relaxing ride...feel better

Mule

Guest
Is it me or do rides really make you feel better? For some reason I got out of bed in a not-so-good
mood this morning.

I went for a short-ish 30km ride this afternoon and now I feel loads better. I guess it's (what they
call) those endorphins that help to relax you and lift your mood.

It's a bit hilly around here but I enjoy the uphills as much as zooming downhill. In fact I'd go so
far as to say that I probably prefer going uphill for the challenge.

Cycled along some quiet and some heavily-trafficked roads but everyone was very decent. One woman
didn't see me though and almost swiped me off as she opened her car door - but I feel too good right
now to give it further thought.

The weather is still brilliant. I hope it continues.

Anyone else have any good rides today?

--
...meandering mule...

>Is it me or do rides really make you feel better?

Works for me :)

I just love the feeling of freedom that cycling round Norfolk countryside gives
me.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Its not just you, that is one of the reasons I continued cycling when all other kids stop using
their bikes.

news:[email protected]...

"M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Its not just you, that is one of the reasons I continued cycling when all other kids stop using
> their bikes.
>
> "mule" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Is it me or do rides really make you feel better? For some reason I got out of bed in a
> > not-so-good mood this morning.
> >
> > I went for a short-ish 30km ride this afternoon and now I feel loads better. I guess it's (what
> > they call) those endorphins that help to
relax
> > you and lift your mood.
> >
> > It's a bit hilly around here but I enjoy the uphills as much as zooming downhill. In fact I'd go
> > so far as to say that I probably prefer going uphill for the challenge.
> >
> > Cycled along some quiet and some heavily-trafficked roads but everyone
was
> > very decent. One woman didn't see me though and almost swiped me off as
> she
> > opened her car door - but I feel too good right now to give it further thought.
> >
> > The weather is still brilliant. I hope it continues.
> >
> > Anyone else have any good rides today?
> >
> > --
> > ...meandering mule...

I had a crackin ride into work this morning - did it in my fastest time ever and yet, once again, I
wasnt really pushing it - hope i still feel this way when the snow comes :)

"Lee" <gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I had a crackin ride into work this morning - did it in my fastest time
ever
> and yet, once again, I wasnt really pushing it - hope i still feel this
way
> when the snow comes :)

Maybe not snow -- snow & (especially) ice are not cycling friendly. But two of the best rides I have
had in the last 12 months were during heavy rain. I have no idea why -- rain is often a complete
downer on a ride -- but once last November and again in the early spring I got caught in heavy rain
which somehow turned an 'ordinary' ride into something magical.