On Nov 2, 11:32 am, "Leo Lichtman" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
"Ken Roberts" wrote: While "tacking" to climb up a steep hill, I found some
moves different from normal cycling to help me get up the hill easier: swinging my shoulders sideways up the hill, and using my arms to "sweep" my wheels directly sideways toward down the hill. (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I recently saw a guy going up a hill on a scooter doing something like this. This was not a normal scooter--it was V shaped, with one front wheel and two rear wheels, and he had one foot on each side of the V. He did not touch the ground with his feet at all, so the propulsion HAD to come from the way he was tacking and throwing his body weight back and forth.
On Nov 2, 11:32 am, "Leo Lichtman" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
"Ken Roberts" wrote: While "tacking" to climb up a steep hill, I found some
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
moves different from normal cycling to help me get up the hill easier: swinging my shoulders sideways up the hill, and using my arms to "sweep" my wheels directly sideways toward down the hill. (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I recently saw a guy going up a hill on a scooter doing something like this. This was not a normal scooter--it was V shaped, with one front wheel and two rear wheels, and he had one foot on each side of the V. He did not touch the ground with his feet at all, so the propulsion HAD to come from the way he was tacking and throwing his body weight back and forth.
And some people complain about recumbent trikes taking up too much width on the MUP! The riders of the Trikke are taking up about twice the width.
-- Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?- Hide quoted text -
- Show quoted text -
You realize of course that your statement is simply a variation on the classic "I'm not as bad as so and so". Personally, I have no major issue with trikes or even those four person pedal carriages they rent down at Navy Pier. Some do yield the right of way to others. I just wish they all did.