Re: OT A bit of a shock

Duncan Gray

Guest
"Sniper8052(L96A1)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Result:
> Banned: Drink drive:
> Residual Points/Fine: Failure to stop...Cyclist had reported accident,
> damage to cycle.
> Residual Points/Fine: Driving without due care
> Residual Points/Fine: Speeding
> Ordered to take retest before licence returned.
>
> I love it when a plan comes together and you should have seen his face.
> Not a happy bunny and I guess I won't be on his Christmas list.

Some days just make it all worthwhile...

Best one I had was when I was on motorway patrol. One quiet Sunday morning
we spotted a really old but immaculate artic and gave it a pull to check
documents, but mostly just to have a look at the truck.

The cab door opened and there was an immediate strong smell of drink. A
positive test followed and a trip to jail. Much later in the day I
eventually managed to get a true identity for the driver - several life
bans, five previous drink driving convictions, one for causing death by
dangerous driving, just released from a six month sentence for disqualified
driving....

Duncan Gray wrote:
> "Sniper8052(L96A1)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>Result:
>>Banned: Drink drive:
>>Residual Points/Fine: Failure to stop...Cyclist had reported accident,
>>damage to cycle.
>>Residual Points/Fine: Driving without due care
>>Residual Points/Fine: Speeding
>>Ordered to take retest before licence returned.
>>
>>I love it when a plan comes together and you should have seen his face.
>> Not a happy bunny and I guess I won't be on his Christmas list.

> Some days just make it all worthwhile...
>
> Best one I had was when I was on motorway patrol. One quiet Sunday morning
> we spotted a really old but immaculate artic and gave it a pull to check
> documents, but mostly just to have a look at the truck.
>
> The cab door opened and there was an immediate strong smell of drink. A
> positive test followed and a trip to jail. Much later in the day I
> eventually managed to get a true identity for the driver - several life
> bans, five previous drink driving convictions, one for causing death by
> dangerous driving, just released from a six month sentence for disqualified
> driving....

Some people: Did you hear the one about the twice on ban driver who
stole his girlfriends car to do a spot of taxi touting, was three times
over the limit and then had no address? Turned out he had...was sub
letting it from the council whilst claiming housing benefit and council
tax rebates, having his mail forwarded by the post office to his
girlfriends address whilst claiming unemployment benefit at both
addresses and she was claiming unemployment and single parent benefits
from her address even though he lived there all the time! Not only that
but they then both handed me a box containing everything I needed to
prove all the offences, conspiracy fraud, etc... just to prove he had an
address suitable for bail! No wonder she signed the pre-written
statement I had for her stating the car was stolen as she clearly would
not have given her permission had he asked to use it. Fine upstanding
citizen that she clearly was...Not.

Sniper8052