Re: Usenet is fatally flawed according to Ed Dolan the Great

Tom Keats

JimmyMac <[email protected]> writes:

> I believe I can state with
> absolute assurance that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole
> and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known in its' long and
> dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every time I post.
> Can't any of you poor bastards read?"

You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.

Y'see: Ed is just being /you/. Mockingly "doing" you
(and me and everybody else,) anyway. Talk, talk, talk.
There's a mouldy-oldy Rock 'n Roll song called just that:
"Talk Talk" (Alice Cooper covered it nicely in his
Flush The Fashion album.)

I suggest you chill, take a deep breath, and enjoy
what's left of your life. And enjoy Ed's pronouncements
from a different approach. There's a word -- I'm not sure
if its "humility" or "humbleness", but it has to do with
not trying to stand taller than we really are. And a
bunch of words makes a lousy platform to stand on. That's
what Ed's been trying to get through your thick skull.
Standing on soapboxes and spouting-off drivel is a waste
of time, even if it momentarily makes you feel good, like
some kind of drug. You're tripping over your own ego like
loose shoelaces, because Ed affronts your ego.

Screw ego.

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow."
-- George Clinton

At any rate, I'd really appreciate it if you'd just shuddup
and stop clogging my diskspace.

klahowya,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
> Before you open your yap, and embarrass yourself, you should get your
> facts straight. I happen to also enjoy wine, but not the cheap ****
> you drink, whiskey, rum, gin, etc.

Only the Irish variety, and not Scottish, of distilled grain alcohol?

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

Tom Keats wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> JimmyMac <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
>> insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
> involved with real bikes....

Nice troll.

I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Keats wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> JimmyMac <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>>> Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
>>> insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

>> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
>> involved with real bikes....

> Nice troll.
>
> I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
of the stuff.

On Nov 3, 6:40 am, "gotbent" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > Tom Keats wrote:

> >> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
> >> involved with real bikes....

> > Nice troll.

> > I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> > When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

> Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
> of the stuff.

Getbent gotbent. In fact, I have ridden my recumbetn only ne m

On Nov 3, 6:40 am, "gotbent" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > Tom Keats wrote:

> >> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
> >> involved with real bikes....

> > Nice troll.

> > I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> > When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

> Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
> of the stuff.

Getbent gotbent. In fact, I have ridden my recumbetn only ne m

On Nov 3, 6:40 am, "gotbent" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > Tom Keats wrote:

> >> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
> >> involved with real bikes....

> > Nice troll.

> > I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> > When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

> Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
> of the stuff.

Getbent gotbent. In fact, I have ridden my recumbetn only ne m

On Nov 3, 6:40 am, "gotbent" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > Tom Keats wrote:

> >> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
> >> involved with real bikes....

> > Nice troll.

> > I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> > When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

> Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
> of the stuff.

Getbet gotbent. In fact, I've ridden 5500 miles ridden since March...
1187 on my recumbent and rest (the majority) on my upright (real
bike).

Jim McNamara

On Nov 3, 6:40 am, "gotbent" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > Tom Keats wrote:

> >> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
> >> involved with real bikes....

> > Nice troll.

> > I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> > When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

> Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
> of the stuff.

Getbet gotbent. In fact, I've ridden 5500 miles ridden since March...
1187 on my recumbent and rest (the majority) on my upright (real
bike).

Jim McNamara

On Nov 3, 6:40 am, "gotbent" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > Tom Keats wrote:

> >> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
> >> involved with real bikes....

> > Nice troll.

> > I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> > When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

> Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
> of the stuff.

Getbet gotbent. In fact, I've ridden 5500 miles ridden since March...
1187 on my recumbent and rest (the majority) on my upright (real
bike).

Jim McNamara

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:19:39 -0600, Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>> JimmyMac may not be a drunkard, but as a Chicagoan, I bet he has been
>>> on LSD plenty of times [1]!
>>> [1] Sample LSD trip at <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdDS7ILVYs>.

>> Merle Haggard ["We don't take our trips on LSD"] does what? rides down
>> Astor to Division, jogs over to State, Rush to Chicago then south on
>> Columbus I suppose? Still not much of a ride as there's no Ravenswood
>> equivalent over there.

>Except for "Bike the Drive", LSD is off limits to cyclists, most of whom
>use the lake front path [1].
>
>[1] I am normally not much of a MUP person, but we could use a lake
>front MUP here in Beer City, since there is pitifully little public lake
>front access. :(

The Burnham Plan is probably one of the best examples of socially
conscious urban planning in American history.
Too bad cars have mostly destroyed "Paris on the Prairie"
--
zk

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> [...]
>> [1] I am normally not much of a MUP person, but we could use a lake front
>> MUP here in Beer City, since there is pitifully little public lake front
>> access.

> Beer City - Milwaukee?

Where else?

Tradition is the worst rational for action.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> [...]
>> [1] I am normally not much of a MUP person, but we could use a lake front
>> MUP here in Beer City, since there is pitifully little public lake front
>> access.

> Beer City - Milwaukee?

Where else?

Tradition is the worst rational for action.

"dgk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]
> If saintliness means not having sex, like Ed, then I think I'll have
> to take a pass.

It is OK to have sex solely for the purpose of procreation. Any other
purpose is a mortal sin and deserving of everlasting hell fire.

I urge you to read the lives of the Saints. There you will discover all you
will ever need to know about Saintliness.

By the way, it is better to marry than to burn, but the single life is best.
It is why the Roman Catholic Church is as great as it used to be. A married
clergy is an abomination, something that only heretical Protestants are
capable of. Well, let's face it, not everyone can be a Great Saint like ME!

Regards,