Really fast tire wear?

stevek

Sep 27, 2003
When I got my racing bike the tires were in good shape. They are 700x25 well at the time I was about 265. I had a slow leak and sometimes the tires were a bit low and that caused the sidewall to shred.
Well my buddy gave me another pair (can’t remember what brand but they were good quality) and I kept them inflated. I used them for about two months 20 miles a day 100 miles a week. Sometimes I had to go through gravel but I am careful.
Well tonight I was filling a slight jerk in the motion and I thought I had not trued the wheel well. So I took my bike in tonight to true the wheel and on the sidewalls I found three little cuts and the inner tube poking out. I also found bare spots on the tire.
This seems pretty fast wear but I wonder if it is my weight? I am down about 12 pounds or so.
If I go through tires like this what brand/type should I get? Since I put in tuffies I haven to gotten a flat.
Here my bike was sitting there and I debated on if I could make it to work tomorrow where I have a spare tire or do I take the bike on the buss. I heard a small pop and a raspberry and the tire lost it’s air (G)