Re: What's the best chain cleaner & degreaser?

taywood

Guest
Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please may I ask your advice? What's the best device for cleaning
> mountain bike chains? I'd like it to be cheap and to work without me
> having to take the chain off.

So where do you ride?
Riding around the park or the city car parks gets a lot less **** on the
chain than riding on a volcanic sandy beach or a moorland track with
black peaty boggy stretches full of granite particles.

People who ride on the latter tend to alternate two chains every couple of
months, one which is cleaned on the bike after every ride and a second
which gets the full monty of degreasing and relubing off bike ready for the
next changeover.
Removing chains these days is so simple with the removable links.
TW