REQUESTS from Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Patricia D. Hill, Jan 16, 2006.

  1. Meatloaf
    Gourmet Bloody Marys
    Cucumber Salad
    Cake with fruit
    French fry dipping sauce
    White French Dressing

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: *~* Recipe Trader *~* <[email protected]>
    Subject: Meatloaf

    Morning!

    Whew, I am glad that the holidays are over, time to get back on track.

    I am looking for a really good meat loaf recipe that has a tomato topping.
    NOT ketchup or anything like that, but more like stewed tomatoes, along
    that line. There is a local restaurant that makes their meatloaf like this
    and my DH loves it, I just cant seem to get the topping right!

    Any help would GREATLY be appreciated!

    Gail
    Lindale, Texas

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "chimp" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Gourmet Bloody Marys

    I had a recipe from an old Gourmet - probably 1990-1992 time frame. It
    was in the back of the magazine. What made it unusual was horseradish.
    Does anyone have this recipe or something similar?

    Thanks.
    Cheryl

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Tricia Eddy" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Cucumber Salad

    Looking for a recipe for a salad which uses cucumbers

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Amelia Meade" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Cake with fruit
    Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 06:46:30 +0000

    My neighbor made a loaf cake or sweet bread for me. I asked for the
    recipe but she said she didn.t have one.just threw things together. I can
    tell she used a can of canned fruit. What is the recipe for this?

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: Scott <[email protected]>
    Subject: REQ French fry dipping sauce

    I am looking for a type of sauce to dip my french fries in. A local
    restaurant has a white sauce that they put on my Cajun Burger. It is
    delicious. I've asked but the lady want tell. I always ask for a
    little extra to dip my fries in. I'm not a big fan of ketchup. I
    usually eat my fries with Tarter Sauce or other dipping sauces.

    The sauce I am looking for is white. She says it's her own secret
    sauce. I guess I'm just looking for any type of sauces that would be
    good with french fries. It's not a thick sauce.....It's kinda runny,
    and I couldn't name one ingredient in it. If you have any special
    sauce recipes that you like could you please post some. Thanks.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Susan" <[email protected]>
    Subject: White French Dressing

    Does anybody have this recipe? If, so I would love to have it.

    Thanks.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
    recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
    submission to appear.

    Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
    Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email protected]