REC: Divine Truffle Brownies

Jude

Guest
These are decadent....the top layer is like a chocolate mousse. I make
them for Valentine's Day every year. They are amazing. They are
fabulous. They are probably the best brownies I've ever eaten....sorry
barb!

2 oz good-quality bittersweet baking chocolate
1/4 c butter
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 c flour
4 oz good-quality bittersweet baking chocolate
2/3 c heavy cream
1/4 c sugar
2 eggs

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Line an 8x8 square pan with tinfoil.

3. In a microwave safe bowl, heat 2 squares chocolate and butter 1
minute on HIGH, then stri until completely melted.

4. Stir in sugar. (1/2 c)

5. Stir in 1 egg.

6. Add flour and mix. Spread batter in prepared pan.

7. Combine 4 o chocolate with cream in small bowl. Heat in microwave on
HIGH for 1 minute, then stir until chocllate is melted and mixture is
smooth.

8. Beat 1/4 c sugar with 2 eggs in small bowl for 1 minute. Beat in
chocolate / cream mixture. Spread in pan over bottom layer.

9. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until topping is set and the edges begin to
pull away from the pan.

10. When cool, sprinkle with powdered suagr, if desired.

For Val day, I like to put a heart shaped doily on the brownies, then
sprinkle the powdered suagr over so it goes through the little holes
and leaves a pretty heart-shaped pattern.

"Jude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> These are decadent....the top layer is like a chocolate mousse. I make
> them for Valentine's Day every year. They are amazing. They are
> fabulous. They are probably the best brownies I've ever eaten....sorry
> barb!

Wow...they're going into the "must try soon" folder!
Thanks!

"Jude" <[email protected]> wrote:

> These are decadent....the top layer is like a chocolate mousse. I make
> them for Valentine's Day every year. They are amazing. They are
> fabulous. They are probably the best brownies I've ever eaten....sorry
> barb!

Pfft, there's no need for an apology, for pity's sake. I'm not in a
contest with anyone about it. Well maybe the State Fair come August but
if you're not a judge, I don't give a rip what you think of them. "-)
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-19-2006, Yummy! and church review. :)