Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

References on Fetish Cycles

Started by Corey Green · · Last activity · 7 posts · 3,923 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
25 August 2003
Last activity
13 September 2003
Original author
Corey Green
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,923
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone have experience with the frames and other components available through Fetish Cycles
    (fetishcycles.com)fetishcycles.com)

    This is not a troll and I truly am looking for experiences before spending any money. Thanks for
    your help.

    You either reply to group or email me directly at:

    [email hidden]

    Thanks!

  2. they sell stuff on ebay, check their feedback

    "Corey Green" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone have experience with the frames and other components available through Fetish Cycles
    (fetishcycles.com)fetishcycles.com)

    This is not a troll and I truly am looking for experiences before spending any money. Thanks for
    your help.

    You either reply to group or email me directly at:

    [email hidden]

    Thanks!

  3. They're made by Leader Bike USA. I had the misfortune of purchasing one (a Leader) last fall. Big
    problems. I attempted to contact them for warranty and never got a reply. Stick to your LBS and a
    company you know has a good warranty policy.

    Jon

    "Corey Green" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone have experience with the frames and other components available through Fetish Cycles
    (fetishcycles.com)fetishcycles.com)

    This is not a troll and I truly am looking for experiences before spending any money. Thanks for
    your help.

    You either reply to group or email me directly at:

    [email hidden]

    Thanks!

  4. They also look suspiciously similar to the VanDessel, don't they? There really can't be that many
    factories out there churning out alu/carbon frames.... Also, the fetish frame doesn't have a
    braze-on front der. hanger, something that made me cringe on the Leaders (since a small
    manufacturing mistake can render the front der. unusable).

    Ben

    Quoted message said:

    From: "Jon" <[email hidden]> Organization: University of Calgary Newsgroups:
    rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:19:53 -0600 Subject: Re:
    References on Fetish Cycles

    They're made by Leader Bike USA. I had the misfortune of purchasing one (a Leader) last fall. Big
    problems. I attempted to contact them for warranty and never got a reply. Stick to your LBS and a
    company you know has a good warranty policy.

    Jon

    "Corey Green" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone have experience with the frames and other components available through Fetish Cycles
    (fetishcycles.com)fetishcycles.com)

    This is not a troll and I truly am looking for experiences before spending any money. Thanks for
    your help.

    You either reply to group or email me directly at:

    [email hidden]

    Thanks!

  5. One of the many defects with my frame. Don't get me started on what happened to the carbon stays.

    Be wary.

    Jon

    "Ben Brewer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    They also look suspiciously similar to the VanDessel, don't they? There really can't be that many
    factories out there churning out alu/carbon frames.... Also, the fetish frame doesn't have a
    braze-on front der. hanger,


    something

    Quoted message said:

    that made me cringe on the Leaders (since a small manufacturing mistake


    can

    Quoted message said:

    render the front der. unusable).

    Ben

    Quoted message said:

    From: "Jon" <[email hidden]> Organization: University of Calgary Newsgroups:
    rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:19:53 -0600 Subject: Re:
    References on Fetish Cycles

    They're made by Leader Bike USA. I had the misfortune of purchasing one


    (a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Leader) last fall. Big problems. I attempted to contact them for


    warranty

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and never got a reply. Stick to your LBS and a company you know has a


    good

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    warranty policy.

    Jon

    "Corey Green" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone have experience with the frames and other components available through Fetish Cycles
    (fetishcycles.com)fetishcycles.com)

    This is not a troll and I truly am looking for experiences before spending any money. Thanks
    for your help.

    You either reply to group or email me directly at:

    [email hidden]

    Thanks!


  6. In article said:

    They also look suspiciously similar to the VanDessel, don't they? There really can't be that many
    factories out there churning out alu/carbon frames....

    Actually there are heaps of factories churning out alu/carbon frames, not to mention increasingly
    widespread use by individual frame builders and small boutique shops. I'm not saying it's a good
    idea but it is common practice.

    --Paul

  7. Sorry to be big brother here but I found Jon "lying to make friends". Here's what transpired:

    Hi Jon,

    I was reading in the groups section at Google and ran across your comment. Can you tell me where you received this information? It isn't true. Leader doesn't make our bikes and we are not affiliated with them. We have and will continue to stand behind our warranty.

    Thanks,
    Mike Tretter

    Jon's reply:

    Glad to hear you stand by your products. My comment should have read "They are very similar in appearance to Leader and are sold in the same manner, which lead me to believe they may be related." I am very soured by my experience with Leader and I made an inappropriate comment.

    Sorry for the misinformation.

    Jon

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Jon
    [B]They're made by Leader Bike USA. I had the misfortune of purchasing one (a Leader) last fall. Big
    problems. I attempted to contact them for warranty and never got a reply. Stick to your LBS and a
    company you know has a good warranty policy.

    Jon

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.