Sep/ 7/04: 556:
    Sep/ 8/04: 503:
    Sep/ 9/04: 520:
    Sep/10/04: 430:
    Sep/11/04: 418:
    Sep/12/04: 388:
    Sep/13/04: 648:
    Sep/14/04: 518:
    Sep/15/04: 571:
    Sep/16/04: 605:
    Sep/17/04: 441:
    Sep/18/04: 343:
    Sep/19/04: 374:
    Sep/20/04: 557:
    Sep/21/04: 719:
    Sep/22/04: 640:
    Sep/23/04: 600:
    Sep/24/04: 886:
    Sep/25/04: 505:
    Sep/26/04: 683:
    Sep/27/04: Mon 1109:
    Sep/28/04: Tues 1046:
    Sep/29/04: 588:
    Sep/30/04: 568:
    Oct/ 1/04: 437:
    Oct/ 2/04: 348:
    Oct/ 3/04: 346:
    Oct/ 4/04: 424: and counting

    So, your point was?
    --
    John Gohde

  7. Quoted message said:

    http://naturalhealthperspective.com/

    It has a Google pagerank of ... and a Alexa traffic ranking of
    715,000.
    http://info.alexa.com/data/details?p=TBChrome_T_t_40_L1&amzn_id=alexa65-tb-20&url=http://contact.naturalhealthperspective.com/viewedby.html

    I recently have discovered that my web site in Alexa under the
    Open Directory Project category of

    Quoted message said:

    Health > Alternative > Holistic and Integrated Medicine


    is ranked as the 6th most popular web site on the entire Internet. 🙂
    http://www.alexa.com/browse/general?catid=7318&mode=general

    Within the next six months I expect to move up to number 5 as I am
    adding a health blog as well as the Wikiproject on Alternative
    Medicine to my site.

    I created the Wikiproject on Alternative Medicine on another web site,
    and now I will simply copy it to my site under an open documentation
    license. This will mean another 30 or 40 web pages to my web site, at
    the very least.
    --
    John Gohde

  8. "I recently have discovered that my web site in Alexa under the
    Open Directory Project category of

    Quoted message said:

    Health > Alternative > Holistic and Integrated Medicine


    is ranked as the 6th most popular web site on the entire Internet. 🙂"

    By definition there is a sixth in every category, no matter how fringe or
    niche or wierd it may be. As noted before, your recent reappearence on
    the ng is related to resuming spam promoting activity for your web site.

  9. Quoted message said:

    As noted before, your recent reappearence on
    the ng is related to resuming spam promoting activity for your web site.

    Obviously, discussions about web site optimization in Goggle go way
    over your pea brain. I am not really surprised, since you know
    absolutely nothing about that whole foods web site you just introduced
    to smn.

    Tying to spam that site, Toad? I think you failed.

    Ha, ... Hah, Ha!
    --
    john gohde

  10. "Obviously, discussions about web site optimization in Goggle go way
    over your pea brain. I am not really surprised, since you know
    absolutely nothing about that whole foods web site you just introduced
    to smn.

    Tying to spam that site, Toad? I think you failed."

    Ah, confession time,"optimization", interpretation - learning how to
    manipulate the search rules in order to make it seem one's site is of more
    intrest then is reality. The food list was a in a news article, if
    recalled correctly, one of many covering a whole range of topics that I
    post on a regular basis; and not repeated postings and search enjine
    manipulation or repeated references in multiple posts on a list of
    crossposted newsgroups to generate traffic to one's web page. Speaking of
    which, a really outstanding exciting example of "so what's else is new"
    set of info , thank ya very much.

  11. Quoted message said:

    Ah, confession time,"optimization", interpretation - learning how to
    manipulate the search rules in order to make it seem one's site is of more
    intrest then is reality.

    Actually, I think that is the definition for a PhD. 🙂

    A doctor is a total idiot, just like you, who knows how to manipulate
    the system in order to make everybody else think that they are a lot
    smarter and more educated than they actually are. 🙁

    Now back to Google and Alexa. I find it interesting to observe the
    world around me. Apparently, scientists like you do NOT! You have my
    condolences, Mark. 🙁

    The #1 rated site at Alexa is now:
    http://www.holisticmed.com/
    with a score of 93,774.

    With http://nccam.nih.gov/ now in second place. This leads me to
    believe that Alexa is even more inaccurate than Google is.

    User Review for holisticmed.com at Amazon.com:
    "It is more than apparant that they have way too much time on there
    hands. If you are looking for facts I suggest skipping this "urban
    legend" site...and go straight to the source."

    I agree, completely. I looked at http://www.holisticmed.com/ and it
    contains mostly out of date garbage. It has a lot of web pages on
    Yahoo Groups and Newsgroups. So, how does this site rate a 93,774 and
    millions of hits?

    It seems to me, that the answer must be because it has a lot of web
    pages that contain a lot of keywords. My adding the project on
    alternative medicine to my web site should thus produce the same
    results, only with better quality information.

    While everyone marvels at Google, they are actually the party most
    responsible for dropping page content as the most important part of
    the rating process. When you do a search in Google, the results that
    show up first are from the most popular sites rather than from web
    pages with the most relevant page content. Thanks to Googles patented
    PageRank search algorithm.

    Now, thanks to Google, the name of the game is getting others to link
    to your home page. The more phony links you have, the higher you are
    rated. Page content means next to nothing.

    The situation is even more funny when you consider the number of
    advertisers and Spammers making big bucks off these two phony systems
    used by Google and Alexa.

    Just thought that you might want to know.
    --
    john gohde

  12. Quoted message said:

    I agree, completely. I looked at http://www.holisticmed.com/ and it
    contains mostly out of date garbage. It has a lot of web pages on
    Yahoo Groups and Newsgroups. So, how does this site rate a 93,774 and
    millions of hits?

    It seems to me, that the answer must be because it has a lot of web
    pages that contain a lot of keywords. My adding the project on
    alternative medicine to my web site should thus produce the same
    results, only with better quality information.

    I was the mastermind of the WikiProject on Alternative Medicine at
    Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

    I modeled this project after their project on Buddhism.

    I left these ngs for Wikipedia because the interaction between the
    editors was more interesting than these two dimensional ngs.
    Wikipedia is basically moderated by a bunch of science bigots. You
    people should really feel at home there. The science bigots at
    Wikipedia finally got around to lobotomizing the WikiProject on
    Alternative Medicine. But, thanks to the GNU free documentation
    project a dozen or so mirror sites are still carrying the project as I
    had originally designed the interface (after the project on Buddhism).
    These mirror sites were created by others, not to promote free
    encyclopedias on the web as Jimbo 'the Bimbo' claims to be promoting,
    but because these mirror sites are an easy way to build up PageRank
    and attract the hits that sells advertising

    So, you guys should thank Wikipedia, for keeping me busy for several
    months. Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

    Besides me, quite a few other editors worked on the project. Most
    notably an expert on Traditional Chinese Medicine organized all the
    material on TCM. So, the material is actually quite good and slanted
    towards a very dry science viewpoint.

    I am almost finished redesigning the interface to what I am calling a
    dictionary on alternative medicine. Calling it a dictionary should
    really [censored] the bigots at Wikipedia. My interface will end up
    being about 200K in size. So, I will split it up into 3 or 4 separate
    web pages. Virtually every keyword remotely related to alternative
    medicine will be on these pages. My dictionary will be quite unique
    as it is a consolidation of 4 separate indexes at Wikipedia.

    Then at my leisure, I can gradually translate selected articles
    removing their science bias. Ha, ... Hah, Ha! The advantage being
    that since these articles are already written, adding more web pages
    will be very easy to do.

    Instead of wasting time fighting with those science bigots at
    Wikipedia, I will be spending my time improving my website selecting
    from thousands of older versions of their articles. The idiots at
    Wikipedia are still wasting their time making endless changes to all
    their articles.
    --
    john gohde

  13. Such already exists, as do other large such databases.

    "I am almost finished redesigning the interface to what I am calling a
    dictionary on alternative medicine. Calling it a dictionary should"

  14. Quoted message said:

    Such already exists, as do other large such databases.

    "I am almost finished redesigning the interface to what I am calling a
    dictionary on alternative medicine. Calling it a dictionary should"

    Really?

    A-holes like you are a dime a dozen too. But, that don't stop the
    universities from cranking out more idiots each year.

    You have my condolences, Toad.
    --
    john gohde

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.