I have been searching around the forum and google, but canøt seem to find any research on whether recovery rides really have the effect they are supposed to.
Anyone have research on the subject?
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Cycling Training · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
I have been searching around the forum and google, but canøt seem to find any research on whether recovery rides really have the effect they are supposed to.
Anyone have research on the subject?
I think if you look at training schedules they build into these schedules a day out of the week for casual easy riding, or some take that day off, when I raced (not pro, just cat 3) we did easy rides.
See: cyclewyoming.orgtraining.htmOpen ↗ If you notice Wednesday is off, that is this websites recovery day. Another schedule: kintera.orghtmlcontent.aspOpen ↗ shows a different day off. Like I said, when I use to race the day offs listed we would instead ride our bikes but ride in a easy leisurely fashion on flat roads for about half the miles our shortest ride of the week was, the coach's thought was that it kept our legs moving even though it wasn't a workout. Not sure if he was right or not, but it didn't seem to hinder us.
Here is web sites about recovery: zimbio.comCycle+Training+Zone+1+RecoveryOpen ↗
stanford.educycling.pdfOpen ↗
athleticamps.comid0038Open ↗
training4cyclists.comhow eliminating recovery rides can improve your performanceOpen ↗
You definitely want to be careful you don't over train, read this: cptips.comovrtrng.htmOpen ↗
I hope this stuff answers your questions.
Quoted post said:Originally Posted by Froze [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]
Here's a site about training you may or may not find useful: cyclingforums.comresearch on recovery ridesOpen ↗
LOL*infinity.
I've heard of chasing your own tail but that's redonkulous.
Quoted post said:Originally Posted by numminummi [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]
I have been searching around the forum and google, but canøt seem to find any research on whether recovery rides really have the effect they are supposed to.
Anyone have research on the subject?
If a recovery rides helps you, you should one. If a day off helps you, you should do one.
The most important aspect of training is that it is individual. You need to determine what is necessary for you to reach your goals and then do it.
You need to be careful of what is meant by a recovery ride. Using heart rate, average power or intensity factors (just to name a few measures) give me very different "recovery" rides.
---
I try to not take days off or do recovery rides. If I do, I don't sleep well or at all.
Quoted post said:Originally Posted by swampy1970 [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]
LOL*infinity.
I've heard of chasing your own tail but that's redonkulous.
Dang, that's weird, I didn't even notice it till you mentioned it. Kind of like a scratched CD you just keep replaying the same thing!!!! Now I can't think of the site I was trying to post...so I guess I was right, a site that may or may not be useful!!!
Guys I'm not aware of any research on this matter but I do know that my legs feel measurably better after a recovery spin on an off day as opposed to sitting on my can. I also know that the pro's still ride on a recovery day during the Tour de France. However, I do take several days off the bike and even a week or two during the off season to re-cage my brain and give myself some deep recovery. http://www.critfit.net "Coaching for the human race"
CRITFITxCOACHT said:Guys I'm not aware of any research on this matter but I do know that my legs feel measurably better after a recovery spin on an off day as opposed to sitting on my can. I also know that the pro's still ride on a recovery day during the Tour de France. However, I do take several days off the bike and even a week or two during the off season to re-cage my brain and give myself some deep recovery. http://www.critfit.net "Coaching for the human race"
You should put more links to your alleged coaching site in your posts because you haven't quite crossed that spammer scumbag line yet. If you don't have the credibility and success to earn money to pay for advertising, at least be smart about it and put your damned link in your signature.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.