<< I have an old bike with a very odd-sized 25.8mm seatpost. It is of the style where the post and the saddle clamp are two separate units. Since the post is odd sized, I would like to keep that and replace the saddle clamp with something more modern and easier to adjust - the current one is the kind with two nuts threaded on opposite sides, pushing the rail clamps together. Its a pain to adjust and the nuts dig into to the side of the saddle and make it bulge out. >>
Get a 25.8 American Classic seatpost. One of the best designs on the market.
<< I have an old bike with a very odd-sized 25.8mm seatpost. It is of the style where the post and the saddle clamp are two separate units. Since
the
Quoted message said:
post is odd sized, I would like to keep that and replace the saddle clamp with something more modern and easier to adjust - the current one is the kind with two nuts threaded on opposite sides, pushing the rail clamps together. Its a pain to adjust and the nuts dig into to the side of the saddle and make it bulge out. >>
Get a 25.8 American Classic seatpost. One of the best designs on the
"KBH" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:Riuxa.916117$S_4.927203@rwcrnsc53...
Quoted message said:
I have an old bike with a very odd-sized 25.8mm seatpost. It is of the style where the post and the saddle clamp are two separate units. Since
the
Quoted message said:
post is odd sized, I would like to keep that and replace the saddle clamp with something more modern and easier to adjust - the current one is the kind with two nuts threaded on opposite sides, pushing the rail clamps together. Its a pain to adjust and the nuts dig into to the side of the saddle and make it bulge out.
So does such a thing exist? I saw some replacement saddle clamps in the Harris QBP catalog, but they're exactly the same as what I have on there now.
If you like the separate clamp on a straight post, nice aluminum posts and pretty chromed Brooks clamps are available. All the separate clamps presently available are coarse in their angle adjustment, micro-adjust clamps (Ideale, for example) having gone by the way. Modern 1-bolt setaposts are very available in that size ( it is quite common, acutally) and cheap.
I have an old bike with a very odd-sized 25.8mm seatpost. It is of the style where the post and the saddle clamp are two separate units. Since
the
Quoted message said:
post is odd sized, I would like to keep that and replace the saddle
clamp
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
with something more modern and easier to adjust - the current one is the kind with two nuts threaded on opposite sides, pushing the rail clamps together. Its a pain to adjust and the nuts dig into to the side of the saddle and make it bulge out.
So does such a thing exist? I saw some replacement saddle clamps in the Harris QBP catalog, but they're exactly the same as what I have on there now.
If you like the separate clamp on a straight post, nice aluminum posts and pretty chromed Brooks clamps are available. All the separate clamps presently available are coarse in their angle adjustment, micro-adjust clamps (Ideale, for example) having gone by the way. Modern 1-bolt
setaposts
Quoted message said:
are very available in that size ( it is quite common, acutally) and cheap.
whoops, shoud've checked - its 25.7 - which _is_ odd. I suppose a 25.8 may fit.
<< I have an old bike with a very odd-sized 25.8mm seatpost. It is of
the
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
style where the post and the saddle clamp are two separate units. Since
the
Quoted message said:
post is odd sized, I would like to keep that and replace the saddle
clamp
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
with something more modern and easier to adjust - the current one is the kind with two nuts threaded on opposite sides, pushing the rail clamps together. Its a pain to adjust and the nuts dig into to the side of the saddle and make it bulge out. >>
Get a 25.8 American Classic seatpost. One of the best designs on the