Re: Paris-Roubaix rims?

> > wonder what the breakdown would be on use of regular road tires?

> > was Hincapie's broken rim the only breakage of that rim?

> Ballan's 28mm tubulars were pretty close to the road bike version of
> those!

calls for a street formula. a relevant street formula. not an
irrelevant carbon formula
tied to a street price ceiling for replica sales.
sell more than or more profit than top end carbon replica Tour
racers ??

whaddya say Ligget ?

IMAGINe every framebuilder has a shot at a worldbeater design from
Phil to The Plumber
AND
we all can afford owning and riding a Tour winner at $1800
not only owning but riding a solid dependable racer.
not a silhouette but the real bike same as Boonen's !

INCROYABLE !

In article
<26e3b7c2-050a-40f5-b496-5b9d009c2ded@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:

> IMAGINe every framebuilder has a shot at a worldbeater design from
> Phil to The Plumber
> AND
> we all can afford owning and riding a Tour winner at $1800
> not only owning but riding a solid dependable racer.
> not a silhouette but the real bike same as Boonen's !
>
> INCROYABLE !

Change your number to $4000, and you're pretty much there. What's the
biggie?

Boonen's bikes tend to be special, but more the half the peloton (and
many past Roubaix winners) are riding on bikes that are either
off-the-shelf or not particularly magical (maybe a custom Litespeed
here, or a boutique steel frame there).

Prototype parts are another matter, but that's as much about
pre-production testing, and the real protos usually only go on the bikes
of no-hopers.

In article
<d9647968-b5cb-4930-a170-474ca03ced6b@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?a=b&minisite=10029&spid=22242&lan
> guage=US
>
> $7000
>
> ASO GOES NASCAR plus one
>
> rule ALL bikes ridden legal cost no more than $1500.
> every bike comes off the LBS floor.
>
> hey, if you're going there do it right?
>
> root solid for the home team no fantasy Tour BS.

I think you're solving a problem that doesn't exist.

Two basic facts:

-Amateur riders are usually riding way more bike than is likely to
matter. I remember a supremely talented guy in our club who won climbing
races about two years ago while riding a 6-speed Pinarello that had to
weigh more than 20 pounds. All the guys with 17-pound bikes had no
excuse.

-In most road races, the pound or three on the bike doesn't matter. It
is just possible the costly front aero wheels matter enough to care
about. But probably only at the 1/2/pro level.

-Even at the amateur level, riders fast and skinny enough to justify
16-18 pound bikes virtually never have to pay list, and often don't pay
at all for their bikes. The local riding scene runs about 200 riders in
all fields on a big race day, and of those, there are about 25-40 Cat
1/2 riders who simply aren't paying anything for their bikes, and
virtually any of the other riders (including pathetic me) could easily
get a substantial discount off of MSRP through their team's bike sponsor.

-for better or for worse, technological trickle-down happens fast. This
year's 105 looks a lot like 2006 Dura-Ace plus 100 grams. Either way, it
means that ordinary $1500 bikes these days look a lot like not-very-old
doctor/lawyer bikes that cost $7000 new.

> Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/

"Gerolsteiner is selling beer to beer drinkers, and Specialized is
selling bicycles to bike riders"

GNaw. ASO is wannabe NASCAR. One does not sell bicycles, one sells a
lifestyle.
So if Lance wins ona bike you or rather they can afford, their life
exeprience is penetrated. then they can be sold other stuff like
gerolsteiner.
you sell their dumbness snort ahhh short
Ima baseball fan. NYY. NYY fans recently attacked a new pitcher who
was given the number of an old pitcher now an announcer. That
infuriated a large enough number of nuts that the harrassment rose to
a level the new guy had to change the number.
like they'd buy a vegiematic with PHIL BROWN CYCLES TOUR DE WINNER
decaled onto the bottle

lookit the mirror.
ura lifestyle.
lookit the perspective !!!!!!!!!!!

youse guys get free bikes ???????
ura pullin muh leg

datakoll wrote:
> "Gerolsteiner is selling beer to beer drinkers

Gerolsteiner is mineral water, Warsteiner is beer ("Die Königin unter
den Bieren!").

In article <[email protected]>,
Ted van de Weteringe <[email protected]> wrote:

> datakoll wrote:
> > "Gerolsteiner is selling beer to beer drinkers

> Gerolsteiner is mineral water, Warsteiner is beer ("Die Königin unter
> den Bieren!").

Oh shoot!

Thanks Ted. That is NOT a mistake I'd like to make.

Coulda been the whiskey, mighta been the gin...

try four of the green ones, you'll climb like a rocket emgine...

but you're clear if your DNA's like mine
but first lets get on our knees and pray...

On Apr 24, 8:19 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> but you're clear if your DNA's like mine
> but first lets get on our knees and pray...

If the parade is headed in this direction then WHY NOT equalize the
bikes to a common demominator making both design and bike available to
the COMMON man on the showroom floor. ??

UNITE WITH THY ROOTS !!

"Dear lord, smite the minority drivers, the ******* if any got in, the
mexican GP driver, the englishmen..."

In article
<a70e1334-cb2e-4af1-9df7-2dbb4d678e67@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Apr 24, 8:19 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> > but you're clear if your DNA's like mine
> > but first lets get on our knees and pray...

> If the parade is headed in this direction then WHY NOT equalize the
> bikes to a common demominator making both design and bike available to
> the COMMON man on the showroom floor. ??

The bikes are already available, and bike makers are about the last
sposors bike racing still has.

On Apr 24, 8:28 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <a70e1334-cb2e-4af1-9df7-2dbb4d678...@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Apr 24, 8:19 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > but you're clear if your DNA's like mine
> > > but first lets get on our knees and pray...

> > If the parade is headed in this direction then WHY NOT equalize the
> > bikes to a common demominator making both design and bike available to
> > the COMMON man on the showroom floor. ??

> The bikes are already available, and bike makers are about the last
> sposors bike racing still has.
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
> "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."

Ryan, as a general rule, the common man description excludes racer
types. You think in carbon. The CM thinks in what's left over.
The chain group points out 10 speeds are not CM level thinking either.

The drug problem, ignoring the Tommyknocker excess for the moment,
varies with the CM. More CM or common denominator, more pressure to
eliminate drug performance. Less CD, more room to experiment as the
sport tends toward a club level niche.

There's room to financially exploit the direction.

One may pray to a $89 lit from inside crystalline model of Junior's
latest ride wearing...

while cheering the mob as it takes out the mexican in the tunnel.

ugliness is money