References on Fetish Cycles

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Corey Green, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Corey Green

    Corey Green Guest

    Anyone have experience with the frames and other components available through Fetish Cycles
    (http://www.fetishcycles.com)?

    This is not a troll and I truly am looking for experiences before spending any money. Thanks for
    your help.

    You either reply to group or email me directly at:

    [email protected]

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Ari

    Ari Guest

    they sell stuff on ebay, check their feedback

    "Corey Green" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone have experience with the frames and other components available through Fetish Cycles
    > (http://www.fetishcycles.com)?
    >
    > This is not a troll and I truly am looking for experiences before spending any money. Thanks for
    > your help.
    >
    > You either reply to group or email me directly at:
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    They're made by Leader Bike USA. I had the misfortune of purchasing one (a Leader) last fall. Big
    problems. I attempted to contact them for warranty and never got a reply. Stick to your LBS and a
    company you know has a good warranty policy.

    Jon

    "Corey Green" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone have experience with the frames and other components available through Fetish Cycles
    > (http://www.fetishcycles.com)?
    >
    > This is not a troll and I truly am looking for experiences before spending any money. Thanks for
    > your help.
    >
    > You either reply to group or email me directly at:
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    > Thanks!

  4. Ben Brewer

    Ben Brewer Guest

    They also look suspiciously similar to the VanDessel, don't they? There really can't be that many
    factories out there churning out alu/carbon frames.... Also, the fetish frame doesn't have a
    braze-on front der. hanger, something that made me cringe on the Leaders (since a small
    manufacturing mistake can render the front der. unusable).

    Ben

    > From: "Jon" <[email protected]> Organization: University of Calgary Newsgroups:
    > rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:19:53 -0600 Subject: Re:
    > References on Fetish Cycles
    >
    > They're made by Leader Bike USA. I had the misfortune of purchasing one (a Leader) last fall. Big
    > problems. I attempted to contact them for warranty and never got a reply. Stick to your LBS and a
    > company you know has a good warranty policy.
    >
    > Jon
    >
    > "Corey Green" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Anyone have experience with the frames and other components available through Fetish Cycles
    >> (http://www.fetishcycles.com)?
    >>
    >> This is not a troll and I truly am looking for experiences before spending any money. Thanks for
    >> your help.
    >>
    >> You either reply to group or email me directly at:
    >>
    >> [email protected]
    >>
    >> Thanks!

  5. Danziggidy

    Danziggidy Guest

    One of the many defects with my frame. Don't get me started on what happened to the carbon stays.

    Be wary.

    Jon

  6. In article <BB7162CB.396B6%[email protected]>, Ben Brewer <[email protected]> wrote:
    >They also look suspiciously similar to the VanDessel, don't they? There really can't be that many
    >factories out there churning out alu/carbon frames....

    Actually there are heaps of factories churning out alu/carbon frames, not to mention increasingly
    widespread use by individual frame builders and small boutique shops. I'm not saying it's a good
    idea but it is common practice.

    --Paul

  7. mtretter

    mtretter New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2003
    Sorry to be big brother here but I found Jon "lying to make friends". Here's what transpired:

    Hi Jon,

    I was reading in the groups section at Google and ran across your comment. Can you tell me where you received this information? It isn't true. Leader doesn't make our bikes and we are not affiliated with them. We have and will continue to stand behind our warranty.

    Thanks,
    Mike Tretter

    Jon's reply:

    Glad to hear you stand by your products. My comment should have read "They are very similar in appearance to Leader and are sold in the same manner, which lead me to believe they may be related." I am very soured by my experience with Leader and I made an inappropriate comment.

    Sorry for the misinformation.

    Jon