Replacing batteries in Timex HRM?

Harold Buck

Guest
Does anyone know how I go about getting the batteries replaced in my
Timex heart rate monitor? I seem to remember a factor in my decision to
buy it was that you did not have to mail it to the manufacturer (like
Polar) to get the batteries replaced, but I can't find anyone around
here who'll do it.

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson

Harold Buck wrote:
> Does anyone know how I go about getting the batteries replaced in my
> Timex heart rate monitor? I seem to remember a factor in my decision to
> buy it was that you did not have to mail it to the manufacturer (like
> Polar) to get the batteries replaced, but I can't find anyone around
> here who'll do it.
>
> --Harold Buck

I assume you are referring to the transmitter, not the watch(?).

It is intended to be do-it-yourself. The back of the chest strap (the
side facing your skin) should have a cap that can be unscrewed with a
coin.

My model uses the same battery for the watch as for the transmitter.
They are commonly available at the corner drug store (CVS, Eckered,
etc.).

I have also downloaded the PDF owner's manual from Timex before. That
is easier for me to store or organize than the little paper manual that
comes with the watch. The manual should go into more detail.

http://www.timex.com/html/watch_instructions.html

rsquared