General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Tuna and Mercury

Started by John Sankey · · Last activity · 9 posts · 367 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
24 August 2005
Last activity
25 August 2005
Original author
John Sankey
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
367
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. You can find links to mercury content and consumption guidelines at
    http://sankey.ws/dietref.html
    I pretty well stick to frozen Alaska pink salmon for my meat.
    Ecologically sustainable as well as being as low in pollutants
    as just about any fish on the planet.

  2. _____/ On Wednesday 24 August 2005 15:02, [John Sankey] wrote : \_____

    Quoted message said:


    You can find links to mercury content and consumption guidelines at
    http://sankey.ws/dietref.html
    I pretty well stick to frozen Alaska pink salmon for my meat.
    Ecologically sustainable as well as being as low in pollutants
    as just about any fish on the planet.

    Thanks John. I have bookmarked the page. You page provides some answers to
    the questions that preyed on my mind. I am worried that my diet, which
    incorporates a lot of tuna, might have some damaging long-term effects. I
    am trying to learn a little more about how to reduce the risk.

    Roy

  3. Roy Schestowitz said:


    Thanks John. I have bookmarked the page. You page provides some answers to
    the questions that preyed on my mind. I am worried that my diet, which
    incorporates a lot of tuna, might have some damaging long-term effects. I
    am trying to learn a little more about how to reduce the risk.

    Why don't you get tested for heavy metal tocixity?

    Here's a sample:
    http://www.doctorsdata.com/docs/pdf/ut.pdf

    There are ways to detoxify from this [censored], if necessary.

  4. What about the canned Red sockeye Alaskan salmon? Seems the reports on
    that are still good.

    Quoted message said:

    I pretty well stick to frozen Alaska pink salmon for my meat.
    Ecologically sustainable as well as being as low in pollutants
    as just about any fish on the planet.

  5. Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    : I am worried that my diet,
    : which incorporates a lot of tuna, might have some damaging
    : long-term effects. I am trying to learn a little more about how to
    : reduce the risk.

    There is very little fat left in canned tuna. Salmon, small mackerel and
    sardines are better choices as they are higher in EPA and DHA and lower in
    mercury.

    --
    Juhana

  6. _____/ On Wednesday 24 August 2005 17:11, [Just Cocky] wrote : \_____

    Quoted message said:
    Roy Schestowitz said:


    Thanks John. I have bookmarked the page. You page provides some answers to
    the questions that preyed on my mind. I am worried that my diet, which
    incorporates a lot of tuna, might have some damaging long-term effects. I
    am trying to learn a little more about how to reduce the risk.

    Why don't you get tested for heavy metal tocixity?

    Here's a sample:
    http://www.doctorsdata.com/docs/pdf/ut.pdf

    There are ways to detoxify from this [censored], if necessary.

    Thank you for the answer. It was very useful as well as re-assuring.

    Roy

  7. Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    : _____/ On Wednesday 24 August 2005 17:11, [Just Cocky] wrote : \_____
    :
    :: On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:36:57 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
    :: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::
    ::: Thanks John. I have bookmarked the page. You page provides some
    ::: answers to the questions that preyed on my mind. I am worried that
    ::: my diet, which incorporates a lot of tuna, might have some damaging
    ::: long-term effects. I am trying to learn a little more about how to
    ::: reduce the risk.
    :::
    ::
    :: Why don't you get tested for heavy metal tocixity?
    ::
    :: Here's a sample:
    :: http://www.doctorsdata.com/docs/pdf/ut.pdf
    ::
    :: There are ways to detoxify from this [censored], if necessary.
    :
    : Thank you for the answer. It was very useful as well as re-assuring.

    Why do you eat tuna after all?

    --
    Juhana

  8. ___/ On Thursday 25 August 2005 06:46, [Juhana Harju] wrote : \___

    Quoted message said:

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    : ___/ On Wednesday 24 August 2005 17:11, [Just Cocky] wrote : \___
    :
    :: On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:36:57 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
    :: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::
    ::: Thanks John. I have bookmarked the page. You page provides some
    ::: answers to the questions that preyed on my mind. I am worried that
    ::: my diet, which incorporates a lot of tuna, might have some damaging
    ::: long-term effects. I am trying to learn a little more about how to
    ::: reduce the risk.
    :::
    ::
    :: Why don't you get tested for heavy metal tocixity?
    ::
    :: Here's a sample:
    :: http://www.doctorsdata.com/docs/pdf/ut.pdf
    ::
    :: There are ways to detoxify from this [censored], if necessary.
    :
    : Thank you for the answer. It was very useful as well as re-assuring.

    Why do you eat tuna after all?

    Low fat; high protein; quick to serve from a tin. Mercury is probably the
    only worrisome factor.

    Roy

  9. Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    : ___/ On Thursday 25 August 2005 06:46, [Juhana Harju] wrote : \___
    :: Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    ::: ___/ On Wednesday 24 August 2005 17:11, [Just Cocky] wrote : \___
    :::: On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:36:57 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
    :::: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::::
    ::::: Thanks John. I have bookmarked the page. You page provides some
    ::::: answers to the questions that preyed on my mind. I am worried that
    ::::: my diet, which incorporates a lot of tuna, might have some
    ::::: damaging long-term effects. I am trying to learn a little more
    ::::: about how to reduce the risk.
    ::::
    :::: Why don't you get tested for heavy metal tocixity?
    :::
    ::: Thank you for the answer. It was very useful as well as re-assuring.
    ::
    :: Why do you eat tuna after all?
    :
    : Low fat; high protein; quick to serve from a tin. Mercury is probably
    : the only worrisome factor.

    Why should it be low in fat? Fat in fish is healthy; it contains EPA, DHA
    and DPA.

    --
    Juhana

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.