Re: Your relationships with Lance Armstrong

[email protected] wrote:

> you don't HAVE a relationship with celebrities,
> unless you count reading US weekly, wearing
> a bracelet, and watching the INSIDER a
> relationship,

Not much of a relationship, but I got to attack him at the Tuesday
Nighter in Austin, in April of 2001. He was in town for RFtR (back when
it was in the spring). The whole pack was being kind of lame with him
in the lead, just warming up. Very boring.

I figured, hey, when else will I have an opportunity to attack Lance.
Off I go with a friend. We buzzed him at about 35 mph, looked back and
the whole pack had exploded to catch us. 40 seconds later, a 50-person
long single-file string of riders cruised past me, with Lance at the
front.

Warm-up was over at that point. I hopped in about 20 places back and
held on for dear life.

I actually beat him that day, as he flatted :)

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> you don't HAVE a relationship with celebrities,
>> unless you count reading US weekly, wearing
>> a bracelet, and watching the INSIDER a
>> relationship,

> Not much of a relationship, but I got to attack him at the Tuesday
> Nighter in Austin, in April of 2001. He was in town for RFtR (back when
> it was in the spring). The whole pack was being kind of lame with him
> in the lead, just warming up. Very boring.
>
> I figured, hey, when else will I have an opportunity to attack Lance.
> Off I go with a friend. We buzzed him at about 35 mph, looked back and
> the whole pack had exploded to catch us. 40 seconds later, a 50-person
> long single-file string of riders cruised past me, with Lance at the
> front.
>
> Warm-up was over at that point. I hopped in about 20 places back and
> held on for dear life.
>
> I actually beat him that day, as he flatted :)

OK Forrest Gump

A quick google groups search for your name turns up that, yep, it's
official, you're an a$$hole. I was questioning it momentarily.

Here's to hoping you have a flat the next time you take your bike of
the wall...

Frank Drackman wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > [email protected] wrote:
> >
> >> you don't HAVE a relationship with celebrities,
> >> unless you count reading US weekly, wearing
> >> a bracelet, and watching the INSIDER a
> >> relationship,

> > Not much of a relationship, but I got to attack him at the Tuesday
> > Nighter in Austin, in April of 2001. He was in town for RFtR (back when
> > it was in the spring). The whole pack was being kind of lame with him
> > in the lead, just warming up. Very boring.
> >
> > I figured, hey, when else will I have an opportunity to attack Lance.
> > Off I go with a friend. We buzzed him at about 35 mph, looked back and
> > the whole pack had exploded to catch us. 40 seconds later, a 50-person
> > long single-file string of riders cruised past me, with Lance at the
> > front.
> >
> > Warm-up was over at that point. I hopped in about 20 places back and
> > held on for dear life.
> >
> > I actually beat him that day, as he flatted :)

> OK Forrest Gump

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>A quick google groups search for your name turns up that, yep, it's
> official, you're an a$$hole. I was questioning it momentarily.
>
> Here's to hoping you have a flat the next time you take your bike of
> the wall...

Sorry that I offended you, it was a bad attempt at a joke.

Frank Drackman wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >A quick google groups search for your name turns up that, yep, it's
> > official, you're an a$$hole. I was questioning it momentarily.
> >
> > Here's to hoping you have a flat the next time you take your bike of
> > the wall...
> >

> Sorry that I offended you, it was a bad attempt at a joke.

Dumbass -

The joke was fine.

Someone talking about beating LANCE (or any other racer) in a training
race, regardless of whether or not he flatted, is pretty lame. yawn.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Someone talking about beating LANCE (or any other racer) in a training
> race, regardless of whether or not he flatted, is pretty lame. yawn.

First, I have no illusions of being faster than Lance. I didn't even
make the first selection, and didn't expect to be able to.

But why do people like yourself always assume that just because it's
training, nobody was going fast? Is there something about an entry fee
or the chance to win a free bike tube that legitimizes a race?

What about TdG for Lance? That was clearly a race, but for him it was
just a training race. It doesn't mean he wasn't going hard or others
weren't excited to beat him. Are they all lame for beating Lance or any
other racer in a training race?

If enough people show up to an event with the intention of winning,
then it's a competition, and it's legitimate. Just because some people
want to get some speed work or pack cornering practice doesn't
eliminate a legitimate competition at the front of the pack.

It's not the same as going out for a short TT training ride, and
passing Lance during cooldown after a 6-hour ride, and claiming to have
dusted him.

Water Rock,
Nice story, funny, and all of that.

Good post. -Ken

[email protected] wrote in news:1123531239.416126.65780
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>
>> Someone talking about beating LANCE (or any other racer) in a training
>> race, regardless of whether or not he flatted, is pretty lame. yawn.
>>

> But why do people like yourself always assume that just because it's
> training, nobody was going fast? Is there something about an entry fee
> or the chance to win a free bike tube that legitimizes a race?

HA! Why do dumbasses like you think that a fast training ride is a race?

NS

> Frank Drackman wrote:
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >A quick google groups search for your name turns up that, yep, it's
>> > official, you're an a$$hole. I was questioning it momentarily.
>> >
>> > Here's to hoping you have a flat the next time you take your bike of
>> > the wall...
>> >

>> Sorry that I offended you, it was a bad attempt at a joke.

> Dumbass -
>
> The joke was fine.
>
> Someone talking about beating LANCE (or any other racer) in a training
> race, regardless of whether or not he flatted, is pretty lame. yawn.
>
> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

I thought the same thing as you but my comment seemed to upset him, and he
had taken the time to do a search of my posts, so I thought that it would be
best to apologize.

> It's not the same as going out for a short TT training ride, and
> passing Lance during cooldown after a 6-hour ride, and claiming to have
> dusted him.

Dumbass -

Goddamm.

You are a *huge* Fred.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Every few months I come back into this NG because I forget what
imibicles polulate it.

You really are an idiot. Denial won't help.

On 9 Aug 2005 10:20:52 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Every few months I come back into this NG because I forget what
>imibicles polulate it.

Is that a cross between pollute and populate? No idea about that other word.

Ron

RonSonic wrote:
> On 9 Aug 2005 10:20:52 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>

>>Every few months I come back into this NG because I forget what
>>imibicles polulate it.

> Is that a cross between pollute and populate? No idea about that other word.
>
> Ron

I think it's when you drink a melting snotcicle after pollinating a
superfund toxic waste site.

Steve

--
Cut the nonsense to reply

in 479335 20050809 182052 [email protected] wrote:
>Every few months I come back into this NG because I forget what
>imibicles polulate it.

"a few weeks ago I couldn't spell engineer - now I am one".

RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 9 Aug 2005 10:20:52 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>
>>Every few months I come back into this NG because I forget what
>>imibicles polulate it.

> Is that a cross between pollute and populate? No idea about that other
> word.

LOL! And I love the irony of him misspelling imbEcile.

Poor guy. It has to be really humiliating to discover that you're even
dumber than all of us imbeciles in here.

NS