rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: RTL Poll: Which wheel will win the Crit?

Started by siafirede · · Last activity · 2 posts · 437 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
24 June 2008
Last activity
24 June 2008
Original author
siafirede
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
437
Views / 30 days
6
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Chuck is by far the fastest rider I have seen. I wonder if he would
    have blew everyone away on the Criterium as much as he did if he did
    not lead the pack. It had to have been hard to cut the corners on the
    geared 36 with other riders around, how was cornering for you Corbin?
    I held back some on the corners when other people were ahead of me or
    next to me, but on a few corners when no one was around I took them
    quite sharply and didnt loose any speed.

    Who were the riders in the 3rd heat who fell on a corner? I heard
    someone behind me fall on the sharp corner (the second one) and
    supposively someone else fell on a corner on the 3rd heat as well. I
    am curious as to what they were riding.

    1) chuck with geared 36 <---I didn't see him at all the entire crit!
    2) vincent with geared 29
    3) tony with geared 29
    4) me with geared 29
    5) corbin with geared 36

    Gears definitely dominated the Crit.

    It looks like geared 29 was a good option for the criterium, I had no
    problem cornering, the only tough section where I slowed a little bit
    was the rough stretch after the first corner. Corbin and I were
    battling for position on the last 3 laps or so, and he usually got
    ahead of me on that bumpy section because I think the 36er rolled
    smoother over it.

    I was a little scared of the Crit at first, but after it got going I
    was having a blast. Wednesday was a great break from the stages and a
    lot of fun.

    --
    siafirede

    TEAM GOONIES - GUARANTEED TO FINISH THE #1 TEAM IN RTL
    'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
    Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
    *James* = my name | 'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    siafirede's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6057
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70540

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. The crit really was fun. I was on a fixie 36 but still did pretty well I
    think. There were times when I could have been riding harder but there
    were too many people in my way!

    what I did notice from my vantage point was that people on geared unis
    were taking turns way wide, whereas I could actually stay on the far
    inside loop to corner, and just try not to whack my head off a
    telephone pole when I leaned to turn 🙂

    I think anyone who was in that race will have a huge advantage over
    others in terms of experience whenever another one happens.

    --
    flyer
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70540

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.