Re: sizing disc brakes

Peter B

Guest
"Caher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Hi all,
> I would like to upgrade my disc brakes (Hope's Mini Mono being the
> favourite at the moment) but do not know which size rotor I should get
> - how is this size dictated? Are there any other measurements that I'd
> need to know to upgrade?

I weigh 80kg and have been using a 165mm front, 180mm rear with Mini Monos
for a year and have had no problems descending in the Lake district, Peak
district and various Welsh venues in all weathers using the standard
sintered pads.
A lighter friend fitted some unsintered (organic?) pads to the rear of his
original Minis and cooked 'em good and proper descending from Walna Scar
Road into Coniston, be warned!

Pete