Re: Timeline of a preplanned flame war

Tim McNamara

Guest
In article
<[email protected]>,
Andre Jute <[email protected]> wrote:

> Tom Sherman wrote: "Mr. Jute's post was a troll in that it did
> attempt to lead people down the wrong path. However, Mr. Fogel has
> some history on this newsgroup of coming to the wrong conclusions,
> but never admitting his error."
>
> I don't think there is a troll here, Tom. The dates and times show
> that Carl Fogel called me a liar before I could even answer
> questions:
>
> Andre Jute Jan 23, 12:34 am (in the thread "Chalo among the fashion
> victims and other impressionables" (1)): "Gazelle Toulouse ... I've
> done well over 100Km/h on that bike, going downhill of course."
>
> Clive George Jan 23, 5.20pm: "That's pretty fast - what hill?"
>
> Andre Jute Jan 23, 5:42 pm: "Not a famous hill. A tarmacadam farm
> lane."
>
> Clive George Jan 23, 6:09 pm: "Whereabouts is it?"
>
> Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:00 pm, less than an hour later calls me a liar
> without waiting for my reply to Clive: "I'm not surprised that you
> got no real answer beyond that vague tarmacadam farm lane that only
> one farmer uses, continent unspecified...etc"
>
> Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:43 pm, only an hour and a half after Clive asked
> his question, and still without waiting for my reply, repeats the
> accusation that I'm a liar: "And I'd still be pleased to find that my
> skepticism is wrong and that there is a paved farm lane long enough
> and steep enough for that kind of bike to do well over 100 kmh."

That's not actually an accusation that you are a liar, Jute. You chose
to interpret it as such in order to bang your little drum and puff
yourself up. It's too bad Tom inserted himself into your pathetic
psychodrama for reasons of his own.

However, be that as it may, you clearly have nothing to offer this
newsgroup and thus you may be happily ignored. Adieu, Jute.

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:53:41 -0600, Tim McNamara wrote:

> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> Andre Jute <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Tom Sherman wrote: "Mr. Jute's post was a troll in that it did
>> attempt to lead people down the wrong path. However, Mr. Fogel has
>> some history on this newsgroup of coming to the wrong conclusions,
>> but never admitting his error."
>>
>> I don't think there is a troll here, Tom. The dates and times show
>> that Carl Fogel called me a liar before I could even answer
>> questions:
>>
>> Andre Jute Jan 23, 12:34 am (in the thread "Chalo among the fashion
>> victims and other impressionables" (1)): "Gazelle Toulouse ... I've
>> done well over 100Km/h on that bike, going downhill of course."
>>
>> Clive George Jan 23, 5.20pm: "That's pretty fast - what hill?"
>>
>> Andre Jute Jan 23, 5:42 pm: "Not a famous hill. A tarmacadam farm
>> lane."
>>
>> Clive George Jan 23, 6:09 pm: "Whereabouts is it?"
>>
>> Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:00 pm, less than an hour later calls me a liar
>> without waiting for my reply to Clive: "I'm not surprised that you
>> got no real answer beyond that vague tarmacadam farm lane that only
>> one farmer uses, continent unspecified...etc"
>>
>> Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:43 pm, only an hour and a half after Clive asked
>> his question, and still without waiting for my reply, repeats the
>> accusation that I'm a liar: "And I'd still be pleased to find that my
>> skepticism is wrong and that there is a paved farm lane long enough
>> and steep enough for that kind of bike to do well over 100 kmh."

> That's not actually an accusation that you are a liar, Jute. You chose
> to interpret it as such in order to bang your little drum and puff
> yourself up. It's too bad Tom inserted himself into your pathetic
> psychodrama for reasons of his own.
>
> However, be that as it may, you clearly have nothing to offer this
> newsgroup and thus you may be happily ignored. Adieu, Jute.

"Too easily annoyed" - a sin of old, but still a frequent occurence.