Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Recumbent 1 Wedgie 0

Started by Ian · · Last activity · 91 posts · 6,398 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
22 July 2003
Last activity
6 October 2003
Original author
Ian
Posts
91
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
6,398
Views / 30 days
14

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 91
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On the way home this evening there I was cruising along at an easy 19mph when what do I see myself
    catching up to? Why a Wedgie in lycra doing a Quasi Modo over the bars, and pedalling his little
    heart out, I continued along and was soon behind him, he looked back and sneered at me in my baggy
    shorts as we both turned off the main road onto a slight down slope, at this point I decided to free
    wheel, he did his best to pedal away, kept looking behind to see me coasting along easily, we hit
    30mph and I got bored with him so pedalled up to 45mph and passed him, he tried to accelerate
    briefly before he realised the laws of physics were against him and he dwindled into the distance
    behind me, we were cycling into a slight headwind, such joy.

    Ian

  2. "Ian" skrev...

    Quoted message said:

    On the way home this evening there I was cruising along at an easy 19mph when what do I see myself
    catching up to? Why a Wedgie in lycra doing a Quasi Modo over the bars, and pedalling his little
    heart out, I continued along and was soon behind him, he looked back and sneered at me in my baggy
    shorts as we both turned off the main road onto a slight down slope, at this point I decided to
    free wheel, he did his best to pedal away, kept looking behind to see me coasting along easily, we
    hit 30mph and I got bored with him so pedalled up to 45mph and passed him, he tried to accelerate
    briefly before he realised the laws of physics were against him and he dwindled into the distance
    behind me, we were cycling into a slight headwind, such joy.

    And then you woke up I presume. :-) 72 kph or 45 mph sounds a bit unlikely even to me. Especially if
    it was flat terrain and with a headwind.

    M.

  3. Ooops "slight downhill" :-) Good for you. My wussyclutch usually deactivates my legs around
    60 kph. ;o)

    M.

  4. Ian wrote in message ...

    Quoted message said:

    On the way home this evening there I was cruising along at an easy 19mph when what do I see myself
    catching up to? Why a Wedgie

    What happens out in the real world is that top level road riders like me get upset with you benters
    and rollerbladers.

    You guys must learn to pull all the way over to the right hand side of the road and ride the gutter
    when we come up and pass you.

    Benters and those damn rollerbladers are terrible road hogs, you never see those things out on the
    real cycling roads like north of Milan in the Bellagio, Cadenabbia, and Menaggio area.

    Recap:

    Keep those damn things in the park or your local subdivision cul de cac(sp?), I'm out there doing a
    planned training session, I don't need you guys getting in my way.

    When I yelled ' ON YOUR LEFT ', then get over to the right!

  5. Time to recalibrate the bike computer 45 MPH is rather fast on the road.

    "Ian" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On the way home this evening there I was cruising along at an easy 19mph when what do I see myself
    catching up to? Why a Wedgie in lycra doing a Quasi Modo over the bars, and pedalling his little
    heart out, I continued along and was soon behind him, he looked back and sneered at me in my


    baggy

    Quoted message said:

    shorts as we both turned off the main road onto a slight down slope, at


    this

    Quoted message said:

    point I decided to free wheel, he did his best to pedal away, kept looking behind to see me
    coasting along easily, we hit 30mph and I got bored with him so pedalled up to 45mph and passed
    him, he tried to accelerate briefly before he realised the laws of physics were against him and he
    dwindled


    into

    Quoted message said:

    the distance behind me, we were cycling into a slight headwind, such joy.

    Ian

  6. Fabrizio Mazzoleni said:

    What happens out in the real world is that top level road riders like me get upset with you benters
    and rollerbladers.

    Especially when we blow you away with such ease, obviously ;-)

    Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. chapmancentral.comchapmancentral.com [currently
    offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]

  7. Mikael Seierup must be edykated coz e writed:

    Quoted message said:


    "Ian" skrev...

    Quoted message said:

    On the way home this evening there I was cruising along at an easy 19mph when what do I see
    myself catching up to? Why a Wedgie in lycra doing a Quasi Modo over the bars, and pedalling his
    little heart out, I continued along and was soon behind him, he looked back and sneered at me in
    my baggy shorts as we both turned off the main road onto a slight down slope, at this point I
    decided to free wheel, he did his best to pedal away, kept looking behind to see me coasting
    along easily, we hit 30mph and I got bored with him so pedalled up to 45mph and passed him, he
    tried to accelerate briefly before he realised the laws of physics were against him and he
    dwindled into the distance behind me, we were cycling into a slight headwind, such joy.

    And then you woke up I presume. :-) 72 kph or 45 mph sounds a bit unlikely even to me. Especially
    if it was flat terrain and with a headwind.

    M.


    Mikael,

    You really need to learn to read English, we were on a slight downhill, I was coasting at 30mph! I
    do not find a problem with reaching more than 30mph on the flat in calm conditions.

    Ian

  8. Mikael Seierup must be edykated coz e writed:

    Quoted message said:

    Ooops "slight downhill" :-) Good for you. My wussyclutch usually deactivates my legs around 60
    kph. ;o)

    M.


    Oops sorry Mikael, I answered before I read this one.

    Ian

  9. And Lance very recently pointed out exactly where wedgies belong..

    "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Ian wrote in message ...

    Quoted message said:

    On the way home this evening there I was cruising along at an easy 19mph when what do I see
    myself catching up to? Why a Wedgie

    What happens out in the real world is that top level road riders like me get upset with you
    benters and rollerbladers.

    You guys must learn to pull all the way over to the right hand side of the road and ride the
    gutter when we come up and pass you.

    Benters and those damn rollerbladers are terrible road hogs, you never see those things out on the
    real cycling roads like north of Milan in the Bellagio, Cadenabbia, and Menaggio area.

    Recap:

    Keep those damn things in the park or your local subdivision cul de cac(sp?), I'm out there doing
    a planned training session, I don't need you guys getting in my way.

    When I yelled ' ON YOUR LEFT ', then get over to the right!

  10. According to my bike computer I had my Vision R-50 up to 45mph during the Seattle to Portland
    ride.(It was a downhill portion of the road). My GPS unit showed a maximum speed of 46.2 for that
    portion of the trip.

    Perhaps a trifle fast for comfort but the conditions were right and it felt so good to pass by a
    number of df's on that hill.

    William Higley, Sr. Vision R-50 "Mike" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Time to recalibrate the bike computer 45 MPH is rather fast on the road.

    "Ian" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On the way home this evening there I was cruising along at an easy 19mph when what do I see
    myself catching up to? Why a Wedgie in lycra doing a Quasi Modo over the bars, and pedalling his
    little heart out, I


    continued

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    along and was soon behind him, he looked back and sneered at me in my


    baggy

    Quoted message said:

    shorts as we both turned off the main road onto a slight down slope, at


    this

    Quoted message said:

    point I decided to free wheel, he did his best to pedal away, kept


    looking

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    behind to see me coasting along easily, we hit 30mph and I got bored


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    him so pedalled up to 45mph and passed him, he tried to accelerate


    briefly

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    before he realised the laws of physics were against him and he dwindled


    into

    Quoted message said:

    the distance behind me, we were cycling into a slight headwind, such


    joy.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Ian


  11. "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:


    You guys must learn to pull all the way over to the right hand side of the road and ride the
    gutter when we come up and pass you.


    Fab passing me? :LOL Like that'll happen anytime soon. When I pass guys like you, I ding my
    handlebar bell. Why does that drive you so crazy? Is it the pass itself, or the fact that my bell
    weighs more than all the weight you've saved with that Ti bolt set?

  12. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote in message ...

    Quoted message said:
    Fabrizio Mazzoleni said:

    What happens out in the real world is that top level road riders like me get upset with you
    benters and rollerbladers.

    Especially when we blow you away with such ease, obviously ;-)

    If you read my post you will see that I said cyclists always pass you guys.

    Please move over and stay out of our way.

  13. Fabrizio Mazzoleni said:


    If you read my post you will see that I said cyclists always pass you guys.

    Please move over and stay out of our way.

    Yeah, those sag wagons move pretty fast, and they gotta be pretty big to load up all the guys who
    dress in bread wrappers with pointy little mousey hats and ride ass-hatchets.

  14. John Foltz wrote in message ...

    Quoted message said:

    Fab passing me? :LOL Like that'll happen anytime soon.

    Here's a little fact for you, John.

    Last evening I was out doing some testing on a local climb, and after downloading the data and
    analyzing the results I figure that on last Sunday's stage 14 in the tour I would have been with the
    lead group at the summit of the Col de Peyresourde!

    And I know from experience that I can desend in the Pyrenees much better that either Gilberto Simoni
    or Laurent Dufaux.

    Looks like I would have won at least one stage in this year's TdF!

    Now what do you think?

  15. Fabrizio Mazzoleni said:

    When I yelled ' ON YOUR LEFT ', then get over to the right!

    You are welcome to /try/ to overtake on the left, Fabrizio old son, but I fancy the drains, grit and
    broken glass to be found in the gutter will rapidly put paid to your ultra-lightweight tyres. Even
    Fat Boy Ullrich is doing 0 mph when he's stopped with a puncture.

    Dave Larrington - legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uklegslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
    ===========================================================
    Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
    bhpc.org.ukbhpc.org.uk
    ===========================================================

  16. Fabrizio Mazzoleni said:

    Now what do you think?

    I think you're a delusional paranoid schizophrenic. Still, a little light comedic relief never
    hurt anyone.

    Dave Larrington - legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uklegslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
    ===========================================================
    Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
    bhpc.org.ukbhpc.org.uk
    ===========================================================

  17. Fabrizio Mazzoleni said:

    Looks like I would have won at least one stage in this year's TdF!

    Now what do you think?

    We've always known that you're a legend in your own mind.

  18. Fabrizio Mazzoleni must be edykated coz e writed:

    Quoted message said:


    Ian wrote in message ...

    Quoted message said:

    On the way home this evening there I was cruising along at an easy 19mph when what do I see
    myself catching up to? Why a Wedgie

    What happens out in the real world is that top level road riders like me get upset with you
    benters and rollerbladers.

    You guys must learn to pull all the way over to the right hand side of the road and ride the
    gutter when we come up and pass you.

    Benters and those damn rollerbladers are terrible road hogs, you never see those things out on the
    real cycling roads like north of Milan in the Bellagio, Cadenabbia, and Menaggio area.

    Recap:

    Keep those damn things in the park or your local subdivision cul de cac(sp?), I'm out there doing
    a planned training session, I don't need you guys getting in my way.

    When I yelled ' ON YOUR LEFT ', then get over to the right!


    We ride on the left here you inbreed.

    Ian

  19. "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:VveTa.483679
    [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Keep those damn things in the park or your local subdivision cul de cac(sp?), I'm out there doing
    a planned training session, I don't need you guys getting in my way.

    When I yelled ' ON YOUR LEFT ', then get over to the right!

    But, I've not once heard one of your type yell "on your left".

    -Bill Hamilton

  20. Ian wrote in message ...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    We ride on the left here you inbreed.

    The original poster was from the states so I used the 'on your left' remark for him, as well I'm
    over there myself at this time.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.