General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

REC - Creamy Raspberry Fondue

Started by Damsel in dis Dress · · Last activity · 12 posts · 455 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 December 2005
Last activity
20 December 2005
Original author
Damsel in dis Dress
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
455
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This is GOOD!

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Creamy Raspberry Fondue

    Recipe By :Better Homes and Gardens
    Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : desserts fondue
    fruits

    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    4 ounces whipped cream cheese
    20 ounces raspberries, frozen -- thawed
    1/4 cup cornstarch
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/4 cup brandy

    Let cream cheese come to room temperature. In saucepan crush
    raspberries slightly. Blend together cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold
    water; add to berries. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
    Sieve; discard seeds. Pour into fondue pot; place over fondue burner.
    Add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in sugar; gradually add
    brandy. Spear fruit or cake cube with fondue fork; dip in fondue.

    Suggested dippers: Brownies, pound cake, pears, peaches.

    Source:
    "Fondue and Tabletop Cooking"
    Copyright:
    "©1970 Meredith Corporation"

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  2. "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is GOOD!

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Creamy Raspberry Fondue

    Recipe By :Better Homes and Gardens
    Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : desserts fondue
    fruits

    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    4 ounces whipped cream cheese
    20 ounces raspberries, frozen -- thawed
    1/4 cup cornstarch
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/4 cup brandy

    Let cream cheese come to room temperature. In saucepan crush
    raspberries slightly. Blend together cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold
    water; add to berries. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
    Sieve; discard seeds. Pour into fondue pot; place over fondue burner.
    Add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in sugar; gradually add
    brandy. Spear fruit or cake cube with fondue fork; dip in fondue.

    Suggested dippers: Brownies, pound cake, pears, peaches.

    Source:
    "Fondue and Tabletop Cooking"
    Copyright:
    "©1970 Meredith Corporation"

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    I've never tried fondue, you make it sound interesting!
    I guess from your posts that you and Crash are into fondue at the moment! It
    sounds a good idea for the cold weather, perhaps thats why they like it in
    Sweden. How would you cook beef and chicken in fondue? Marinade and broil it
    first and then dip into hot fondue? Perhaps a mustard and honey instead of
    cheese?
    Sarah

  3. On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:27:58 GMT, "Sarah" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I've never tried fondue, you make it sound interesting!

    It's fun. It's been about a year and a half since we've done it, at
    the Great Midwest Cook-In of 2004.

    Quoted message said:

    I guess from your posts that you and Crash are into fondue at the moment!

    Nope, I've just been responding to posts asking for info. Today, I
    was browsing MasterCook and spotted the raspberry fondue recipe. It's
    so good, it begs to be shared.

    We do plan on having a fondue Christmas dinner with my niece and her
    roommate sometime next month. Conflicting family obligations and all
    that jazz.

    Quoted message said:

    How would you cook beef and chicken in fondue? Marinade and broil it
    first and then dip into hot fondue? Perhaps a mustard and honey instead of
    cheese?

    When we cook meat in a fondue pot, we submerge it in hot peanut oil.
    You cook the meat very briefly. It's surprising how fast it cooks!
    I've never pre-seasoned the cubes of meat in any way before cooking.
    Just put together a bunch of small dishes of sauces and dips that
    you'd like along with your meat.

    I like your honey-mustard idea. Especially for chicken.

    My favorite for beef tenderloin is sour cream with <cover your eyes>
    onion powder. Horseradish is good. So are steak sauces.

    Barbecue sauce is good with both beef and chicken.

    I've fondued shrimp, but wouldn't waste good shrimp that way again.

    Pork tenderloin would be wonderful, too. I haven't tried fonduing it
    yet.

    I like beef and chicken fondue in oil, chocolate fondue with fruit,
    and this raspberry stuff with brownies. I might have a caramel dip
    recipe somewhere, but no guarantees. Cheese fondue isn't a huge
    favorite of mine, but I'd like to try a recipe or two that has a low
    wine content.

    I have more recipes, mostly from my Better Homes and Gardens fondue
    book. If you're interested, I'll post more.

    Carol

  4. "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is GOOD!

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Creamy Raspberry Fondue

    Recipe By :Better Homes and Gardens
    Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : desserts fondue
    fruits

    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    4 ounces whipped cream cheese
    20 ounces raspberries, frozen -- thawed
    1/4 cup cornstarch
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/4 cup brandy

    Let cream cheese come to room temperature. In saucepan crush
    raspberries slightly. Blend together cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold
    water; add to berries. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
    Sieve; discard seeds. Pour into fondue pot; place over fondue burner.
    Add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in sugar; gradually add
    brandy. Spear fruit or cake cube with fondue fork; dip in fondue.

    Suggested dippers: Brownies, pound cake, pears, peaches.

    Source:
    "Fondue and Tabletop Cooking"
    Copyright:
    "©1970 Meredith Corporation"

    Carol, I'm doing swiss cheese fondue as part of my Xmas dinner. I may try a
    version of this for dessert - maybe with Baileys as a twist, but what if I
    use strawberries instead? I see those in the stores more often than
    raspberries. Should work, too, right?

    kili

  5. "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:27:58 GMT, "Sarah" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I've never tried fondue, you make it sound interesting!

    It's fun. It's been about a year and a half since we've done it, at
    the Great Midwest Cook-In of 2004.

    Quoted message said:

    I guess from your posts that you and Crash are into fondue at the moment!

    Nope, I've just been responding to posts asking for info. Today, I
    was browsing MasterCook and spotted the raspberry fondue recipe. It's
    so good, it begs to be shared.

    We do plan on having a fondue Christmas dinner with my niece and her
    roommate sometime next month. Conflicting family obligations and all
    that jazz.

    Quoted message said:

    How would you cook beef and chicken in fondue? Marinade and broil it
    first and then dip into hot fondue? Perhaps a mustard and honey instead
    of
    cheese?

    When we cook meat in a fondue pot, we submerge it in hot peanut oil.
    You cook the meat very briefly. It's surprising how fast it cooks!
    I've never pre-seasoned the cubes of meat in any way before cooking.
    Just put together a bunch of small dishes of sauces and dips that
    you'd like along with your meat.

    I like your honey-mustard idea. Especially for chicken.

    My favorite for beef tenderloin is sour cream with <cover your eyes>
    onion powder. Horseradish is good. So are steak sauces.

    Barbecue sauce is good with both beef and chicken.

    I've fondued shrimp, but wouldn't waste good shrimp that way again.

    Pork tenderloin would be wonderful, too. I haven't tried fonduing it
    yet.

    I like beef and chicken fondue in oil, chocolate fondue with fruit,
    and this raspberry stuff with brownies. I might have a caramel dip
    recipe somewhere, but no guarantees. Cheese fondue isn't a huge
    favorite of mine, but I'd like to try a recipe or two that has a low
    wine content.

    I have more recipes, mostly from my Better Homes and Gardens fondue
    book. If you're interested, I'll post more.

    Carol

    That would be great, savoury rather than sweet if possible, I'm thinking of
    treating Gary to a fondue night! I'm not sure how safe it is for Jake who's
    only 4 but loves cooking over a candle!
    Sarah

  6. On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:25:59 GMT, "Sarah" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    I have more recipes, mostly from my Better Homes and Gardens fondue
    book. If you're interested, I'll post more.

    That would be great, savoury rather than sweet if possible, I'm thinking of
    treating Gary to a fondue night! I'm not sure how safe it is for Jake who's
    only 4 but loves cooking over a candle!

    There may be exceptions, but ...

    Meat fondue, in peanut oil, is generally made in a metal pot, heated
    by Sterno or electricity.

    Cheese fondue is usually heated in a ceramic pot, although you can use
    metal, if you keep the heat very low.

    I'll see what I can find that I've already loaded into MasterCook, and
    will post the recipes one at a time for you, in separate threads. I
    think I have a cheeseburger one somewhere. That could be weird.

    Carol

  7. "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:25:59 GMT, "Sarah" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    I have more recipes, mostly from my Better Homes and Gardens fondue
    book. If you're interested, I'll post more.

    That would be great, savoury rather than sweet if possible, I'm thinking


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    treating Gary to a fondue night! I'm not sure how safe it is for Jake


    who's

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    only 4 but loves cooking over a candle!

    There may be exceptions, but ...

    Meat fondue, in peanut oil, is generally made in a metal pot, heated
    by Sterno or electricity.

    Cheese fondue is usually heated in a ceramic pot, although you can use
    metal, if you keep the heat very low.

    I'll see what I can find that I've already loaded into MasterCook, and
    will post the recipes one at a time for you, in separate threads. I
    think I have a cheeseburger one somewhere. That could be weird.

    Carol

    It does sound kinda weird...... but if it's dipped in cheddar with salsa or
    tomatoes or something? Nah, still sounds kinda weird. LOL

    kili

  8. kilikini said:


    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is GOOD!

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Creamy Raspberry Fondue

    Carol, I'm doing swiss cheese fondue as part of my Xmas dinner. I may try a
    version of this for dessert - maybe with Baileys as a twist, but what if I
    use strawberries instead? I see those in the stores more often than
    raspberries. Should work, too, right?

    Strawberries would be equally yummy, I'm sure. I'm thinking banana
    chunks as one of the dippers?

    Carol

  9. "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    kilikini said:


    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is GOOD!

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Creamy Raspberry Fondue

    Carol, I'm doing swiss cheese fondue as part of my Xmas dinner. I may


    try a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    version of this for dessert - maybe with Baileys as a twist, but what if


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    use strawberries instead? I see those in the stores more often than
    raspberries. Should work, too, right?

    Strawberries would be equally yummy, I'm sure. I'm thinking banana
    chunks as one of the dippers?

    Carol

    Oh, GOD yes!

    kili <-------- drooling here

  10. kilikini said:

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    kilikini said:

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > Creamy Raspberry Fondue

    Carol, I'm doing swiss cheese fondue as part of my Xmas dinner. I may
    try a
    version of this for dessert - maybe with Baileys as a twist, but what if
    I use strawberries instead? I see those in the stores more often than
    raspberries. Should work, too, right?

    Strawberries would be equally yummy, I'm sure. I'm thinking banana
    chunks as one of the dippers?

    Oh, GOD yes!

    kili <-------- drooling here

    So I guess I shouldn't mention anything about pineapple?

    Carol

  11. "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    kilikini said:

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:04:39 GMT, "kilikini"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > >
    > > Creamy Raspberry Fondue
    >
    > Carol, I'm doing swiss cheese fondue as part of my Xmas dinner. I


    may

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > try a
    > version of this for dessert - maybe with Baileys as a twist, but


    what if

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > I use strawberries instead? I see those in the stores more often


    than

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > raspberries. Should work, too, right?

    Strawberries would be equally yummy, I'm sure. I'm thinking banana
    chunks as one of the dippers?

    Oh, GOD yes!

    kili <-------- drooling here

    So I guess I shouldn't mention anything about pineapple?

    Carol

    You're killing me! LOL

    kili

  12. Sarah said:

    I've never tried fondue, you make it sound interesting!
    I guess from your posts that you and Crash are into fondue at the moment! It
    sounds a good idea for the cold weather, perhaps thats why they like it in
    Sweden. How would you cook beef and chicken in fondue? Marinade and broil it
    first and then dip into hot fondue? Perhaps a mustard and honey instead of
    cheese?
    Sarah

    Imho roast potatoes are the best dipping objects for fondue. A good
    Swiss fondue is one of those things you have to have at least once in
    life.

    NT

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.